Votes: 5 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • In Future not now

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Never

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
Yes I know. I forgot to mention that I will buy another stick of 512MB next month, since I'm holding my money for this month after buying computer parts. Perhaps I will buy 2 more sticks of memory but I'm going cheap here so thanks.

I'm STRONGLY agree with Sequioas and Boult then my next computer will be Mac.

MS lost my respect and spend all money on new computer, also made stupid feature like flip on Aero and not work with iTune.

Fuck to Windows Vista.

Vista seems to be up to it's task but however I'm not a whiz when it comes to that, yet.

This is Windows Vista: Upgrade Advisor. You'd need to download that and let it scan. It will tell you what you need for your computer before you upgrade your computer to Windows Vista.

Here's the link - Windows Vista: Upgrade Advisor

When I tried the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor, It said that I needed more than 512 MB ram, so yeah I can see why it is a memory hogger. I'm not going to get the Vista right away but someday in the future, I might. Who knows?

The bugs would be fixed in Vista SP1 in the 2nd half of 2007.

I already have Vista Ultimate.

See my siggie.

The bugs would be fixed in Vista SP1 in the 2nd half of 2007.

I already have Vista Ultimate.

See my siggie.

?

I certainly hope you bought the OEM version, not the retail version. The OEM versions are always much, much cheaper.

I rather wait 1 year for Windows Vista. Cuz just like Windows XP first came out. There were tons of problems and lawsuit against M$. Until they finally churn out XP SP2, I finally install it.

Wait for M$ fix the problem with Vista for a year. I'm not in a hurry for Vista anyway. Heard that they didn't actually finished Vista completely and went ahead to place it in market. So sit and wait and shut ur eyes for one year. LOL

Yes I know. I forgot to mention that I will buy another stick of 512MB next month, since I'm holding my money for this month after buying computer parts. Perhaps I will buy 2 more sticks of memory but I'm going cheap here so thanks.

Good! That 512 MB RAM or above 1 GB is better than 512 MB to help more faster than lower. :) But 512 MB is cheaper. but 1 GB and 2 GB RAM is kind of expensive. It about 100 to 150 dollars. :afro:

Vista seems to be up to it's task but however I'm not a whiz when it comes to that, yet.

This is Windows Vista: Upgrade Advisor. You'd need to download that and let it scan. It will tell you what you need for your computer before you upgrade your computer to Windows Vista.

Here's the link - Windows Vista: Upgrade Advisor

When I tried the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor, It said that I needed more than 512 MB ram, so yeah I can see why it is a memory hogger. I'm not going to get the Vista right away but someday in the future, I might. Who knows?

Thank you! This is very important that they have to make sure everything goes well on hardware. :) I'm proud of you! :D My hardware was great and there was no problem at all. But I download for A05 change to A11 for BIOS fix it! I success it! But problem! I had an AutoCAD 2007 progam. It won't let use Window Vista. :(

I certainly hope you bought the OEM version, not the retail version. The OEM versions are always much, much cheaper.

Heh, better be.. Many people don't realize about OEM.. It's pretty much same as Retails.

Full version:
Windows Vista Ultimate Retail - $399.99
Windows Vista Ultimate OEM - $199.99

Wow, big different.. :rofl:

Good! That 512 MB RAM or above 1 GB is better than 512 MB to help more faster than lower. :) But 512 MB is cheaper. but 1 GB and 2 GB RAM is kind of expensive. It about 100 to 150 dollars. :afro:

For Good to performance on your computer with Windows Vista. System Memory : 512MB RAM, Graphics Memory : Integrated or discrete, Processor modern processor (>800MHz) , Hard Drive >15GB free (recommended), Window Vista Aero Experience : None, Great for... Booting the Operating System, without running applications or games.

For Better Performance: 1GB RAM, 128 MB Graphics Card (integrated or discrete), Processor :1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64), 40GB capacity, >15GB free, Aero enabled as a default, but performance may be compromised as more windows, applications and games are opened. Great for Multitasking (e-mail, basic photo editing, basic video editing, music, spreadsheets, browsing, and other applications) The experience is only assured in single monitor mode. Dual monitor is supported, but may affect the aero premium experience.

Best Performance: 2GB Dual Channel, 256MB Graphics Card, Dual-Core, Hard drive, over 50 GB with 7200 RPM. Can enhance Aero experience and system performance. Multi-tasking with power-hungry applications (large spreadsheets, advanced video and photo editing, HD viewing and recording) Dual Monitor Usage.

