wind storms, power outages, rain in ohio

I've been thinking about using my car as a charger too.. And i was a little bit nervous about it because i use my car a lot to listen to music and i have been trying not to use it a lot. Plus i got a new phone case called mophie that charges your iPhone for about 8 hours. it looks like this: http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/images/4/2012/01/64231e2a77dfe068430fb9f5f685e953.jpg

its pretty handy when a time like this happens!
Cute!

I'm in Cincinnati. The storm tore one of our wisterias off the side of the house :( but we never lost power. Seems like you guys got it way worse in Dayton.

I'm in Cincinnati. The storm tore one of our wisterias off the side of the house :( but we never lost power. Seems like you guys got it way worse in Dayton.

Pretty much, one of my friends posted a picture on Facebook that a tree was blocking their front door entrance in their house so they have to go in the back yard to get out to the front. I don't know how much damange they have though! and another reported that their tree was broken in half and went on top of somebody's car. which is pretty bad. A friend of mine just texted me saying that his family's basketball hoop went on top of his car and dented the roof. I hope its not too bad! because he's suppose to be picking me up on saturday since we are going to be going to camp together as a summer counselor for our local deaf club.

We still have some stuff to clean up on the roads in dayton. My parents said that it wasn't that bad today like it was yesterday but still some broken tree branches to be clean.

Pretty much, one of my friends posted a picture on Facebook that a tree was blocking their front door entrance in their house so they have to go in the back yard to get out to the front. I don't know how much damange they have though! and another reported that their tree was broken in half and went on top of somebody's car. which is pretty bad. A friend of mine just texted me saying that his family's basketball hoop went on top of his car and dented the roof. I hope its not too bad! because he's suppose to be picking me up on saturday since we are going to be going to camp together as a summer counselor for our local deaf club.

We still have some stuff to clean up on the roads in dayton. My parents said that it wasn't that bad today like it was yesterday but still some broken tree branches to be clean.
I actually passed a tree that had broken and crushed the bed of a parked truck yesterday! Pretty crazy, our storm only lasted about 20 minutes and caused a good deal of damage.

I actually passed a tree that had broken and crushed the bed of a parked truck yesterday! Pretty crazy, our storm only lasted about 20 minutes and caused a good deal of damage.

This storm reminded me of the wind storm that we had in '09 in the summer, but we had no power for almost 3-4 days that year! not as bad as this one. My neighborhood are usually the last ones to get power. But we got our power back at 6AM this morning so that was pretty much unexpected, but i'm glad we got our power back, i could not sleep at all last night due to the house being so hot. Luckily we had running water, so i was able to get myself a cold washcloth and rub it on my legs and my arms to try and keep me cool as much as possible.

This storm reminded me of the wind storm that we had in '09 in the summer, but we had no power for almost 3-4 days that year! not as bad as this one. My neighborhood are usually the last ones to get power. But we got our power back at 6AM this morning so that was pretty much unexpected, but i'm glad we got our power back, i could not sleep at all last night due to the house being so hot. Luckily we had running water, so i was able to get myself a cold washcloth and rub it on my legs and my arms to try and keep me cool as much as possible.

You are probably talking about Hurricane Ike being pushed across Ohio in September of 2008.. didnt have electricity for six days

Franklin county,Delaware county and Licking County where I live were hit the hardest by derecho in state of Ohio. It was super crazy..didnt have power for six days. I saw a lot of Alabama utility trucks in my town. A large tree downed wires right by the creek. They did a lot of work in one day. I took my matress to the basement. :lol: Two trees were down across road where my address is. I have a lot of heavy branches down in my yard. A guy was paralyzed after being hit by a tree branch while cleanin up the mess right after the storm in his yard. He suffered severe spinal injury. I actually thought it was a bad tornado..was scared enough to go to the basement. Global warming is gettin worse..smh

cold and wet in suffolk uk...i told it miserable in london aswel

You are probably talking about Hurricane Ike being pushed across Ohio in September of 2008.. didnt have electricity for six days

Franklin county,Delaware county and Licking County where I live were hit the hardest by derecho in state of Ohio. It was super crazy..didnt have power for six days. I saw a lot of Alabama utility trucks in my town. A large tree downed wires right by the creek. They did a lot of work in one day. I took my matress to the basement. :lol: Two trees were down across road where my address is. I have a lot of heavy branches down in my yard. A guy was paralyzed after being hit by a tree branch while cleanin up the mess right after the storm in his yard. He suffered severe spinal injury. I actually thought it was a bad tornado..was scared enough to go to the basement. Global warming is gettin worse..smh

Ah! i feel sorry for the guy who got a serious injury. :/ thats not good. is he still in the hospital?

