Why join alldeaf and dont post

Wirelessly posted

Some members joined and wanted to delete their name. Once you join you can't cancel. That might be another reason.

True. lol

I'm here to meet deaf people and learn sign BUT many deaf people (knowing by experience) don't want to be "teachers" and some do. So, since I am hearing, it is VERY intimidating. HAHA!

Perhaps the reaction to Shara might leave some "newbies" reluctant to engage here?

I am nervous any question I post may be viewed as homework as opposed to my genuine desire to know more. So for now I read and not post much until I get a better understanding of what is appropriate and what is not.

I am nervous any question I post may be viewed as homework as opposed to my genuine desire to know more. So for now I read and not post much until I get a better understanding of what is appropriate and what is not.
You might get a better reception by doing this.

I delurked once to make an intro thread, but haven't posted much since then. It's just that I don't have a lot to say. I'm terrible at chit-chat. I'm a very good listener, however.

On the internet, I guess this makes me a perpetual lurker. :)

I jumped right in with my posting :D Deaf people don't scare me! <3 :P Just because one starts signing to me and I forget how to sign back because I am put on the spot all of a sudden and because I am so new to it still doesn't mean we can't be friends does it? :P

LOL thats true, but I'm still here. Miscommunication is a common thing here. But doesn't deter me none :)

Miscommunication happen a lot with all people , I see it happen a lot with people that are hearing .

same here they may forget about this spps like me so maybe it need update to new something like twitter that get people check it often

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Yea miscommunication can be possible.. After all trying to make sure grammar is understandable for everyone takes some time than just sign it and be done faster! LoL :-D

I jumped in looking thru post for a wee bit and started replying back.. Not scared at all either.. I remembered I had AD account years ago.. and yikes I can see I hadnt use my acct since 2006! :P Back then I had a 6 year old that kept me busy including other stuff going on.. Saw some of my own old posts .. wow I dont think I recognize myself!! LoL :)

But anyways.. yea I get what you're saying.. ITs good to make ourselves be heard and share stuff.. Even if just rather say it one-on-one in PMs :)

Well, what else do you know, FF? They are either shy, nosy, spy, take information to themselves or they check often in other websites which have been popular -- visual videos such as DVTV, DPV, KissAsl. No wonder why I have noticed the decrease in Deaf ADers coming here and post.

Back