why people extend stay at Gally?

The*Empress

Reaction score
Even after they got their degrees... but they still stay at Gally.

Even after they got their Master Degree, they still stay there

Why? To party or to meet people or what?

What is with all the dumb questions?? :ugh3: I agreed with DHB.

How about if you ask them directly? That way you would get the answer from them instead of from other people's opinions that aren't in Gallaudet.

I still don't understand Empresse's basic question. Hope she comes by and clarifies. I refuse to assume I can read minds.

I graduated from Gally with my Master's and got a job away from Gally. My brother got his BA degree and got a job across the country. I havent met anyone who has graduated and stayed at Gallaudet so pls clarify your question, Empress. I am not sure what exactly u mean...people continue their education at Gallaudet after getting their degrees or people just "hanging" out at Gallaudet after graduating and all that?

Well did some students stuck around since entering Gally? maybe went from student to teacher without leaving DC for job outside gally at all you know?

After they graduated at Gallaudet and hard time to find new job, so they working at Gallaudet as recuriter or bs as their temporary job till they find their right job... Look at me, Gallaudet suspened me for acamedically or bs and I decided to work at Gallaudet as SRA (Staff Resident Assistant) since I earned good $$$ than my hometown's (PA) work place, so am staying here and if I work at Gallaudet more than 6 months then I will receive free tution fee, so I dont have to worry abt $$$ or any bs to pay school... Plus I love to dodo in DC better than my home, so I want to stay here...

Gallaudet isn't the only university where its almuni stick around. It's very possible that some people love the campus and the city, choosing to stay close to "home" and rooting themselves. This has happened to quite a few people at my alma mater as well.

This speaks for just few Gallaudet graduates who stays. It stays the same over the years so are the same with other colleges and universities in generally, really.

After all, it's their business, not yours or ours, of course. So why does theEmpress say like that to make a deal out of it? :dunno2:

Biker, I didn't know Gally need a babysitter.

Peachy, I did, I asked Alex (not alldeaf Alex), and he said he is still freshman, he was 38... and been at Gally a looooonnnng time... So finally he graduated with me.

Shel, yeah both... well if they wanna stay and hang out with their friends.... then they should do like me.... get on Alldeaf forum, go places where Deaf people go, chat chat chat online with deaf people.... because it only cost me
$9.99 for AOL.... Better than paying Gallaudet $10,000 a year :eek3:

Boult, I don't know any professors that stay at Gallaudet from student to
teachers... because a lot of my professors got their degrees from other colleges. Most professors there are hearing...

farewell, Gallaudet knows that many deaf people are on SSI.... and
they can't pay good higher salary to Deaf people.... and Vocational
Rehab can't pay people after they graduate. It is a lot easier to get job
at home than to get job at college, because you be too busy trying to
study... and don't have time to go out look for work and if job do
call you, they can't work around your college classes.... You have
to enroll in classes in order to stay at Gallaudet... $5,000 for Tuition
and $5,000 for room and board.... so I say..... people who stay at
Gallaudet for 10 years.... Gallaudet get from you $100,000
So if they stay at home and get job there, then when they get paying job, they would have make $80 a day, $400 a week, $1600 a month, $19,200 a year, $192,000 for 10 years work... and would have gotten a
big pretty house and a brand new car... or lease a BMW sportcar....

But nooooooooooooooo, they wanna stay at Gallaudet and give Jordan
money money money money and more money.

Work 6 month and free tuition fee?????
Well you can use SSI to pay all of your tuition and work at McDonalds during
the summer. :giggle:

me puncture, yeah that is sad.... when I was at Gallaudet, I couldn't wait to hurry up and get my degree and get the hell out of there.... ewwww I hate
the ugly bathroom at Gallaudet... I always thought Gallaudet was a boring boring boring college... I don't go to party no way. Roommates always suck.
If people don't want to stay home, then I assume they aren't happy at home.

web, I make this a big deal because it is really sad to know that some people are still there.

Why do you think stupid? What makes you think "United" means babysitting? Something is wrong with your head, maybe you need to check with your shrink!

Peachy, I did, I asked Alex (not alldeaf Alex), and he said he is still freshman, he was 38... and been at Gally a looooonnnng time... So finally he graduated with me.

Shel, yeah both... well if they wanna stay and hang out with their friends.... then they should do like me.... get on Alldeaf forum, go places where Deaf people go, chat chat chat online with deaf people.... because it only cost me

teachers... because a lot of my professors got their degrees from other colleges. Most professors there are hearing...

So if they stay at home and get job there, then when they get paying job, they would have make $80 a day, $400 a week, $1600 a month, $19,200 a year, $192,000 for 10 years work... and would have gotten a

me puncture, yeah that is sad.... when I was at Gallaudet, I couldn't wait to hurry up and get my degree and get the hell out of there.... ewwww I hate
the ugly bathroom at Gallaudet... I always thought Gallaudet was a boring boring boring college... I don't go to party no way. Roommates always suck.

web, I make this a big deal because it is really sad to know that some people are still there.

Why do you think stupid? What makes you think "United" means babysitting? Something is wrong with your head, maybe you need to check with your shrink!

People who dont have job and hang out at Gallaudet even if they graduated or not are not being "united"...they are being lazy and too scared to break out of their shells. That's called a parastise cuz we, taxpayers, are paying for them to waste our money. Same thing for people who are "career" students and stay at Gallaudet as a student for 10+ years unless they are paying for their education with their own money. If using VR money, then it is the taxpayers that are paying for them to fool around.

Poeple who graduate and get jobs at Gallaudet are considered productive citizens. Doesnt matter if they stay at Gallaudet ...same thing for people who get jobs working with deaf people such as deaf schools, deaf group homes, and so on. I dont blame them cuz communication access is there and no worries about barriers nor oppression.

It is the people who take advantage of taxpayer's money by hanging out at Gally whether as a student or not that need to see a shrink!

Gally is not the only place that have career students....I know NTID have some students who stay there much longer than its required to get AS/AA degree which would take average 2-3 years. There are a few students also stay longer becuz they struggle with english language and cannot graduate without passing all the english language requirements.

Hmm. what about math requirements? I'm good with English but I'm having a hard time with my math requirements.

Gally is not the only place that have career students....I know NTID have some students who stay there much longer than its required to get AS/AA degree which would take average 2-3 years. There are a few students also stay longer becuz they struggle with english language and cannot graduate without passing all the english language requirements.

Maybe I didnt make myself clear...I am talking about the "career" students who dont even try to pass their classes due to partying all the time. I remember meeting one guy like that. I enrolled at Gallaudet in Spring of 2000 and met the guy. He had been a student since 1996 and hasnt declared his major yet. He had excellent English skills and everything but just partied all the time and kept on changing his major. When I graduated in 2002, he still hadnt declared his major yet and was 31 years old still partying with the 18, 19 and 20 year olds. Those are the kind of people I am referring to...go to Gallaudet and just play around and waste the taxpayer's money.

I guess they're afraid to go out in the real world. They say that no one accepts them... and the truth is that they never tried?

Theyre addicted to dependence. Dependency is one of the treasured benchmarks of deaf culture. Thats why they fought tooth and toenail to kick Jane out because she was society's best shot at the independence of the deaf communities.

Richard

Why u has to really worry abt everyone else? U need to worry abt urself!

Back