I blame global warming too. But i think we all have something to do with it.

Ah! i feel sorry for the guy who got a serious injury. :/ thats not good. is he still in the hospital?

I blame global warming too. But i think we all have something to do with it.

Im sure the guy is still in the hospital. His son said his father is having hard time dealin with his diagnose. He heard the branch was fallin and tried to run. It was too late. :aw: Hit back of his head and landed on his back.

Im sure the guy is still in the hospital. His son said his father is having hard time dealin with his diagnose. He heard the branch was fallin and tried to run. It was too late. :aw: Hit back of his head and landed on his back.

ouch!! why didn't he stay inside the house if he knew the storm was coming?

I blame global warming... My sister has been going to the pool a lot since summer has started. The weather in the beginning of the summer break, it was very cool, not too hot or too cold, it was just right, then up until this past week it was in the 80s and gradually went up into the 90s and then finally hit the 100s on thursday. I've been driving around my area all day and i brought a ice-cold water bottle with me to keep hydrated. Friday was still pretty hot, and I was driving my sister and her friend to a pool in kettering and brought them back home before the storm hit us last night. We were really lucky last night before the storm hit us so i can bring my sister and her friend home!

Actually, it had to do with a blocking high pressure system that causes these widespread heat waves. It is a common occurrence in the United States.
ATMOSPHERIC BLOCKING

Actually, it had to do with a blocking high pressure system that causes these widespread heat waves. It is a common occurrence in the United States.
ATMOSPHERIC BLOCKING

I think I'll leave it to real scientists to do some explaining. no offense but you're just a waterboy. :lol:

something certainly happening to our weather in uk we seem to lost our summers it wet and cold everyday rain downpour been floodings we on yellow alert at the moment in my town...last year i took part in international thing looking at solor winds and sun spots as i understand the sun is experiecing this and they want be ready incase electric is knosked out on earth so make you wonder

I live in Columbus, OH and we got hit badly too. I was -driving- at the time it first hit -eyeroll-... trees were breaking all around me. It was insane. Cars were swaying back and forth. I got home and looked like I had taken a full blown shower by the time I got inside. Trees all over the neighborhood were knocked down. Power was out for three days. Some people had no power for almost two weeks.. some still don't.

We had a black out here in dayton, OH last night due to a wind storm that was about 65 mph. It was bad timing for us this week! we had temperatures that went up to the 90s and this past thursday we had a temperature of a 102 degrees! So last night the house was hot and I couldn't sleep very well and was praying for the electricity to come back on so we can have air conditioning. The storm happened around 4:30-5:00pm yesterday, and the power went out 10 minutes before 5. The street lights were out and most of our neighborhood power was out as well. One of my friends reported that their tree broke in half and went on somebody's car :shock: I hope some people out there are okay! my mom had to be stuck at work because of the storm and my dad had been texting my mom and calling her to give her updates. The storm ended around 5:30ish. So after the power went out, we went looking for battery-operated lights, and my dad went to find food since we can't open the refrigerator due to the storm. My mom, unfortunately was stuck in traffic, she witnessed a couple of car accidents, people should know to be careful while driving, especially after the storm. My mom didn't get home until maybe about 7 in the evening.

I've been using my macbook as a phone charger since the mac has about 4-5 hours of power. I have a second laptop too, which lasts about 3 hours so i'm charging my 2nd laptop right now just in case the power goes out again! I'm keeping my macbook plugged in just in case anything happens. Because one of my friends said that they got their power back, and then lost it again this early afternoon. *facepalms* I'm hoping we don't lose our power, but if we do, i'll be glad that I charged in my laptops! We still have broken tree branches on the roads and other debris. I hope everybody here in dayton is okay!!

did any of you guys had the wind storm or a tropical storm?

I don't live in Ohio, but storms of any kind can be scary. I live in Texas and periodically in the winter, there can be ice storms! Did you know there are portable chargers? For example, if you go to this website, you can order a powerful, yet small charger for your phone, iPad, and so on.

The best iphone external battery, ipad external battery and ipad battery pack online ! | NewTrent.com

As for searching food, it is imperative that one has a good stock of nonperishable foods in an event of a storm! :)

Back