Windows XP to stop being produced April 2014

...I think Windows XP will have their support extended. Simply because most business prefers Windows XP over newer OS. When I set up windows 8.1 and I looked how it works, I don't think most business would like this at all....
XP is a workhorse in the business/industrial world. Corporations don't like making big system changes.

You should be getting automatic weekly updates for windows, you can set it up to do it at a time you're usually sleeping.

Wait. Nevermind. What am I bothering?

:io:
They can also be set to critical updates/security only, manual, or any of several options. Users don't need to be prisoners to their updates.

And yes, upgrading DO cost corporate dearly, not just license but corporation have to pay IT department thousands of man hours to get everything together properly including security and accounts. These IT department is not cheap.

And there is more behind this, downtime COST company money easily even if only one minute can cause company losing hundred thousands of dollars. They can't afford that risk.

XP is a workhorse in the business/industrial world. Corporations don't like making big system changes.

I'm out. Not listening to this s*** without breaking something.

Why are you upset? You sounds like me when I was 17-18 years old.

Cheapest Mac will be Mac Mini - $600.

If you want cheaper laptop with excellent security protection - get a PC laptop and install Ubuntu OS.

Your choice, your way.

Yes, that's true and Walmart still use Windows XP.

I'm out. Not listening to this s*** without breaking something.
Don't let posts get you upset. We've all experienced negative posts at times. It's part of forum life. It isn't worth getting an ulcer or high blood pressure.

They do that eventually to them all. I cant remember what OS I had back in the day but I had one of the best computers I ever had by HP at the time and I had to wipe it, well I couldnt get it to reload correctly as it needed a service pack, well lo and behold they stopped servicing support on that system a month before... I was pissed, they wouldnt do squat about it... oh they did offer to sell me a new OS for hundreds of dollars or I could buy a disk to load... BUY???? Its a free service...WTF? BUY? I was furrious about it too. Well I ended up donating it to a needy kid and I just bought a new system for a few hundred more than the price of a stupid disk. I still buy HP products since Ive never really had anything bad from them, but I was pissed about the service pack issue for a long time, thats all i needed... well, now I keep a backup copy of all service packs I download. Never know when youll need it. Now I got a bad cell in my laptop so it wont hold a full charge, hmmm wonder what I can do about a 4yo battery?

Take me back to 1970... Windows? Just licking the ones on the short bus were the only windows I knew of.... then 95 came along, 97, 98, Y2K....XP,Vista,7.... whew!
I hated a few, especially Vista, and I have been on other computers with 8 and hate it too... I just hate change in general, it takes too long to get to know what you already know all over again.

... Now I got a bad cell in my laptop so it wont hold a full charge, hmmm wonder what I can do about a 4yo battery?
You can buy a new battery and properly dispose of the old one. It's not hard to do.

Don't let posts get you upset. We've all experienced negative posts at times. It's part of forum life. It isn't worth getting an ulcer or high blood pressure.

I have cooled off, and back at it. I've also given some time to think about things, and where I stand. Now that I understand what people have been trying to say, I'll try and listen better.

I have cooled off, and back at it. I've also given some time to think about things, and where I stand. Now that I understand what people have been trying to say, I'll try and listen better.

I didn't realize that was you that changed your name and avatar. Glad you came back. With a new name and avatar, it's like having a new fresh start. :) Cool name too.

I didn't realize that was you that changed your name and avatar. Glad you came back. With a new name and avatar, it's like having a new fresh start. :) Cool name too.

It's because I have a bicycle that's exactly the color of Chicago Blue. That's why I chose it. I like it, and it appears you do too?

Yes, it does seem like a fresh start, doesn't it? People were less inclined to recognize who I was, and you are the first one here to realize it is me. The only other person who knew about it was Derek.

It's because I have a bicycle that's exactly the color of Chicago Blue. That's why I chose it. I like it, and it appears you do too?

Yes, it does seem like a fresh start, doesn't it? People were less inclined to recognize who I was, and you are the first one here to realize it is me. The only other person who knew about it was Derek.

The name reminds me of The Blues Brothers from Chicago. Cool movie/music. Yes I like the name.

No, they were the first one to post about it ... but we knew ... many ways to tell but chose not to say anything ... we're deaf not dumb and can pick up on any changes ...

No, they were the first one to post about it ... but we knew ... many ways to tell but chose not to say anything ... we're deaf not dumb and can pick up on any changes ...

I am well aware there are different ways to tell who I am, but I never said anyone was dumb. Like Mew said, many of us are intelligent, and I am aware that I may or may not be easily recognized. I suppose that was a poor choice of words on my part.

Last edited:
I have Window XP crashed in Ontario, Canada about 6 months ago or longer. I gave up my laptop and use my flash drive for a few that could retrieve from some of my websites. Anyway, I am here in Santa Fe. My sister gave me her Window Xp again. I told her about what happen to my laptop in Canada. She said I should try it anyway.

So far it is okay. On Facebook, it was very slow and made me wait until the page was clear up. I think Facebook is control by Microsoft more than here on AD. I have no problem with AD here. But with websites like Facebook, I do have problem with that. Now that I know that April 8, 2014 will stop Window XP. I don't know if I will be able to buy another laptop. Maybe my sister will help me finding the right one with new Window 7 or 8.1.

I don't like changes so much. :(

I use xp,but 7 it's uncool,because have a lots problem for use other program ..day a day!
I hate 7
I like XP

LE: Bebonang..you can use Team Viewer,for installing 7,or webcam with other laptop..but maybe borrow your sister from her friends..if she not have one...

Last edited:
I use xp,but 7 it's uncool,because have a lots problem for use other program ..day a day!
I hate 7
I like XP

LE: Bebonang..you can use Team Viewer,for installing 7,or webcam with other laptop..but maybe borrow your sister from her friends..if she not have one...

I replaced IE 7 with IE 8, and it works smoothly, and so far, no problems. It's free to do, and not a bad option.

I just replaced my Microsoft Security Essentials with a brand-new anti-virus called BitDefender, and it appears to be a good program, and looks to be promising. I hope that after April 8th, this laptop will still be running.

Last edited:
Good,but Bitdefender "eat" a lot memory of ram,so it's very slow your computer...
You can try Nod32,if you want...it's not bad idea :)

Back