Why do people smoke?

Why do people smoke ?

Cig has stimulations for them....

so What stimulations do I got ???
biting nails, Look for something to eat carrots or celeries if I find.. and find some granola bar.. A N D go for walk... but winter is here, not want to get my son cold while I go for walk.. and it gets so dark out when my husband gets home so I got to wait till Spring to start walking!

Wendy

ravensteve1961 said:
Vamp have you ever been to prison? I bet you cant stand being inside the evoinerment. You realize you have to stay alert all times? You never know when big bubba gonna grab you and have fun with you.

sounds like u got a record if u are so afraid of the cops and u did serve time

ravensteve1961 said:
Vamp have you ever been to prison? I bet you cant stand being inside the evoinerment. You realize you have to stay alert all times? You never know when big bubba gonna grab you and have fun with you.
I take it you've experienced it already. ;)

Jail ain't so bad

Prison is worst.

Martha Stewart in prison... that is awful.

Michael Jackson has been in Jail.
Robert Blake has been in jail. Or was it Prison?
Winona Judd
Bobby Brown

And even Charles S. Dutton, a successful actor, he
was in prison for murder.

Al Sharpton been in jail, Jesse Jackson, and even Martin Luther King jr.
And Rosa Parks, Nelson Mandala,

Don King
Ozzy Osborne
Bill Gates

Many famous people have been in jail or prison.

So how many good people ever succeed being rich with a perfect life???

:ugh2:

TTT said:
Prison is worst.

Martha Stewart in prison... that is awful.

Michael Jackson has been in Jail.
Robert Blake has been in jail. Or was it Prison?
Winona Judd
Bobby Brown

And even Charles S. Dutton, a successful actor, he
was in prison for murder.

Al Sharpton been in jail, Jesse Jackson, and even Martin Luther King jr.
And Rosa Parks, Nelson Mandala,

Don King
Ozzy Osborne
Bill Gates

Many famous people have been in jail or prison.

So how many good people ever succeed being rich with a perfect life???

:ugh2:

Well ever heard of amy fisher? She was raped by 5 male guards. Womens prison is whole lot tougher then in mens prison. In womems prison.Guards have power. If a guard harasses you and if you dont cooperate with them they can make a bad report on you and which may denie you of early parole release. If you go to your lawyer and you tell him the guards sexauly harrassed you and the state investigate it the guards can make your life 10 times as hell like they wont even break up a fight if youre involved in one.And then youll go to a prison hospital and theres not a damn thing you can do about it.

Bill Gates served prison time before ? For what ?

Last edited:
Wow, so sad for Amy Fisher....

Many people made so many mistakes...
Amy Fisher made a mistake, worst mistake...
but she doesn't deserve to be rape in prison.

MODS, don't ban me... I didn't go off topics on purpose.

Guards have no right to do that.
Don't matter if it is in prison....
When I was at a workplace.... at vaccum industry.
And I was wearing wig to cover up my ears.

And a man told me to put label on boxes...
And I was in between boxes, and the man bumped my butt, when I was bending down to put label on boxes, on purpose with the forklift.

He was sexually harrassed. I was frustrated. I took my wig off the next
day to show him my deformed ears... he stared at me and back off.

And then there was the other guy, telling me I am beautiful and don't care
what I look like,,, he wanted to marry me.

I was like DAMN.... I don't like working at that place. Men there are so wacko.

That is why men drive me crazy everywhere...

No more long hair braid, no more makeup, and all that stuff that can make
men go crazy.

Maybe not TTT but guards have power. Just like you cant fight a police officer. Thats just the way things are.

TTT said:
1. It isn't sexy.
2. It isn't cool.
3. It doesn't taste great.
4. It isn't good for your health.
5. It is too expensive.

So why people smoke?

They only make People who own the Tobacco companies RICH!!!

It is an annoying habits... I can't stand it be around people who smoke.
And plus it polluted the place, street and sidewalk. And smell awful. And also it is ugly looking.

YOu guys complained about the high gas price, but you guys rather
buy cigarettes anyway.

DOn't you guys afraid of getting lung cancer.
I know some people who smoke a lonnnnng time, live longer.
But there are some people who weren't or aren't lucky.

That is why I don't want boyfriend who are smokers and
I don't want friends who smoke either...

Because I don't want to suffer second hand smoke.
My cousin in California is suffering stage 5 cancer, she
lived with her father who was a smoker.

So anyway... I want to live longer and healthier.

Yes, I has to agree with you.

I´m non-smoker. All my siblings and relatives are smoker. I questioned them why make them to smoke?
Some of them said they thought smoke make them feel being "adult" & "show off". Later they are regret since they addicted smoking.
My Dad gave up smoke at 5 years ago.
My brother gave up smoke in 1990.

They smokes the cigerettes just for attentions. They made new friends easily by passing around the lighters. Sad.

:(

Well, I am a smoker here since I was a teenager, but it doesn't make me a bad person, it just that it been really hard to quit, but I haven't gave up hope on doing that one day, so don't make those smokers bad people here, they can't help it sometimes if they smoke, it is hard to quit, but give them some time and they will even if you try to help than putting them down like this....Just my opinion here....

that is ashame

No I don't think you are a bad person.
It is just that my dad,, before he died...
He was at the hospital.