For Good to performance on your computer with Windows Vista. System Memory : 512MB RAM, Graphics Memory : Integrated or discrete, Processor modern processor (>800MHz) , Hard Drive >15GB free (recommended), Window Vista Aero Experience : None, Great for... Booting the Operating System, without running applications or games.

For Better Performance: 1GB RAM, 128 MB Graphics Card (integrated or discrete), Processor :1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64), 40GB capacity, >15GB free, Aero enabled as a default, but performance may be compromised as more windows, applications and games are opened. Great for Multitasking (e-mail, basic photo editing, basic video editing, music, spreadsheets, browsing, and other applications) The experience is only assured in single monitor mode. Dual monitor is supported, but may affect the aero premium experience.

Best Performance: 2GB Dual Channel, 256MB Graphics Card, Dual-Core, Hard drive, over 50 GB with 7200 RPM. Can enhance Aero experience and system performance. Multi-tasking with power-hungry applications (large spreadsheets, advanced video and photo editing, HD viewing and recording) Dual Monitor Usage.

Excuse me for repeating. I did not ask for it! LOL!

Last edited:
linux user here for my pc and windows on laptop will soon change to linux as its gonna be a hoggie piggie and i dont need headaches!

Second! Javapride!,

I agree that Linux should be the one to use. Windows hogs lot of memory and processing speed. Why must we spend, spend, spend for upgrade. Now Windows Vista demands 1GB memory and 128mb or higher graphic card ect. What more do we want!!

Wonder the next 4 year, I bet that Windows will demand 10GB DDR10 4 THz (tera hertz) memory, 4 GB video memory and Quad core Modular processors or more and 10 TeraBit hard drive just to run new Windows "HogSnort"? And CPU still runs slow on it. Huh!? What are M$ are trying to do. If CPU like I mention recently use on Linux, It would runs like faaaasstt supercomputer. LOL.

I remember I had old Packad Bell 166mhz system (Overclocked to 200mhz). I swapped mobo to Asus board with modified CPU case rear to allow PCI slot line up with board's PCIs. It had AMD 233mhz processor and 3Fx VooDoo 3000 16mb graphic card and 32mb EDO memory. It boots up and ran Windows ME soo fasst!! (I tweaked Win ME tho) It is equavalent to today's system with 3.6ghz Intel processor with 4 GB DDR Dual Channel, 10K rpm hard drive, Tweaked up Win XP.

I started to wonder why older system seem faster than today's CPU LOL. If I ever had a chance to hack Windows XP or Vista's internal software clock (tweak code to make it run at double or triple speed in one hardware clock tick?), Would it make it run fast w/o OCk'd processor LOL I'm sure there are ways to do it but you probably see Window's left bottom corner clock will churn faster than your clock on wall. Silly idea tho. possible!? Let me know.

I normally put my laptop on hibernate mode often so it'll boot right up to desktop fast than booting up from power on.

It seem waste of money trying to keep up Windows. Right now many processors are at maximum limit due to heat issue. I heard about Modular processors and MRAM (Magnetic Random Access Memory) are coming up the next few year. That would means at Store, we won't be seeing "1.8ghz AMD 64, 160Gb HDD, 1GB DDR". It would be "5Ghz Modular core, 400Gb MRAM" at the store. No hard drive huh!! Why! Because MRAM stores like flash memory. If you turn off your CPU, It will store what you left off. When you turn back on, It will be a flash to desktop and left the way you left off. NO moving parts!! perhap just fan to keep cool and CPU case will be size of your palm. Laptop like this will have very long battery life (screen will be like a paper thin OLED display). Maybe use 6 AA battery enuf to last all day LOL.

Last of all, Windows Vista will use any availible memory like flash drive that you have on ur USB to use as a virtual drive!!. neat.

Good Luck
Catty

I have no idea if I heard a new future CPU or more else. I don't know. I find out. :)

I have no idea if I heard a new future CPU or more else. I don't know. I find out. :)

Saw that on Discovery Channel "How Magnet are made". On ending of the show. They show how MRAM works. It's a promising technology and mentioned that it'll be at store the next 4 to 6 years. Wait and see. Go and do Google search. Same goes for Modular Processor. PS3 already have modular processor. So you'll be suprised that it'll change drasically. Check out OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode). they already developed roll up monitor or paper thin TV screen (it can be printed out from special inkjet to create OLED screen!!). Check that google search too!! You'll drool!!!
Lot of neat technologies.:eek3:

Good Luck!!
Catty

Back