Windows XP to stop being produced April 2014

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Reaction score
I heard from a friend of mine that Windows XP will stop production in April 2014, so best get a laptop while you still can! And make sure you can upgrade to Windows 8.1, too, as well as finding new antivirus.

I can't even......I just.....dude!!!! Dafaq???

They're stopping support for it, they probably haven't produced XP in freaking years. You can still buy laptops, you can probably still find some with 7, but most have the 8 OS.

They're stopping support for it, they probably haven't produced XP in freaking years. You can still buy laptops, you can probably still find some with 7, but most have the 8 OS.

They've made it for the past 11 years, but now they're moving on. Says so from Microsoft themselves.

Okaaaaaaaaay. Explain your logic of why people should rush out and get a laptop "while they still can"

This should be good. I going to get popcorn. Brb

my laptop still has windows 7...I don't wanna move to windows 8...I don't like it!!

Okaaaaaaaaay. Explain your logic of why people should rush out and get a laptop "while they still can"

This should be good. I going to get popcorn. Brb

Maybe to enjoy what time is left with Windows 7 before it gets more complicated? I have a source that says that Windows 8/8.1 is causing problems for people, and I've not had problems with mine, but those with the newer technology have been having plenty of problems.

my laptop still has windows 7...I don't wanna move to windows 8...I don't like it!!

You have 7, you don't have XP, you don't even have Vista. Don't worry about it, you're fine, you'll still get updates.

Who the hell goes out and buys a laptop looking for Windows XP these days?! *facepalm*

Mod note:

Thread's moved from General chat to Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming.

Maybe to enjoy what time is left with Windows 7 before it gets more complicated? I have a source that says that Windows 8/8.1 is causing problems for people, and I've not had problems with mine, but those with the newer technology have been having plenty of problems.

I can't come up with a nice way to say what I want to say soooooo nevermind.

I will say I bought a laptop and CPU with 8 on it last February, so almost a year. No problems. Easy peasy

Actually I do have XP.

I quoted Dreamer not you. Duh

But, now that I'm thinking about it......didn't you say you bought a new laptop, with windows8 on it and were complaining you were having a hard time hooking your printer up to it???

I can't come up with a nice way to say what I want to say soooooo nevermind.

I will say I bought a laptop and CPU with 8 on it last February, so almost a year. No problems. Easy peasy

It's okay Amb, I can read your thoughts... :D :hug:

You're listening to moms rule of don't say anything at all! :tears: I'm so proud! Hey, I'm proud of myself at the moment! :D

Back