Why join alldeaf and dont post

I find it more useful to observe what kinds of things are interesting to Deaf people.

I'm not deaf, hard of hearing, nor know anyone that is either, so I feel out of place here.

I think Deaf come here to find other Deaf, not more hearing people.

I think there were two things that bothered them. The first thing is that they are afraid to ask and then feel rejected if the answers to the questions are not appropriate. The second thing is that we are too blunt that might indicated that they were hurt. Probably could not believe that we were welcoming them in the introduction threads with being kind and generous. I had some members get mad at me when I gave them blunt answer to their questions that need to be straighten out. I am blunt person. The new members, even old members who never post have to learn to deal with that. Just get tough skins.

I assume you have run across threads that hve people feeling they are the only deaf in the world? It happens a lot. When I lost my hearing as a kid I never saw any deaf. For years and years. Harder for you since you are at an age where you have come to rely on your hearing

Definitely, I've seen several threads that way. I grew up hearing normal and now with it going, I'm trying not to post the same old things that others have posted

I just lurked mostly at first so I could get to understand the rules and maybe get around to asking people who have relied on hearing and are losing it. Then, I got to seeing the ASL students popping in all of the time and wanting help on homework...it made me take a double take on posting and why I should post. I'm still a bit leery on posting because who am I to post in a thread about being profoundly deaf at birth, for example? I haven't been so why would I need to post in that thread?

I read a lot but don't post a whole lot. I'm hearing so I kinda stay out of the way. I'm LGBT so I know how annoying it can be when people who aren't from the same background jump in and dominate the conversation at gay clubs or forums, so I try not to do that here on AllDeaf.

I know that many people on AllDeaf are very welcoming to hearing people but that doesn't mean that my opinions as a hearing person are relevant to every single discussion, you know?

Exactly. Since I'm still learning about all of this - Deaf Culture, hearing aids, asking questions without wanting to repeat the same old thing people always. That is my main thing. I get tired of repeating myself so why do it to others? It irritates me more than anything.

Interesting.

I do see lots of members who joined many years ago but not post at all. zero posts yet they continues to read it. I found it so interesting.

Non-civil conversation is my guess. You have to have a tough skin to be on a forum. And, lets face it, most deaf get enough confrontation from real life so that don't need it online too.

The ones with zero post were probably told about the site through some class they were taking.

I have encountered some forums where you have to register to even read what other people post! If that is all they have experience with, they may be registering at the very beginning out of habit.

Well if ya ask me...it was because I was simply a little scared of posting something stupid...:giggle:...(which I have on many occasions)....When I joined...read the threads...and thought..."my gosh, these members are so intelligent!"....Took awhile to get the feel and in the swing of things here....And of course my never wearing an HA or a CI....and an oral deafie....

My advise is to just "jump in"...(of course an introduction comes first)....everybody learns from everybody else....information at your fingertips!...

Basically the same for me lol

Definitely, I've seen several threads that way. I grew up hearing normal and now with it going, I'm trying not to post the same old things that others have posted

I just lurked mostly at first so I could get to understand the rules and maybe get around to asking people who have relied on hearing and are losing it. Then, I got to seeing the ASL students popping in all of the time and wanting help on homework...it made me take a double take on posting and why I should post. I'm still a bit leery on posting because who am I to post in a thread about being profoundly deaf at birth, for example? I haven't been so why would I need to post in that thread?

Exactly. Since I'm still learning about all of this - Deaf Culture, hearing aids, asking questions without wanting to repeat the same old thing people always. That is my main thing. I get tired of repeating myself so why do it to others? It irritates me more than anything.

Did you find this thread yet? It's for us late-deafened folks, at least when first coming to the site.

http://www.alldeaf.com/our-world-our-culture/62953-adjustment-late-onset-deafness.html

There might also be hearing people who join because they want to learn about aspects of Deaf culture (and learning from members of the culture is probably the best way to learn about a culture!). However, these hearing people might be too intimidated to post because of a fear of being treated condescendingly.

This.

I think it would be great if FF would act as the offical ambassador for allsead. That way she can pm anyone who has not posted anything. Its a job that's needs doing and our gal FF is just the one to do it.

Oh do you want me to?

Well if ya ask me...it was because I was simply a little scared of posting something stupid...:giggle:...(which I have on many occasions)....When I joined...read the threads...and thought..."my gosh, these members are so intelligent!"....Took awhile to get the feel and in the swing of things here....And of course my never wearing an HA or a CI....and an oral deafie....

My advise is to just "jump in"...(of course an introduction comes first)....everybody learns from everybody else....information at your fingertips!...

sooooooooo agree

can i just add i had quite few personal posts from banned members how do they able do that...been nice nothing bad

Several reason....

1. They might get hurt by post.
2. Could be addict.
3. Fear of hurt their beautiful computer
4. Would cheat on someone.
5. Clown is too scary to see.

i want get siamese cat,you ever had one ff

Nope. I do not think i ll get siamese. Yes they are very beautiful but more picky kitty. If you raise her or him very well then they can be friendly.

I always adopt a mutt kitties.

i think im done adopting kitties but babysitting is still ON! :lol:

my husband had one before got married called timothy,he use sit top of cutains and jump on anyone passing,not given with brains,he fell into cement mixer we spent hours chipping it off him

Back