why not many school for the deaf go ivy league, only go city college?

matajan

Reaction score
I never understand why not many school for the deaf go ivy league, only some go city college to do nothing and not find a new life?

I can't find friend who went to ivy league from school for the deaf?

I never understand why not many school for the deaf go ivy league, only some go city college to do nothing and not find a new life?

That's ok....You have lots of friends here on AD.....What more could you need?

what did I tell you? why did you make another thread? you make us upset.

That's ok.....Maybe we need a new thread. Seriously. Perhaps the jokes in the old threads keep him from going back.

To answer your question... :dunno: But you mention many friends, I would suggest you enjoy the friends you have and accept them for who they are. If your parents don't like your friends tell them to kiss your ass. OR Lie to them and tell them your friends are Ivy League. Your parents are in the Philippines......how will they know.

you didn't get into Ivy League either. why?

wolverine_facepalm.gif

Matajan, question I hope you answer for me: How come students from deaf school don't go to ivy league? Do you know the answer? Because I don't.

actually, I'm curious what you think.

because deaf students obsessed with deaf culture and will repeat every day. Many family and friends will ingore them if they always say deaf culture when you make mistake. Often, deaf students will learn something challenge and explore new experience into hearing world before you get better job and life from ivy league, that's means you do not need go to gallaudet if you already value from deaf school.. It happens that I see lots of mainstreaming students come to learn new deaf culture at gallaudet university.

for example, one friend who is deaf and c.i. do not bother to learn about deaf culture, has life through time same as marlee matlin and heather whitestone...they still have partners who are hearing and happy into hearing world. They do not want to hear any negative about deaf issue, need show their better and attitude to hearing world. This one friend who has hearing boyfriend from stanford and happy life, her named is Lindsey Dolich who is deaf and alumni of haverford college.

now, I see jiro and other ADers seems fine person who have job and being themselves in lifestyle with friends and family.

Matajan, it's a life choice of their own. I would like to see you work 2 jobs with over 60 hours a week time to time and commute to two different places. That is what I have done for 1 and half years in the past.

Once again, please stop asking us questions about college this and that. Let's change subject and talk about cars, buses, trains, weather, hobbies, childhood stories and much more. We talk about everything on here which makes things more interesting.

now, I see jiro and other ADers seems fine person who have job and being themselves in lifestyle with friends and family.

See, now you are learning. Everybody is different. Their definition of sucees is different and their way of getting there can be different.....but if you enjoy being around them what does it matter what they do for a living or where they went to school.

Matajan, it's a life choice of their own. I would like to see you work 2 jobs with over 60 hours a week time to time and commute to two different places. That is what I have done for 1 and half years in the past.

Once again, please stop asking us questions about college this and that. Let's change subject and talk about cars, buses, trains, weather, hobbies, childhood stories and much more. We talk about everything on here which makes things more interesting.

okay...you said 60 hours a week, means 10 hours per day and means no off day?

wow, like my friend do.

okay...you said 60 hours a week, means 10 hours per day and means no off day?

wow, like my friend do.

I worked all week, no day offs. Worked 7 days a week. I even worked 16 hours in a day, too! My record was 65 hours or something in a week, I think. My friend worked 75 hours a week! He earns over $3,000 a month and he has never went to college.... That's like $42k a year income.

Is right that only single person would work every day?

I worked every day while I was married, and a ton of hours......but yeah you are right it is usually single people that work that much.

Back