Will Gallaudet close?

I worked in a turkey processing plant in my hometown for two summers back in the early 60's and there was a USDA guy there every day.
:ty: That's good to know.

By USDA, yes. By OSHA, no.

The slaughter/processing has to be inspected by USDA to ensure safe-handling practices, sanitary conditions, and regular testing of product for salmonella, etc. Many times the company will also back this up with a HACCP program as well as a QA (Quality Assurance) program. The state of Arkansas also has a USDA Grader program which functions at the state level, they deal primarily with further processing and the finished product where USDA-FSIS is concerned with slaughter, pre-processing, and safe handling to prevent contamination.

The plant is inspected for unsanitary conditions and the product is inspected for diseases that could be communicable by eating/handling contaminated product.

I noticed everyone fear of OSHA when they visited to Tyson and I heard few of employees got fired each time OSHA visited. Everyone called OSHA as Nazi. I used work Tyson beef as job temporary and it is WORSE JOB EVER I HAD till I found better job then I quitted. It's good salary for starter but no benefits for three months after hired. I believe Tyson chicken is more easy job than Tyson beef.

I noticed everyone fear of OSHA when they visited to Tyson and I heard few of employees got fired each time OSHA visited. Everyone called OSHA as Nazi. I used work Tyson beef as job temporary and it is WORSE JOB EVER I HAD till I found better job then I quitted. It's good salary for starter but no benefits for three months after hired. I believe Tyson chicken is more easy job than Tyson beef.

Yes red meat (beef) is more strenuous that poultry as you are dealing with a 500-1,000+ pound animal. Also the USDA inspection process is different in red meat than in poultry. There are more stringent requirements for red meat than poultry from what I am told by the USDA-FSIS.

Tyson isn't a good company to work for really. I have this odd feeling that they will be the next fiscal failure if they don't get their finances in order and start treating their employees better. I know this from firsthand information as a recent former employee. Tyson Dardanelle isn't doing too hot fiscally and the Tyson facility in Heavener, OK has shut down one shift in an attempt to save money while the Execs continue to get ridiculous annual compensation packages of 2.8 million or more.

It seems like government shutdown is looming right now and it will start on April 8 if US congress doesn't pass the budget bill.

Gallaudet University will open but they could lose the federal funding as their tuition will be skyrocketing and state VR will have no federal funding at all, same goes with Pell Grant and federal loan, that's just my theory.

I'm worried about government shutdown and I will be student at Gally in this fall.

It seems like government shutdown is looming right now and it will start on April 8 if US congress doesn't pass the budget bill.

Gallaudet University will open but they could lose the federal funding as their tuition will be skyrocketing and state VR will have no federal funding at all, same goes with Pell Grant and federal loan, that's just my theory.

I'm worried about government shutdown and I will be student at Gally in this fall.

Dammit! The one year I get my DD on my tax return is the one year the gov't has to fuck up everything to where I can't get financial aid for school!

Gallaudet University is still open so far. No worried! You will be fine. :)

Back