Winter is finally over!! Whoo Hoo!

or was it 96 with inflation?

19 is the Crescent from NYC. From what I've heard the price is "cheap" south of Atlanta, at least southbound.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Yes, NYC to New Orleans.

Because I've ridden the City of New Orleans before. Not a train ride I particularly enjoyed. Those tracks are rough.

Where does the route of the City of New Orleans and the Saluki differ within Illinois? I have not ridden any in so long. Not sure what they were called then as I visited a friend in Downer's Grove and rode coach on a train back to Centralia in the 1960's and also in the 1960's took a train between Centralia and Carbondale to visit friends. All I know is that both come through Centralia. I don't know if the Illini comes this far south.

Where does the route of the City of New Orleans and the Saluki differ within Illinois? I have not ridden any in so long. Not sure what they were called then as I visited a friend in Downer's Grove and rode coach on a train back to Centralia in the 1960's and also in the 1960's took a train between Centralia and Carbondale to visit friends. All I know is that both come through Centralia. I don't know if the Illini comes this far south.

The Illini, Saluki, and City of New Orleans all use the same route. The only difference is that the Illini and Saluki terminate in Carbondale, while the City of New Orleans keeps going. There are six trains a day-- Saluki (#390, 391) Illini (#392, 393) and the City of New Orleans (#58, 59). Trains #390, #393, and #59 are southbound trains. Trains #391, #393, and #58 are northbound trains.

Because I've ridden the City of New Orleans before. Not a train ride I particularly enjoyed. Those tracks are rough.

The Illini, Saluki, and City of New Orleans all use the same route. The only difference is that the Illini and Saluki terminate in Carbondale, while the City of New Orleans keeps going. There are six trains a day-- Saluki (#390, 391) Illini (#392, 393) and the City of New Orleans (#58, 59). Trains #390, #393, and #59 are southbound trains. Trains #391, #393, and #58 are northbound trains.

Then why did you say what I quoted about the City of New Orleans and those tracks being rough?

Then why did you say what I quoted about the City of New Orleans and those tracks being rough?

Here's the thing about that line-- there's more than three tracks in several places, and I can count 4 freight rail yards right off the bat, so when the City of New Orleans goes over a switch track, it sways pretty good, and I don't particularly care for those. The Illini and Saluki are normal, and I'm used to those than the City of New Orleans.

41 and rainy in my city....spring is a long ways off yet....

Laura

41 and rainy in my city....spring is a long ways off yet....

Laura

I think the thread title refers to the calendar not the actual weather. But . . . because of the calendar date the weather change can't be far behind.

I think the thread title refers to the calendar not the actual weather. But . . . because of the calendar date the weather change can't be far behind.

The title said winter is over , will it might be for some people but other it's not. it was only 38 degrees some places . Winters can last a long time in New England .

The title said winter is over , will it might be for some people but other it's not. it was only 38 degrees some places . Winters can last a long time in New England .

and Upper Midwest and Rocky Mountain area too.

Well, everyone I heard from loved it and went several times already. Actually a friend is there this week with her mom and daughter and having a blast!
Ive never been there but my wife and her kids have and they loved it, we are trying to plan a trip there ourselves soon. Go through a travel agency and you can get a cheaper rate, locked in even if you make plans for a year or so from now. I know people who have and saved a ton of money. I am going to check into it myself next month, possibly plan a trip for next year and surprise the bunch as well as my daughter which she would be totally caught off guard.

When I went back at 16 years old.....I was disappointed because castle and buildings were a lot smaller than I thought when I was little. Expect to be disappointed in some things but you will have a great time watching children be excited about their favorite characters.

We had snow yesterday. April 29. But it didn't stick. Rain today. It's about 38 degrees now.

When I went back at 16 years old.....I was disappointed because castle and buildings were a lot smaller than I thought when I was little. Expect to be disappointed in some things but you will have a great time watching children be excited about their favorite characters.

It will be for the kids not me anyways. Everything looks bigger when you are littler...lol

Everyone I knew that when to Walt Disney World said they would never go there again. They hated it.

It sucks, unless you're under five.

However, universal studios is also in Orlando, and it's the balls. Excellent reason to go there :D

Myself. I would go to Silver Dollar City in Branson Mo, been there once as a kid (18) would love to go again.

Actually, the weather in winter has been way better where I live than the one we're having now. :/

Back