Wireless routers and Cochlear Implant

I am sitting right next to my 3G wireless router. My N5 Freedom and my Phonak and hearing just the computer fan noises.

Is it just around this one router ? Do you hear the clicking if you are around other routers ?
Try getting a new router - cheaper than a new processor.

I don't have any other routers.

But I do need to do something as something funky going on when i try to connect the internet with several wireless (wii, palm pilot, DSI, etc.)

Router interference

YES, you are getting interference. What is happening is that the data bursts of RF energy are being accidentally demodulated in your SPrint processor, where there is a P-N rectifying junction: Think of a nearby high-power AM transmitter being picked up on dentures (true). You may also hear the buzzing when using a GSM (T-Mobile or ATT) handset, as the mechanism is the same -- I have the same problem with my aging analog hearing aids.

The suggestions above are all pretty good. I would start by going into the router and shutting OFF the WiFi as a test.

Next, I would try another router, as stores have a 30 day return policy.

Next, I would try to find another location for the router, away from areas where you usually are.

As far as I know, the problem has been fixed in the N5 processor.~

Does your routers make your CI give clicking sounds? I'm sitting next to my router and I hear this clicking sounds. I asked both of my son and hubby if they hear it, and they told me they don't. So I'm guessing it is an interference thing. Have any of experience the same thing?

Um, I know this sounds silly. Why not just move the router farther away from you?

Those radio signals are probably cancerous. The high frequency radio signals we use in cell phone towers, bluetooth devices and wireless phones/ reouters etc. have not been proven to be safe at close range distances. In fact: it looks like they may increase risk of tumors and other heatlth problems. Your inplant may be telling you something I wish I could sense with my ears. That you need to be a little farther away!

PS I study Physics. I didn't read this in an article or something. Try to find a Neuropathologist or Neurosurgeon who does not use an ear bud extention so they can keep thier cell phone away from thier head. I dare ya :) All metal objects can conduct Radio signals... some people have been known to have picked up Radio signals.. in thier braces! The sound amplified through bone conduction and they could listen to the radio in thier head.. freaky huh?

Wirelessly posted

Hear2much said:
Um, I know this sounds silly. Why not just move the router farther away from you?

Those radio signals are probably cancerous. The high frequency radio signals we use in cell phone towers, bluetooth devices and wireless phones/ reouters etc. have not been proven to be safe at close range distances. In fact: it looks like they may increase risk of tumors and other heatlth problems. Your inplant may be telling you something I wish I could sense with my ears. That you need to be a little farther away!

Heh. It doesn't bother me other than wondering which is malfunctioning so I don't need to move it away from me. Beside I can't because of the cable and outlets

Back