Will they ever cap the oil well?

Beowulf

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nawwww. :mad:

No, as long as BP is in the news, this is free publicity for them to look like they are trying to do good, when really they know it is just a show. The general public is catching on or already has caught on. Shame on BP. :mad:

I think they rather do the permanent cap and never use the oil again....start looking for alternatives.

They will fix it, I found out that the same thing had happened back in 1979 which is still worst oil leak in history. Took them a year to cap the well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEQhLtnX7h0]YouTube - Frozen oil on the Containment cap[/ame]

I read it somewhere, oil well is 2 MILES down in murky water so it's really hard to do the job. and I don't think we should blame anyone for this accident. I mean BP, Obama or tourists didn't started the leak. I'm thinking about how different it would be if animals (wildlife) could speak. makes me mad/sad. :( but really glad to see volunteers are helping out and washing all birds, creatures, especially pelicans as much as they can. poor poor them.

I'm going to do a photo shooting related to this soon, inspired by this news. will be a little different though from those.

Suburban Journals | News | NEW: Photographer publicizes oil spill with syrup-streaked models

I read it somewhere, oil well is 2 MILES down in murky water so it's really hard to do the job. and I don't think we should blame anyone for this accident. I mean BP, Obama or tourists didn't started the leak. I'm thinking about how different it would be if animals (wildlife) could speak. makes me mad/sad. :( but really glad to see volunteers are helping out and washing all birds, creatures, especially pelicans as much as they can. poor poor them.

I'm going to do a photo shooting related to this soon, inspired by this news. will be a little different though from those.

Suburban Journals | News | NEW: Photographer publicizes oil spill with syrup-streaked models
First, its 5000 feet down, last i checked that is under a mile, not two.

Second: There were safety precautions that BP ignored before the explosion, so in a way they did cause the leak.

The engineer that chose to ignore the negative pressure tests and drill anyway was at fault.

Not Obama. Not CEO of BP.

Plant an atomic bomb underwater but drilled in underground and blow up the undersea soils and the soils will collapse and cover the oil leak and it'll be sealed permanently forever...:hmm: sounds like a dumb idea.

Plant an atomic bomb underwater but drilled in underground and blow up the undersea soils and the soils will collapse and cover the oil leak and it'll be sealed permanently forever...:hmm: sounds like a dumb idea.

Does sound dumb but I read something on it, suppose to get hot enough to melt rock and everything around and seal it off no idea if it would work or not. Could have the opposite affect and make the leak bigger??? :hmm:

Does sound dumb but I read something on it, suppose to get hot enough to melt rock and everything around and seal it off no idea if it would work or not. Could have the opposite affect and make the leak bigger??? :hmm:

Yeah, that's the tricky part...not knowing what will really happen.

If was NOT an accident! BP failed to run a tests to made sure the rig was safe to use. And BP did not have a part of the rig installed as they did not want to wait 10 more hours to start drilling for oil. BP was trying to save money in making the rig and is cost 11 men their lives and is nowing killing wildlifes and peope can no longer fish to made a living. This oil disaster was all about greed and money. I wish people would stop calling it an accident.

it was an accident done on purpose.

I would buy that , it was done on purpose , but then if that was the case you could not call it an accident. As it would had been planned intentionality. I did not say that right ,I meant I could see
it being done on purpose by the governent so they could say we need to build more nuke plants .
But I still will not call it an accident , not what I been hearing on the news . One of wife that lost her husband when the rig blew up said her husband was worried about working in the rig as it had a leak and it was never fixed , the valve was only shut off by BP. The guy tried to warm BP something was wrong with the press and nothing was done about it. He was killed in the blast , so he can't talk now.

Last edited:
If that's so, why was it done intentionally?

to test the law and observe how the scenario unfolds to see if their extremely lucrative scheme would work or not. or to destroy the federally-protected ecosystems so that they can drill baby drill more

Actually that tactic been used before on other oil wells.

My family discussed this before... Government will not allow it, due to a nuclear treaty being signed not long ago. Can not use a nuclear bomb.

to test the law and observe how the scenario unfolds to see if their extremely lucrative scheme would work or not. or to destroy the federally-protected ecosystems so that they can drill baby drill more

It's tinfoil hat time! :lol:
But seriously, I think it is worse than that. Oh well.

accident: meaning they were dumb enough to not do the tests and drill more. not intentionally to kill 11 men. "alright guys, drill more! that should kill 11, maybe 12, hopefully not 4. ooh boy! we'll be rich really soon buwahaha!" -- that. I'm sure if they knew the explosive was going to happen, they would NOT have proceed as they would lose money.

just my theory. stupidity = accident.

Back