And the hospital staff tied him down...
because he was having a nicotine fit.

He told me to untied him... so I did.
And he told me get that ciggy out of the drawer.
I lied and said there is none.
And he got up and open the drawer and took out ciggy.
And then he tried to yank out the IV out of his arm.
But the nurse stopped him....
and gave him a wheelchair and hung the IV bag around
the IV hanger.
And me and him went outside... and smoke and smoke.

And I was sad. I just wish I could sue tobacco companies
for doing that to people.

I am curious. If a person wants to quit smoking, why not just quit buying cigarettes? If you don't have cigarettes in your house, or car, or purse, etc., then you can't smoke, right?

Or spend the cig money for other reasons. Maybe put the cig money in a vacation account. That way you are not "quitting" or sacrificing smoking. Instead, it is a positive goal, like planning for a vacation.

Or maybe telling yourself, "I prefer to send this week's cig money to the tsunami victims." That is a good positive use for cig money, to do something special and helpful.

Also, smokers already are not allowed to smoke in certain work places, in planes, in public buildings, etc. If you want to quit, can you just imagine that there is a "No Smoking" sign every place you go? Like, "I can't smoke here; it is not allowed." Make your own smoking restrictions so you tell yourself, "No smoking allowed". Is that possible?

I am not saying smokers are bad people. I am saying that there is a better way to live without the ciggies. Healthier lungs and heart, brighter teeth, sweeter breath and hair, fresher clothing, fewer facial wrinkles, better taste buds, less coughing, cleaner house/car, and more money!

anyway

so I stayed away from cigarettes and smokers...
cause I don't want to relive that moment....

And I hope that many people stop smoking or don't start.

I got an idea, Reba

Why not fine the people who litter the street and sidewalk.
Get rid of all the ashtray that are outside....

And hired teenagers or college students to stay in car or stand outside
to spot people who throw ciggy on sidewalk or street and fine them $20.

THat will stop smokers quit smoking.

Good idea?

I knew I shouldn't have post in this thread.....

All I am going to say on this, it may be easy said than done, unless you are in the person's shoes to understand how it feels....

Like I said, I am planning on quitting that all I am going to say.....

Reba said:
I am curious. If a person wants to quit smoking, why not just quit buying cigarettes? If you don't have cigarettes in your house, or car, or purse, etc., then you can't smoke, right?

Or spend the cig money for other reasons. Maybe put the cig money in a vacation account. That way you are not "quitting" or sacrificing smoking. Instead, it is a positive goal, like planning for a vacation.

Or maybe telling yourself, "I prefer to send this week's cig money to the tsunami victims." That is a good positive use for cig money, to do something special and helpful.

Also, smokers already are not allowed to smoke in certain work places, in planes, in public buildings, etc. If you want to quit, can you just imagine that there is a "No Smoking" sign every place you go? Like, "I can't smoke here; it is not allowed." Make your own smoking restrictions so you tell yourself, "No smoking allowed". Is that possible?

I am not saying smokers are bad people. I am saying that there is a better way to live without the ciggies. Healthier lungs and heart, brighter teeth, sweeter breath and hair, fresher clothing, fewer facial wrinkles, better taste buds, less coughing, cleaner house/car, and more money!

Believe it or not....

IT IS HARD to quit smokes once you are addictive to it...

there's no medical cure for these smokers to quit right away.. It has to be up to them to quit it on their own, of course sciences and doctors do have some "nictone" helper ( pills, patch, gum, inhaler) they are also nictones.. Anyway

Angel, DOn't worry about that you shouldn't post in here but it is good that You did admit that it is hard to quit.. Believe it or not I used to smoke 3 to 4 pack a day and I QUIT almost 3 years ago on March 14...

Hints for Angel, Just do what you believe in for yourself, and be ready for yourself if you are ready to quit (im not saying now but in future).. Once you are ready, you know where to find your friends and your BESTFRIEND/Boyfriend (RoadRunner) i am sure he will be there for you too..

for me.. My husband and I planned to quit together on May 13, (the day after our wedding anniversary on May 12) but... My body I guess my body got so Fed up and I quit that morning on March 14, while waiting for school bus to arrive I had 3 inhale then puff all out was wondering what was that NASTY taste ? nah, I must be dreaming so I did took the 3rd one realized it was really NASTY I threw it on my driveway and said Fuck it.... Never smoke since them. DO i have tempt to smoke again ? no, my husband still smokes, I do get annyoyed when he smokes near me cuz of that nasty smell. I still am a smokefree now I am 2nd hand...

I guess it is hard for some people to quit. My mother-in-law did not quit until she had to be on oxygen 24/7. :(

I am just thankful that when I was a teen I couldn't afford to buy cigarettes, so I never started smoking. Sometimes there are benefits to being poor; no ciggies, no booze, no drugs. :)

Reba said:
I guess it is hard for some people to quit. My mother-in-law did not quit until she had to be on oxygen 24/7. :(

I am just thankful that when I was a teen I couldn't afford to buy cigarettes, so I never started smoking. Sometimes there are benefits to being poor; no ciggies, no booze, no drugs. :)

yup be thankful...

I had a friend who died of emphasima (spell?), my uncles (2) and aunt died of it too...

Wendy

Back