why deaf films failed?

well I could try...

but not now, metroguy.

Don't "TRY" to do something.. If you want it bad enough, JUST DO IT!

*insert nike ad here*

nobody got by in life by "trying" instead of doing.. I mean.. you don't see people like Gary Brooks sitting there "trying" to get a film made.. You see him going out there and getting it done.

So, Just do it.. Start small, work your way up.. practice your craft. Don't say you will try to do it.. Just do it.. C'mon.. you can do it.. Just throw away the doubts and DO IT!

Don't "TRY" to do something.. If you want it bad enough, JUST DO IT!

*insert nike ad here*

nobody got by in life by "trying" instead of doing.. I mean.. you don't see people like Gary Brooks sitting there "trying" to get a film made.. You see him going out there and getting it done.

So, Just do it.. Start small, work your way up.. practice your craft. Don't say you will try to do it.. Just do it.. C'mon.. you can do it.. Just throw away the doubts and DO IT!

*APPLAUSE LOUDLY* VERY WELL SAID! :)

If at first don't succeed, Dust yourself off and try again...?

Okay, I'll do it....

Thank you.

:ty:

yeah... I think I met that director who made that movie...
at Chicago Deaf Film Festival.

Sadly the movie wasn't great.

"hearing people do not like subtitled"

That is such a retarded thing to say! It this was true, then this film would not have won many awards!

Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon isn't a foreign film...
The Actors spoke English.

I think they used voice over to interpreter the actors' language...
without subtitled, because I remember watching the movie...
and the actors appear to speak English.

but go ahead and use subtitled for deaf films... maybe hearing people
might fall asleep after reading boring subtitled

I remember that movie being subbed because it was the first movie I understood what was going on in the movie theatre.

Whether it's good or not is an opinion, not a fact.

It's not because of dialogue that won over the audience it was the visual part and the plot, in my opinion.

I don't understand why you don't want subtitles for deaf films? Sign language is a foreign language so it is expected that there's subtitles that goes with it.

I remember that movie being subbed because it was the first movie I understood what was going on in the movie theatre.

Whether it's good or not is an opinion, not a fact.

It's not because of dialogue that won over the audience it was the visual part and the plot, in my opinion.

I don't understand why you don't want subtitles for deaf films? Sign language is a foreign language so it is expected that there's subtitles that goes with it.

All I know is... film is hard to sell.

All I know is... film is hard to sell.

Hmmm, well, all I know(make that think) is that the bottom line for deaf films failing/succeeding are: Money, Contacts, Talent, Skills and yes, some crab theory thrown in, too.

umm hearing people hate subtitled? hmm.. what about the movie "passion of christ" it was subtitled whole time... no spoken english. and its a popular movie

There are other movie that has subtitle while Indians speak in their language. I forgot that title. Opps!!! The best one I ever seen.

I'm confused.. why do you assume hearing hate subtitles? there are a lot of movies out there where languages that hearing don't know are spoken, so subtitles are used..

Look at Lord OF the rings triology for example.. THe various languages that are used in those movies, especially the elven languages are subtitled.. and I have not seen ONE person complain about subtitles being used... So where did you get the idea that hearing hate subtitles?

I asked people on YahooAnswers about why foreign films aren't as successful as USA films...

We hear about Japan movies, winning awards...

But what about Spain, India, Hispanic, Russians, even Africans, why
their films aren't successfull? Why USA is the only succeeding everything...

James Bond, did UK made that? I don't know if the people in British
get Oscars and all

What about Music, are USA the only one make Hit Record with good talent?

Okay, the Beatles, Mick Jagger, David Bowie, and others...

But what about Africans, can they sing and make hit record in their
own language... Do Africa have someone like Toni Braxton, Mary J. Blige, or Ushers?

I don't understand why USA is successful in music and film business.

How come China can't make movie like Star Wars, Spiderman and stuff...?

And we Black people... Black films are hard to sell too...

Well the Color Purple is good...
but that was made by a white director...

Do we have a Black film that make over $100 million on opening weekend?

So how will Deaf film make it to Hollywood?

Back