Why Are Men Dominating the Debate About Birth Control for Women?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Actually, Alex, I didn't know what you meant, not being a mind-reader. Thanks for explaining.

Please just quote me and talk directly. There is no need to inject my name into your reply. To do so feels like I am being talked down to. :ty:

Please just quote me and talk directly. There is no need to inject my name into your reply. To do so feels like I am being talked down to. :ty:
It's that generational thing again. We oldsters are used to addressing those to whom we speak. It has nothing to do with talking down to someone. :lol:

No, Actually, Alex, I didn't know what you meant, not being a mind-reader. Thanks for explaining.

Amazing, a non-mindreader who attempted at mind reading a non-mind reader. Happens a lot around here.

It's that generational thing again. We oldsters are used to addressing those to whom we speak. It has nothing to do with talking down to someone. :lol:

So why do you not do it?

Also, it has less to do with generational issues and more to do with good forum etiquette. 99.9% of people on this website simply quote a person and then respond directly.

So why do you not do it?
Sometimes I do. I guess I've gotten used to the format here.

It also seems weird to me to address people by their screen names, especially ones that aren't capitalized or have numbers in them. That's just me.

Also, it has less to do with generational issues and more to do with good forum etiquette. 99.9% of people on this website simply quote a person and then respond directly.
That's the most efficient way but I don't think other ways are violations of etiquette.

Most annoying to me are replies that neither quote the post nor identify to whom they are addressed. That has caused some misunderstandings and unintentional slights. At least if someone uses your name you know that the post is intended for you. :D

Most annoying to me are replies that neither quote the post nor identify to whom they are addressed. That has caused some misunderstandings and unintentional slights. At least if someone uses your name you know that the post is intended for you. :D

Yes, I agree completely. Not using the quote button is really annoying and poor etiquette.

I don't vote for candidates by sex.

Last election I voted for a candidate for governor who happened to be a woman.

No argument there, none of the candidates I've seen are anything to write home about.

:hmm: So you had no trouble understanding what I meant? Even though you couldn't read my mind???? Wow, the others had me convinced I was speaking in tongues. Thanks for restoring my confidence in my ability to convey written information. :ty:

:hmm: So you had no trouble understanding what I meant? Even though you couldn't read my mind???? Wow, the others had me convinced I was speaking in tongues. Thanks for restoring my confidence in my ability to convey written information. :ty:

Maybe reading between the lines is an art lost beyond recovery. :(

They just want you to keep writing so that they can keep reading.

:wave:

I am noting the irony of men dominating a thread started by a woman about an article about men dominating the birth control debate.

I am noting the irony of men dominating a thread started by a woman about an article about men dominating the birth control debate.

And yet not a one has said anything anti-BC......you should be thrilled.

Clearly an oversight. It's time for your taxes to be raised so we can have some new weaponry around my house.

My husband was saving for a new pistol. Now that he's looking for a job, that money had to go for utilities. UNFAIR. We shouldn't have to choose between our second amendment rights and electricity.

:giggle:

How does this in any way relate to the real issues facing women and unwanted pregnancies in this world today? According to the World Health Organization, 1/4 of all babies born on this planet are unwanted babies that women were forced to have because other people think they have a right to control women and their bodies and this is resulting in millions of children going hungry because the very same people, due to religious/chauvinistic beliefs , forcing women to have them won't help feed those babies nor shelter them.

It's unreal that you, a woman, are completely oblivious and indifferent to this and comparing demands for birth control coverage to something as trivial as your husband not being able to buy a gun because he has to pay the utility bill.

what's wrong with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back