Why is it $3 a Gallion? Heres your Answer?

I don't care what the problem is with gas prices..Its just for damn stupid its so high. No one can do nothing about it? What a crock!!

I'm glad we're trying to practice awareness of things that affect our economy and pocketbooks.

Let's use this and also apply it to things that happen in america. Ever hear of banks? Boy, they're a royal ripoff. There are outrageous, ludicrous fees that you're never really told about. Ever count every penny on your bank statements, expected and actual?

Let's see regulations that stop food manufacturers from saying 0% trans fat when, in fact, their products include "Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil" (a source of bad, bad trans fat).

Let's up regulations on the mortgage industry so it's not so easy to scam innocent homebuyers with the profits Loan Officers make on the back of the loan.

And the list goes on and on. I bet we'd change our economy even more than anything gas prices could ever do if we looked at these problems.

(Pssssst. Shhhhhhh. Wasn't there a proposal many years ago to add a tax to gasoline prices to research ways to solve gas problems if they ever skyrocketed to this level? Wasn't it also rejected because people got antsy about paying a few extra cents even when the 1970s were still on the mind?)

Last edited:
It appears to me that the gas prices are cheaper in the south than in the north.

Steel X said:
buckdodgers is REALLY ravensteve?

If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck... Then, it's a DUCK!

Unfortunately Steel...

Yes, BuckDodgers IS RavenSteve!

Buckdodgers is Ravensteve, of course.

Buckdodgers said:
Breezy,Please create your own sayings.Stop copying what Sam Donaldson said.

Multiple accounts Alert!!!!!

Ive seen those pictures of the huge indoor ski area. The desert is the best place for indoor skiing. :laugh2: Look at the contrast--sand vs. snow!! Yes it is a waste of $$ and water to make ice. Let the rich have their fun while the poor suffer in the heat.

The thing that annoys me the most is that the oil market is priced by SPECULATION, not fact. A hurricane that 'could hit land where an oil refinery is' is enogh for them to drive up oil prices, even if the chance is remote.

Can you imagine if every other industry was like that? Imagine going to the supermarket and seeing the cost of food go up and down daily (or even hourly) based on speculation.

"We're raising the price of corn today because there's a forest fire burning 100 miles away from the farm we get our corn from and it COULD burn the corn - so you see we have to protect our bottom line and squeeze every cent we can out of you in the offhand chance the fire does ruin the corn, but if it doesn't - no we won't give refunds, as its legal for us to raise our prices whenever WE think our corn crop is threatened. Heck if a flea farts in China that could be a good enough reason too!"

sr171soars said:
Good question. I was flabbergasted when I read the Exxon bit today. All I can say is something doesn't add up here...
Yep. We are getting gouged again. When will this stop?

It boggles my mind how silly you people who are complaining about the ski resort are.

They've had that money for a long time. It's not like they raised the prices to pay for the ski resort. Oil is a valuable, limited resource and Americans are stupid enough to keep paying for it instead of finding cheaper alternatives. So, when it runs out, well, the Arabians will no longer have a ski resort, but neither will we have any oil to run our stupid SUVs and military Hummers.

Combat the stupidity by voting out greedy politicians and invest in alternative fuels. I do that today, I support biodiesel. When are you all gonna do so, hmm?

Dennis said:
It boggles my mind how silly you people who are complaining about the ski resort are. They've had that money for a long time. It's not like they raised the prices to pay for the ski resort. Oil is a valuable, limited resource and Americans are stupid enough to keep paying for it instead of finding cheaper alternatives. So, when it runs out, well, the Arabians will no longer have a ski resort, but neither will we have any oil to run our stupid SUVs and military Hummers. Combat the stupidity by voting out greedy politicians and invest in alternative fuels. I do that today, I support biodiesel. When are you all gonna do so, hmm?
I am a cynical bastard by nature but I have to say that there are alternatives being looked into. A day late and a dollar short but nevertheless. Personally we should tap into the most available resource on the plante. H2O. Yep the earth is 2/3 water and when you mix an electrical charge with water it can create quite an explosion. One that could perhaps propel a combustion engine....

Dennis said:
It boggles my mind how silly you people who are complaining about the ski resort are.

They've had that money for a long time. It's not like they raised the prices to pay for the ski resort. Oil is a valuable, limited resource and Americans are stupid enough to keep paying for it instead of finding cheaper alternatives. So, when it runs out, well, the Arabians will no longer have a ski resort, but neither will we have any oil to run our stupid SUVs and military Hummers.

Combat the stupidity by voting out greedy politicians and invest in alternative fuels. I do that today, I support biodiesel. When are you all gonna do so, hmm?

I had to laugh at the comments about it myself. I agree when one has the dough...it is a moot point to complain about it...;)

I won't say that we were stupid but rather more shortsighted as most people take the easiest way out... The prices at the pump is forcing the issue finally and hopefully not at the cost of wreaking the economy.

Most politicans promise one thing and do another due to "realities" they face. I'm not sure what the answer would be without changing the gov't itself.

rockdrummer said:
I am a cynical bastard by nature but I have to say that there are alternatives being looked into. A day late and a dollar short but nevertheless. Personally we should tap into the most available resource on the plante. H2O. Yep the earth is 2/3 water and when you mix an electrical charge with water it can create quite an explosion. One that could perhaps propel a combustion engine....

Yep, things are starting to happen finally. Even the powers to be recognize the handwriting on the wall. It will be an interesting decade or two coming up.

Back