TTT

Reaction score
1. It isn't sexy.
2. It isn't cool.
3. It doesn't taste great.
4. It isn't good for your health.
5. It is too expensive.

So why people smoke?

They only make People who own the Tobacco companies RICH!!!

It is an annoying habits... I can't stand it be around people who smoke.
And plus it polluted the place, street and sidewalk. And smell awful. And also it is ugly looking.

YOu guys complained about the high gas price, but you guys rather
buy cigarettes anyway.

DOn't you guys afraid of getting lung cancer.
I know some people who smoke a lonnnnng time, live longer.
But there are some people who weren't or aren't lucky.

That is why I don't want boyfriend who are smokers and
I don't want friends who smoke either...

Because I don't want to suffer second hand smoke.
My cousin in California is suffering stage 5 cancer, she
lived with her father who was a smoker.

So anyway... I want to live longer and healthier.

Okay, I do not want to piss off my smoking friends on here, but I have to agree with you, TTT. (YES, I am agreeing with you...DO NOT have a heart attack!!! :rofl: ) But, seriously...I agree with you.

I don't want to start attacking the smokers on here, because, to each their own. However, people are well aware of the dangers of smoking; unlike they were 20-30 years ago. I don't understand it. Smoking is very addictive, however. This I do know, so maybe that is the reason? Also, it is said that smoking keeps the weight off, so that might also be a reason somebody might smoke?

In all honesty, though. I can't answer this adequately. I believe the reasons people smoke are as enumerable as the people themselves. You probably will have to gather a group of smokers in a room, and ask each and everyone of them why they smoke? :dunno:

It's not relaxing. It makes the body to think it can relax, then when the body hasn't smoked in a while, it goes into super-stress mode!

Smoking is a big waste of money. I am glad that I was a poor teen, so I never could afford starting the bad habit.

Good question....
I just don't understand why do they still smoke
so I try not to let them annoying me. I never
allow anyone to smoke in my household because
of the bad smell. Plus wasting money, too.

Used to tease on my friends who are smokers. Sometime, they need go outside for smoking. I told them, "have a fun for cooking your own lungs."

Well, that's totally true. :P

I agree with you. I used to smoking in past and quitted it when i found out that i was pregnant with first child. So far, i dont smoke since. My grandma started smoking at 25 and today she is about 89 years old. She act like fine with smoking. Weird. Other families do smoking too. One my aunt did quitted for her daughter who begged. Aunt was very shaky body and hand, alot of sweaty, alot of anxity, and need "taste" of cig. She knew that she can't live without smoking so she came back. She started smoking at 13 and today she is 43. I know smoking make people look cool, make you feel less stress, and sometime eat foods and smoking same time. So seem that people who smoking too long and make it very harder to quit. Some of them are Lucky to quit but Some of them don't. That s sad.
Anyone see Commerical about "Truth"?
Mommyof3

Heres the solution. Make cigarettes like illegal drugs. Stop selling them here.If you buy them from a drug dealer you get arrested and go to prison for 10 years.

ravensteve1961 said:
Heres the solution. Make cigarettes like illegal drugs. Stop selling them here.If you buy them from a drug dealer you get arrested and go to prison for 10 years.

That's no solution. Granted, there are better uses for tobacco than making cigarettes, but still... People should take responsibilty for what they do. Making it illegal will only force people to go outside the law to get their fix. Drugs are illegal, and has that stopped people from getting high? No, it hasn't. You need to think about this from all angles, Steve.

TTT said:
1. It isn't sexy.
2. It isn't cool.
3. It doesn't taste great.
4. It isn't good for your health.
5. It is too expensive.

So why people smoke?

They only make People who own the Tobacco companies RICH!!!

It is an annoying habits... I can't stand it be around people who smoke.
And plus it polluted the place, street and sidewalk. And smell awful. And also it is ugly looking.

YOu guys complained about the high gas price, but you guys rather
buy cigarettes anyway.

DOn't you guys afraid of getting lung cancer.
I know some people who smoke a lonnnnng time, live longer.
But there are some people who weren't or aren't lucky.

That is why I don't want boyfriend who are smokers and
I don't want friends who smoke either...

Because I don't want to suffer second hand smoke.
My cousin in California is suffering stage 5 cancer, she
lived with her father who was a smoker.

So anyway... I want to live longer and healthier.
Know what is irony about this? Republicans and Cigarette lobbyists are very good friends. That's why it is hard to get tobacco bill or similar bills passed. I just found this irony because you are against cigarette companies... Truth is stranger than fiction after all.

Anyway, I don't like the smell of cigarette and I tried it before to find out why people addicted... but nothing.. it tastes awful and such. I am a health freak so I naturally stayed away from these 'bad' substances included cigarettes.

ravensteve1961 said:
Oh... puh-leeze! That's not gonna solve anything!

ravensteve1961 said:
Well i want to smoke Majuana. You know why im scared?
THE POLICE!Thats why
But you're not scared of causing problems here?

Vamp have you ever been to prison? I bet you cant stand being inside the evoinerment. You realize you have to stay alert all times? You never know when big bubba gonna grab you and have fun with you.

I never liked to smoke, and i hate the smell, but I have some friends who smokes, but it doesn't bother me as long as they respect me too.

I used to smoke.... Now I am smokefree of cigs 2 years 10 months... Am darn proud of myself for doing this! this March 14 will be 3 years...

NOT worth to smoke because it is very addictive.. Now I get occasionally Panic attack which I dislike and I hate to depend on someone to drive for me or something!!! my husband had to drive me to three appt on thursday due of panic attack that I was having...

Wendy

Back