Windows 7 gets installed on MacBook Pro

ah-ha... Now I know what you're talking about, RHR. here - HP does sell 22" and 25.5" touchscreen all-in-one computer.

HP TouchSmart IQ800t series

I played with it at Microcenter in Overland Park, KS. It's really neat. It's a kid magnet. My kids love it and almost refused to leave their seat. It's nice and I told my wife that best wait few years that touch screen desktop pc would be ready for Windoz 7. The only issue is that kids have sticky and oily fingers that they had for their snack and smears up the screen. Better have Windex and soft cloth ready stand by when you are using it. :rofl:

Catty

I played with it at Microcenter in Overland Park, KS. It's really neat. It's a kid magnet. My kids love it and almost refused to leave their seat. It's nice and I told my wife that best wait few years that touch screen desktop pc would be ready for Windoz 7. The only issue is that kids have sticky and oily fingers that they had for their snack and smears up the screen. Better have Windex and soft cloth ready stand by when you are using it. :rofl:

Catty

:laugh2: gotta love kids wrecking everything. I played with it at Staples and it was fun.

:laugh2: gotta love kids wrecking everything. I played with it at Staples and it was fun.

I sure hope they make glass thicker and bullet proof cuz I got an idea what it'll look like from Wii accidents :rofl:

http://www.alldeaf.com/computers-electronics-gaming/60846-wii-accident.html

U know kids sometime can bang on the screen under certain game.

I would go :eek3::jaw::pissed:

My 8 yr old son broke the wireless keyboard stand. Cuz he threw a tantrum over game that he played against my 12 yr old son who was playing same game on 2nd system online. (Pirate of the Carribean and Nickedon Fusion where player meets and play) I went :pissed: and told him not to slam the keyboard, I need those stand to raise the keyboard!! So in a revenge, I took their little square lego blocks from their "Star War" theme Lego and glued under the keyboard as a stand!! Now, just had a "new" wireless keyboard from my sister who didn't want it. Now, both have "matching" sets for basement systems. Here's pix below :lol:

So that's my concerns, kids throw tantrum and smash the touch screen. :crazy:
Catty

Last edited:
I had found from some people who had install Windows with 512 MB RAM and it run so great than Vista.

You might be tired of XP, but can your computer handle Windows 7? Probably!

Here are the minimum requirements:
• 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor
• 1 GB of system memory
• 16 GB of available disk space
• Support for DirectX 9 graphics with 128 MB memory (to enable the Aero theme)
• DVD-R/W Drive (actually not necessary)

Windows 7: How to Get, Install and Play With Windows 7, Pain Free

It seems like it is the same structure as XP, to Windows 7....that's great!

I just installed Windows Vista Home Preminuim into AMD64 system. I was using VMware to install Vista. It's not mine, it's my friend so I just want to play around a bit to get familiiar with it.

Glad that Windoz 7 is compatible with both of my basment systems!! My lappy is Vista and Windoz 7 Ready so I just upgrade or order Acer's Windoz CD for Acer Aspire 5040

Catty

I played with Windows 7 beta in Virtualbox but I want to see how much fast it run under full system so I ordered new SATA 500 gb hdd for Windows 7 beta and SATA DVD RW drive (to replace IDE DVD RW drive). I can have them in Saturday or next week.
Im not sure if I can install Windows 7 beta 32 bit on old HP pavilian ze5400 to replace ubuntu 8.10. I want it to have internet via wireless again.

Someone told me that Windows 7 is basically a Vista with few updates, he tried it out on his Macbook.

Prehaps, it would be just the interface similar to Vista but the OS is similar to XP

Someone told me that Windows 7 is basically a Vista with few updates, he tried it out on his Macbook.

Perhaps. MS Paint just got overhaul and other useful stuff. Like shuffle the Wallpapers... Cool? And unlike past versions, it will install without 'bloated' or useless programs. You can download them if you really need them.

Yeah it looks kinda like XP and Vista in a mix with a Mac OS X dock. LOL

Yeah it looks kinda like XP and Vista in a mix with a Mac OS X dock. LOL

Got this from torrent. Took me about a day! Whew!

Then I installed this (Windows 7) last month and turn out pretty neat! Yup, it is about the same as Vista for the first time. But more stable and flexibility...which is nice. It'll be much better after the real release. Can't wait!

I played with Windows 7 beta in Virtualbox but I want to see how much fast it run under full system so I ordered new SATA 500 gb hdd for Windows 7 beta and SATA DVD RW drive (to replace IDE DVD RW drive). I can have them in Saturday or next week.
Im not sure if I can install Windows 7 beta 32 bit on old HP pavilian ze5400 to replace ubuntu 8.10. I want it to have internet via wireless again.

Try geting 2nd hdd to install Windows 7! That's what I did swapping hdd so I can run different OS. My Althon system have 2 hdd, I swaps them between XP and Ubuntu. Save tons of time reformat and installing.

My AMD64 now have XP with Vista Home Preminuim inside of VMware 6 :lol: I was doing it for fun.

Catty

It seem that Linux running on Compiz (any flavors of Linux) have copied some features on Vista. Like shuffling, transparency ect. Vista have few features while Linux's Compiz have loads of eyecandy that turn Vista into shame!! I prefer Compiz eyecandy than Vista simple shuffle. Even Window running on Emerald theme can allow you to roll up and down like blind with mouse double click on window bar or scroll up and down mouse wheel while pointer on top of bar.

Catty

Try geting 2nd hdd to install Windows 7! That's what I did swapping hdd so I can run different OS. My Althon system have 2 hdd, I swaps them between XP and Ubuntu. Save tons of time reformat and installing.

My AMD64 now have XP with Vista Home Preminuim inside of VMware 6 :lol: I was doing it for fun.

Catty

Yeah...2nd HDD is always the peace of mind as long it isn't failed by itself.

I love vmware, I put some of the server edition in couple of boxes at my work. Very time efficient!

Back