Why did God pick people to be deaf?

Of course. It is so obvious!

Of course. It is so obvious that Bibles brainwashed believers! What a big waste of time. What a shame. There are such no God and Devil. It's up to our mind and emotion. The words, in Bible books, are given emotion and powerful, and that is why the authors were so clever.

I couldnt agree with u more!!! My thoughts exactly!

Webexplorer-

sigh....I must tell you that God is real and the bible is real. Unfortunately, it is very difficult for everyone to understand what the scriptures really mean. I swear to God that I saw Jesus in my dream. I don't know if you read my dream experience with Jesus.

I'm sorry that you still don't believe in God. Before, I wasn't sure if there was God but now I found God. I hope one day you will find God if you let yourself to discover Him. God is so, very wonderful! By the way, yes God made people deaf for some reasons.

Momoftwo

Pls dont tell people that they need to find God. People are happy with having God in their lives just as people are happy with not having God in their lives. It is about respecting each other's wishes. I will respect u that u need to believe in God and everything but dont tell people who dont believe in God that they should. That is a form of brainwashing...no offense.

The best answer I can give you is that God gambles with our lives. He simply rolls a dice and determines our fate from there.

Or... God doesn't exist and everything that happens is completely random. :dunno:

You are deaf because thats just how life is for you not because 'God' made you that way if he exsists.

in my opinion deaf people is entirely an new race withits own culture and way of life even their own language so maybe thats god s plan? like asian black people white mexican probably deaf people is an race too just in an different aspect? i mean look at us all we have community for deaf we have our ownlanguage we have our own culture just like asian people have their own culture you know? just an guess an good one through

God wants made us deaf so we stay innocent by not able to hear all the nasty stuff the hearies talk about and do. This way we deafies will enter heaven without sin. ;)

THANKKKKKK UUUUU!!!!! What an AWESOME posting!!! Poeple like Robbyn turn deafness into an ugly thing and make us suffer with their oppressive views which is TOTALLY unecessary. Accept deafness, blindness or whatever and help change the attitudes of people like u, then nobody would have to suffer. How about that? Then God would have the peaceful world he so desires. Ha!

I am deaf and I am HAPPY!!!!!

God asked me before I was born which one do I want to be..deaf or hearing? I told him deaf so I was born deaf. :giggle:

Haven't been in this thread for a while, cuz it was :pissed: me off. But now that I see this you are welcome. I get so tired of people who think they are well meaning insulting not only my son but the Deaf community as a whole. Makes me want to :rl: sometimes! I tell hearies all the time, my son doesn't need your pity, he's better off than you are. He doesn't have to listen to all this stupidity.

Haven't been in this thread for a while, cuz it was :pissed: me off. But now that I see this you are welcome. I get so tired of people who think they are well meaning insulting not only my son but the Deaf community as a whole. Makes me want to :rl: sometimes! I tell hearies all the time, my son doesn't need your pity, he's better off than you are. He doesn't have to listen to all this stupidity.

Iam on the same boat as u. I had to leave this thread cuz it was :pissed: me off too!

All my life I grew up around hearing people (yes I grew up mainstreamed oral) and had encountered people who say stuff like "God loves you and he is sorry for making you deaf." With that and other factors, it made me feel very ashamed of my deafness and as a result, my self -esteem shot down so I grew up struggling with my identity. I wanted so badly to be hearing cuz everyone expected that from me. By going to Gallaudet, I finally accepted my own deafness but thanks to people who equate deafness as a bad thing, I grew up believing that there was something seriously wrong with me. Looking back, it was all those religous fanatics who mostly made those kind of comments. Even one told me that she felt sorry for me for being deaf cuz I couldnt hear music. Stupid Stupid Stupid people :rl:

Iam on the same boat as u. I had to leave this thread cuz it was :pissed: me off too!

