Wish for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a reason for you to say that?

That is one of the audist views and those who are guilty by association.

The controversy of CIs will probably never end

But audism should end right now.

SO good to see that people get excited over the little things. If your phased by me using your instead of you're, I'd hate to see you when something important happens..:ty:

Spell-check comes in handy. Use it.

If you're fazed

And by choosing to deliberately leave out the population of people who are deaf/hh and who do not have CIs for whatever reasons, is a contradiction to your request. In fact, it adds fuel to the fire that people simply disregard that deaf people who do not fall in this category are incapable of making informed decisions and/or that their insight is significant enough to at least be considered. You're a parent of a daughter who is deaf. Shame on you.

Sure but what happen's when a person has already made their decision and is looking for information on what to expect on their decision and the threads get jacked from people who view his/her decision as wrong and that they need to rethink their decision. Sorry but that is not needed especially when the threads are titled for a certain group of people to discuss their situation. A thread that was not created for a debate then turns into one? How is that helping the individual?

I was looking for Zeebadee2010's post where he misspelled "your" when he should have used "you're". You are right... it is very strange!

Yeppers. Things are becoming clearer and clearer. Strange too, that zebadee went on for several pages about how tech savy he was, and could get around a ban anytime and return anytime under a different user name that he wanted to.:hmm:

Looks like a case of counting your chickens before they hatch and being so overly confident that he was so superior to the deaf mods that he could put one over on all them.

Looks like we got another Byrdie on our hands, folks.

And by choosing to deliberately leave out the population of people who are deaf/hh and who do not have CIs for whatever reasons, is a contradiction to your request. In fact, it adds fuel to the fire that people simply disregard that deaf people who do not fall in this category are incapable of making informed decisions and/or that their insight is significant enough to at least be considered. You're a parent of a daughter who is deaf. Shame on you.

Amen!

I think you're right about RD. :cool2:

It is becoming clearer with every post "zebadee" makes. The fact that he is so intent on directing everything toward me and PFH says a lot, as well. We all know what was going on with RD.

You should know that your is a word therefore spell check doesn't catch it. perhaps you are referring to grammar check?

Does phased get grammar-checked with fazed? And spell check can pick up a grammatical error when a word is misspelled out of context. Use it.

Sure but what happen's when a person has already made their decision and is looking for information on what to expect on their decision and the threads get jacked from people who view his/her decision as wrong and that they need to rethink their decision. Sorry but that is not needed especially when the threads are titled for a certain group of people to discuss their situation. A thread that was not created for a debate then turns into one? How is that helping the individual?

How is that helping people if one is spreading stereotypes about deaf people, Deaf culture, and etc?

Should we stay out of the CI threads and let all of you bash ASL, Deaf schools, or whatever because it is the CI subforum? There are many CI users who are interested in ASL and Deaf culture.

I understand what you're (you plus are = you're) saying and I DO agree.

That is irrelevant to my post. I was referring the fact that it is a very audist request...and THAT is a contradiction of what supporting each other should be all about.

When a CI breaks at my school, the teachers come to me because half the time the audi isn't available. Why? I have a kit and I usually get the CI going again.

I'm Deaf. I never used a CI before in my life. But I work with CIs everyday. But according to the request...I do not qualify to have an input. Because I'm deaf without a CI. That's audism for you.

How is that helping people if one is spreading stereotypes about deaf people, Deaf culture, and etc?

Should we stay out of the CI threads and let all of you bash ASL, Deaf schools, or whatever because it is the CI subforum? There are many CI users who are interested in ASL and Deaf culture.

Just another case of wanting to exclude anything that might shake up that fantasy world.

It is becoming clearer with every post "zebadee" makes. The fact that he is so intent on directing everything toward me and PFH says a lot, as well. We all know what was going on with RD.

I don't know. I always liked RD. I am surprised he would say such awful things even if he was angry.

This is sad.

Does phased get grammar-checked with fazed? And spell check can pick up a grammatical error when a word is misspelled out of context. Use it.

My browser doesn't have built in grammar check, only spell check .

I understand what you're (you plus are = you're) saying and I DO agree.

That is irrelevant to my post. I was referring the fact that it is a very audist request...and THAT is a contradiction of what supporting each other should be all about.

When a CI breaks at my school, the teachers come to me because half the time the audi isn't available. Why? I have a kit and I usually get the CI going again.

I'm Deaf. I never used a CI before in my life. But I work with CIs everyday. But according to the request...I do not qualify to have an input. Because I'm deaf without a CI. That's audism for you.

I pointed out same yesterday regarding audis and surgeons. They don't have CI, they are hearing, yet their input is welcomed. So to say that one cannot have information and understanding of a CI without having one personally is simply not factual.

Incase you haven't noticed the number of teens increasingly using drugs, smoking, and drinking have increased. If you read the other post you would know that had I chose to stay with my middle school friends I may very well have ended up like that.

My niece and nephew are both very outgoing people. They have tons of friends from their childhood and now that they are both out of school, they still have the same friends. They participated in Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. Nephew even got his Eagle Scout Badge. They are the children of 2 people who both smoke, drink and smoke pot. The kids don't. My niece is always the designated driver. My nephew is now a musician and DJ for a bar and lounge, but he still does not drink. Being very social DOES NOT promote drug, smoking or drinking use.

My children are 15 & 16. They are not as social as my niece and nephew and are home schooled. They have plenty of friends in the neighborhood and at church. They are happy and according to their last visit with the doctor, are healthy and well adjusted. They do not drink, smoke or do drugs. Since they are not in public school, I can keep a closer eye on them. They have no wish to try.

Again, being very social DOES NOT promote drug, smoking or drinking use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back