Windows 7 official pricing announced

M$ will enjoy collect your money when you buy windows 7 this Fall!:ty:

What about Linux? Linux is freedom! Linux follows the Free Software philosophy and hence gives its users the Freedom to modify, copy and share Linux.:D

Anyone plan to buy Windows 7 this Fall? :shock:

I do, I will buying Windows 7 Full Version when it come out. :cool2:

Linux has changed alot and much much better! I love Kubuntu 9.0, it is almost as good as windows! Alot easier now. And soon or later it will be alot easier than Micor$oft windows!

Linux is very limited software for business. It's pointless.
I bet your business won't work with Linux.
:D

I read internet and windows 7's FAQ did not upgrade XP to 7 !!!! I am no idea

Nobody beats Linux

linux-logo.jpg

:rockon::thumb::wiggle::monkey::wave:

Linux Rocks! I agree that Ubuntu 9.04 are so much better. Now that it can use Bluetooth for my BB Modem!! I'd admit that it was better and quicker to connect than Doz!

Catty

I know it's nothing new that M$ still charging $$$ on Doz 7. See if it can withstand Worms, Trojan, and Virus. I bet Hackers are lining up to trash Doz 7

Catty

Many new netbook and Atom use XP, they can't upgrade to Windows7!!

Go read my first post again.

Microsoft just laid out the Windows 7 pricing grid for us, and here's the big takeaway: Vista and XP users will need to pony up $119.99, $199.99, or $219.99 on October 22 to score their Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate upgrade, and those of you who want a full retail disc will need to roll up with $199.99, $299.99, or $319.99 respectively. It's not quite that simple, though: starting tomorrow, June 26, you'll be able to pre-order upgrades at much cheaper prices -- $49.99 for Home Premium and $99.99 for Professional, just as we'd heard -- but pre-orders will be strictly limited in number and are expected to sell out quickly. Obviously we'd prefer it if final pricing was $49 and $99 for everyone, but it's not a bad start, especially since participating manufacturers will be offering cheap / free upgrades to 7 on new computers sold after tomorrow with Vista as well.

Oh, and don't you worry about scoring a place in line, because we're here to help: later today we'll be giving away 100 codes that guarantee a pre-order spot at the discounted prices, and you'll be able to share the code with two friends. You'll have to act fast, though -- the codes will only be valid for 48 hours. Keep your eyes peeled for our recession antidote post around noon EST, and get your clicky-fingers ready.

Update: Looks lke we've got our first participating manufacturer -- HP machines sold after tomorrow will receive free upgrades to 7, and we're hearing Sony will announce a similar offer soon. We'll be keeping a full list of announcements as the day goes on, check back later for more.

Thats myth!

Linux and Unix use by plenty of business, much more than you realize!

Most business prefer Linux or Unix because of cost, the M$, if want set up M$ ICS server, the license cost easily over $1,600 just for one machine alone! While Linux cost zero.

Since Linux and Unix is open source, meaning you CAN re-write the source, you can turn this OS to anything you want. Once the source is re-written, most virus programs can not attack the computer.

Plus Linux is now getting much friendlier, have you seen Kubuntu 9.0 yet? It blew my head already.

Linux is very limited software for business. It's pointless.
I bet your business won't work with Linux.
:D

Thats myth!

Just admit it, Only you can use IE for VPN client thru your job.

Linux and Unix use by plenty of business, much more than you realize!

Most business prefer Linux or Unix because of cost, the M$, if want set up M$ ICS server, the license cost easily over $1,600 just for one machine alone! While Linux cost zero.

Since Linux and Unix is open source, meaning you CAN re-write the source, you can turn this OS to anything you want. Once the source is re-written, most virus programs can not attack the computer.

Plus Linux is now getting much friendlier, have you seen Kubuntu 9.0 yet? It blew my head already.

No. Too many business use M$ like outlook weba access, SQL, Visual studio, office, etc..

I see Windows almost anywhere for business and they don't really mind about cost. It's about microsoft efficiency. Also too many VPN client only work for IE.

It not easy as you think. Business hired programmer for linux is very expensive to do that. So pick M$ software without hired programmer and less headache.

Also I noticed Windows and OSX already have mobile as modem in 3-5 years ago and Linux finally have one this year. It's kind slow for everything.

GIMPshop is fucking confused and gave me headache because it's free and for linux only. So I am happy with Photoshop due easy to understand and friendly but expensive for Windows and OSX.

Apple has not raised or changed prices for Mac OS X upgrades/full retail since it first came out...10.6 (Snow Leopard) is still the same price $129 flat for Intel Mac that supports it and even added upgrade price for $29.99 for existing 10.5 users. :) Microsoft is getting greedier....sad!

Apple has not raised or changed prices for Mac OS X upgrades/full retail since it first came out...10.6 (Snow Leopard) is still the same price $129 flat for Intel Mac that supports it and even added upgrade price for $29.99 for existing 10.5 users. :) Microsoft is getting greedier....sad!

Full retail price set will be $169.99, including iLife 09, iWork 09 and Snow Leopard.
MacDailyNews - Apple's Mac OS X Snow Leopard to offer more reliable disk ejection

I don't see any $130 as option.

That's INCLUDING Ilife 09, iwork 09. It's still $129 for full retail, period. They also have upgrade price for $29, just like I said. I saw it at the announcement.

I don't see any $130 for Snow Leopard in this link, please provide any other link.

Please don't shout at me.

I don't see any $130 for Snow Leopard in this link, please provide any other link.

Please don't shout at me.

Well, most sites say it's $29 for the upgrade price....so I guess they focus mostly on that because the regular retail of $130 is not really needed due that the upgrade is for Intel Macs which mostly all have OS X 10.5 or maybe 10.4 on older ones.

Well, most sites say it's $29 for the upgrade price....so I guess they focus mostly on that because the regular retail of $130 is not really needed due that the upgrade is for Intel Macs which mostly all have OS X 10.5 or maybe 10.4 on older ones.

Oh ok, I have feel that upgrade software seems not enough for me because if I need re-format and reinstall then I would have do 2 OS and took alot of time, 1 for Mac OS X Leopard and 1 for Snow Leopard, just like Windows XP (OEM or full retail) and Vista upgrade software.

I'm personally prefer OEM or full retail version for both of Windows and Mac, in cases because of security threat on Windows and mysterious bugs or corrupted file issue on Mac, such as DVD player got freeze so often and became more crash then I had do clean install and problem solved but haven't test on DVD player yet.

Oh ok, I have feel that upgrade software seems not enough for me because if I need re-format and reinstall then I would have do 2 OS and took alot of time, 1 for Mac OS X Leopard and 1 for Snow Leopard, just like Windows XP (OEM or full retail) and Vista upgrade software.

I'm personally prefer OEM or full retail version for both of Windows and Mac, in cases because of security threat on Windows and mysterious bugs or corrupted file issue on Mac, such as DVD player got freeze so often and became more crash then I had do clean install and problem solved but haven't test on DVD player yet.

I never format my Mac and it running fine.

I have never formatted this eMac since I bought it...I just upgraded to 10.5 and haven't formatted it since. :) I also haven't even formatted the iMac Intel until it got stolen. My old G4 which I gave to my ex still haven't been formatted for over 3 or 4 years and still runs fine.

I also never format my HD for a long time. Unless your OS shows up some problems, then you might consider to format it at once so that your OS will be clean and run it like a tiger in the snow. ;)

My desktop G5 does not have Intel so I am stuck. I still do not have a problem with my OS 10.4.11 - without its Intel. Oh well!

Back