All my life I grew up around hearing people (yes I grew up mainstreamed oral) and had encountered people who say stuff like "God loves you and he is sorry for making you deaf." With that and other factors, it made me feel very ashamed of my deafness and as a result, my self -esteem shot down so I grew up struggling with my identity. I wanted so badly to be hearing cuz everyone expected that from me. By going to Gallaudet, I finally accepted my own deafness but thanks to people who equate deafness as a bad thing, I grew up believing that there was something seriously wrong with me. Looking back, it was all those religous fanatics who mostly made those kind of comments. Even one told me that she felt sorry for me for being deaf cuz I couldnt hear music. Stupid Stupid Stupid people :rl:

I know exactly what you mean. Had a woman tell my son one time that if he prayed hard enough God would heal him. My son told her, "I'm not sick!" Maybe if they all prayed hard enough God would heal them from hteir narrow minded stupidity. You think?

Haha I think that's pretty hilarious... my hearing friends tell me all the time that they think I'm lucky that I'm deaf sometimes, because I can avoid having to hear annoying sounds that bother them, or a conversation that they dont want to listen too. As much as I understand that, it makes me want to hear certain things anyway. I grew up mainstreamed, so its hard sometimes to connect to deafness, when at the same time, its hard to connect to the hearing world because of what I dont hear. Eh, I'm right in between the both of them. I think it's really hard to deal with because sometimes I dont know exactly where I stand. sometimes I feel like hearing sounds and voices is "bait" being dangled in front of me, and when I run after it, sometimes I fail to grasp it, and then I wonder if I'm meant to be deaf. It's so weird !

I know exactly what you mean. Had a woman tell my son one time that if he prayed hard enough God would heal him. My son told her, "I'm not sick!" Maybe if they all prayed hard enough God would heal them from hteir narrow minded stupidity. You think?

uggh, Word of Faith type of people. They say the same thing about cancer too. Even money. They did this when my mom was dying from cancer. But I knew it was her time and it had nothing to do with how much faith she had.

coming from a "hearing place" i can tell you that sometimes i wish i could become deaf for one week. i think that you are even lucky for not hearing things that people say in this world.
i think that the sign language express imotions and feeling more than any other language in this world!
i know that sometimes it's hard but i see deaf people as much more smart,loving and caring.

...Of course. It is so obvious that Bibles brainwashed believers! What a big waste of time. What a shame. There are such no God and Devil. It's up to our mind and emotion. The words, in Bible books, are given emotion and powerful, and that is why the authors were so clever.
How will your mind and emotion help you after you die?

In the complete love of God

I believe that Deafness is not for Deaf people, but for the hearing. I will admit I'm hearing. If it wouldn't have been for all of you, meaning Deaf people, I would not know the meaning of my hearing. God choose me to be hearing and placed people that are Ddeaf in my life, so I could be a better person. If God had not created you where would I be? I love all of you soo much, I cannot describe it. I am a believer of God and his name is Jesus, but aside from that all of you are precious to me. Don't think you're cursed or that maybe God has turned his back on you, because he hasn't. Sure we live in a world that is mostly populated with hearing, but if it wouldn't be for y'all how would I have came to learn Sign Language. For those of you who believe in the Bible and even for those who don't; His word says, we were all created in the likeness of Him. So, wether we are Deaf or Hearing, He made us like Him. Sometimes I think about it, "Would I like to be Deaf?", I answer myself saying, "YES", because I want to impact someones life, like the Deaf have impacted my life.

Please, don't delete my thread because I'm Hearing and you think I don't understand. If a person is to understand then they need to learn about the situation.

Jesus Loves All Of His Deaf Children!

I am sure that a "God" formed an Earth for us to breathe and live there until we die. That's it. We all have diseases on Earth because we are human-made that ruin our environment. This is how happened to many health problems that we have now, in the future, and some in the past.

Jesus was a healer that helped many people. He was a human being. There are some healers nowadays just similiar to Jesus.

This is very simple.

Back