Why do they call it the 'closet'?

Actually, "queer" would be considered offensive to some since it is often considered a derogatory towards GLBT.

Queer used to be negative term to label gays as strange. Now it became positive term that definate people's sexuality in the general. Queers are often used in big cities such as Seattle, Chicago, and New York.

Here in Seattle, you will see many "Queers". You can see it too in New York and Chicago.

If its offensive, why do many gays used that term? For example Queer Eyes for the Straight. Queers As Folks?

Queer used to be negative term to label gays as strange. Now it became positive term that definate people's sexuality in the general. Queers are often used in big cities such as Seattle, Chicago, and New York.

Here in Seattle, you will see many "Queers". You can see it too in New York and Chicago.

If its offensive, why do many gays used that term? For example Queer Eyes for the Straight. Queers As Folks?
Yes.

Queer As Folk ended a couple years ago.

Queer Eye is ending this year.

sorry.. i posted the link to wikipedia but someone beat me to it so I removed the link

Last edited:
Back