Why - Why the Medical Society constantly pressure on the Parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no need to post the entire study, that would take up unecessary bandwidth. As far as bilingual/bicultural--that specific program according to the paper, doesn't exist. It is simply ASL/English bilingual. I'm not trying to say it doesn't work, I'm only saying that the information that I posted was needed to put the table you posted into context.

You are right. I should have cited the paper again. It was late and I apologise. However, whether I cited the paper or not is really not the debate here. Here is the citation anyways-from jillio's original posting:

Delana, Gentry, & Andrews (2007). The efficacy of ASL/English bilingual education: Considering public schools. American Annals of the Deaf. 152(1). p 73-87

Owen, you will learn here that unless you agree with certain people you have nothing meaningful to say. I bet if you have posted in a certain person favor she would have said wow you are smart or you really know.

What citations, I believe you only listed one? I am not a subscriber to that journal and am attempting to see if I can get a copy of it.

rick48 - You are referring to this? Delana, Gentry, & Andrews (2007). The efficacy of ASL/English bilingual education: Considering public schools. American Annals of the Deaf. 152(1). p 73-87

I can help you out, as you know I am always happy to share. :)

What I meant was that people here were talking about my children without knowing my children. This is what I said. While I understand that you had a difficult it does not mean that my children are. This is what I am saying that each child is different and that each child needs something different.

You really need to get a grip. You and your children are not the center of the universe. In fact, no one on this forum ever mentions your children until you throw them into the middle of every thread. Stop denigrating every one else's experience just because it doesn't fit some pretty little picture that you have in your head.

What I was directly referring to was some of your orginial posts about my children. And no you have no idea what you are talking when you are directly referring your experiences to my children's experiences.

Shel's experience has nothing to do with your children. Me, me, me!:ugh3:

You always try to make it someone else's fault. Take a little personal responsibility, for Gawd's sake!

Good for you and I hope it makes you feel better about yourself. And of course you have never insulted me or what I do for a living. Step back and look at what you have posted about me.

Whatever Jackie. Whatever rocks your boat. I dont care.

What I was directly referring to was some of your orginial posts about my children. And no you have no idea what you are talking when you are directly referring your experiences to my children's experiences.

:confused: I have no idea what u are talking about and I am too tired to even bother trying to figure out where all of this is coming from. All I know is that I shared about my experiences with the oral-only approach and my opinion of it and now it is about your children. Ok whatever u say, jackie.

What I meant was that people here were talking about my children without knowing my children. This is what I said. While I understand that you had a difficult it does not mean that my children are. This is what I am saying that each child is different and that each child needs something different.

You are hearing, and tells us a story about deaf people. It's vast different from a deaf voice. The truth that many parents don't grap, is that other deaf people know the children better than their parents do, and like some of them, you get very defensive when facing the truth about the deaf experience.

And your point is? Since when do you speak for all who are deaf? Your expereince is noted and it differs from others.

How does my experience differs from others???? There are similiar posts like Shel90, Kalista and many others who have problems with oral only education.
If you think you are the head of the horse instead of the rear end, take off the blinders and read those posts.

P.S. If you don't like my part about horses, it is you who gave me the idea about horses in your post #760. I really don't like your remark so I am returning it back to you.

............. Stop denigrating every one else's experience just because it doesn't fit some pretty little picture that you have in your head.

That's great advise!

Do you have anything productive to add, cloggy, or did you just come in to assist your school yard chums in showing us a shining example of juvenile, self centered behavior?

:rofl:

Originally Posted by jillio View Post
............. Stop denigrating every one else's experience just because it doesn't fit some pretty little picture that you have in your head.
That's great advise!
Do you have anything productive to add, cloggy, or did you just come in to assist your school yard chums in showing us a shining example of juvenile, self centered behavior?
You mean.... it wasn't great advise?

...... You are trying to hard to come across as witty. ......
That's your interpretation....
I wasn't trying to be funny. On the contrary... I think you should really listen to yourself...

This is funny
garf03.gif

That's your interpretation....
I wasn't trying to be funny. On the contrary... I think you should really listen to yourself...

I didn't say funny. I said witty. There is a difference.

... Please explain the nuances?

Funny=humorous. Witty=creative and intelligent use of language to imply subtle meanings otherwise not evident. Unique and original thought and insight. Cerebral.

Funny=humorous. Witty=creative and intelligent use of language to imply subtle meanings otherwise not evident. Unique and original thought and insight. Cerebral.
Ah, well, then it WAS witty.. You are just too intelligent!!:laugh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back