Why eat at McDonald's or Taco Bell in mall food court?

When my daughter and I go to the outlets in Maine we pack our lunches and eat our car. We saw a few people doing the same , it's cheaper this way and you have more $$$ to spend on clothes . There is really nothing I would want to eat at either place.

Sometimes, I wonder why people would eat at McDonald's or Taco Bell in mall? Maybe it's just me, but if you are going to McDonald's or Taco Bell, why go to mall in the first place? There are so many of those places that you don't need to go to mall to eat there.

In your neighbourhood, maybe. In my neighbourhood, the only Taco Bell was the one in the mall.

I was wondering whether McDonald's or Taco Bell in food court costs more money than going to McDonald's or Taco Bell?

I've never seen it cost more in a mall, but I have seen it cost more in a service plaza on the highway (because they figure you have no alternative)

quick and easy. if you're at the mall and want to eat, why not? Could depend on location too. When I lived at my last apartment, the food court at the mall was the closest location for food options (Subways, Taco John's), and I would occasionally go to the mall's food court just to get some food to take home, instead of driving further just to go to the actual Taco John's or Subway's facility. Same food, same price at the mall, so what difference does it make?

The local mall had a food court where Deaf people meet to rap. A couple fast food joints were shut down because of roaches. I do not trust those joints anywhere now. Just saying.

I have only eaten at one place in a mall food court and it's been over 10 years now. That was a Sbarro's. At the time, it was the only place to get a calzone.

quick and easy. if you're at the mall and want to eat, why not? Could depend on location too. When I lived at my last apartment, the food court at the mall was the closest location for food options (Subways, Taco John's), and I would occasionally go to the mall's food court just to get some food to take home, instead of driving further just to go to the actual Taco John's or Subway's facility. Same food, same price at the mall, so what difference does it make?

The outlet in Maine has a lot of restaurants to eat at so it's cheaper to bring your own food.

While it is cheaper to bring your own food- they don't always allow you to bring in your own food into the food places. Maybe the general food courts you can bring your own food though so I can kind of see that.

I can also see why people don't normally do that- carry around the food until time to go eat plus whatever you buy. I think the food places a lot of the times are 'spur of the moment' kind of thing aside from group get togethers at a set time.

What's the big deal when McDonald's or Taco Bell are there? It gives people a choice to eat at either one or other joints in the mall.

Maybe they're high on drugs and they have the munchies...

Seriously though, it's completely rude and I'd never do it... It's disrespectful and pisses me off when I see people do that crap.

Seriously off topic and everything but hearing taco bell reminded me of it... i just had their breakfast, and I had to say... it's pretty amazing actually.... :shock: For being fast food... I had to try it.... and I was impressed... :shock:

Please visit San Francisco's Westfield Shopping Mall. You will not find any McD, Taco Bell, Subway in there. All food courts are organic.

BTW fast food chains are GROSS!

I RARELY eat fast food.... RARELY.... I have to be very desperate and VERY in a rush.... if I eat anywhere out "fast food" it's Chipoltle... Mmmmmm... Chipoltle.... I can't give them up.... They're delicious! :D But I was in SUCH a rush the other morning... There was Taco Bell.... There was breakfast.... 10 minutes to get to work... dum dum dum..... Bam, breakfast.... it wasn't bad.... like I said, I was pretty impressed... :P

I avoid most "fast food" - love Chipotle's though! And now they have tofu and brown rice - I don't eat white rice. When I go there, I get one of the naked burrito bowls - no tortilla, no dairy, with black beans...sometimes small amount of chicken. Lots of medium salsa and some guac.

Haven't ate or McDonald's since I was 13 or so, and not at Taco Bell since I was in college. My husband - then my boyfriend - used to pick me up on Friday eve and I'd stay at his place over the weekend, and he liked Taco Bell. I was vegan at that time but would sometimes get the beans w/the red sauce - and yeah, I realized some time ago that those beans were probably quite far from vegan:lol:

If we're at the mall, I either have something I brought with me to eat, or I customize an order at a restaurant- usually have some kinda lean protein and veggie combination of something somewhere.

I am certainly ok with fast food. You can choose carefully and get things that aren't too bad for you.

A lot of times on a budget those fast food are the cheapest entertainment for a lot of families.

And the mall court is kind of a social environment.

why indeed derck.. never given it any thought but proberly will now:giggle:

Oakridge mall had Taco Bell and McDonald's years ago but they got rid of those places only have Carl's jr in food court now but Pizza Hut still sells food in target otherwise than that I guess they want us eat healthy but have other options but now too expenvise to eat in food court now cuz of tax hike grr used to be 8.75% now I think 9.25% now

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

When I was stuck in medical hold at Fort Bliss, TX with another guy from my unit, we were looking for wireless internet and inexpensive food because we didn't want to go to the chow hall and it didn't have internet. If you know Fort Bliss, the PX area is basically a mall, with shops all over this large building and a huge food court. I ate a lot of Taco Bell, it was cheap and the only fast food I can stomach, but I also ate Chinese food a few times there too.

I guess people have situations like I did, where it was just a lower cost place in the food court and suited their needs and was convenient.

When I was stuck in medical hold at Fort Bliss, TX with another guy from my unit, we were looking for wireless internet and inexpensive food because we didn't want to go to the chow hall and it didn't have internet. If you know Fort Bliss, the PX area is basically a mall, with shops all over this large building and a huge food court. I ate a lot of Taco Bell, it was cheap and the only fast food I can stomach, but I also ate Chinese food a few times there too.

I guess people have situations like I did, where it was just a lower cost place in the food court and suited their needs and was convenient.

Fred Wilson Burger King is close to Fort Bliss. They always had 99 cent Whoppers when we lived in El Paso. The only BK that cheap.

When the kids were little we used to go there once a month get four Whoppers, and one large drink to share, ah nostalgia!

Back