Why Are Men Dominating the Debate About Birth Control for Women?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should any hospital be a 'religious-based business'. I think the patient should be able to determine which types of care they receive or refuse, not the hospital or staff. I think all hospitals should be equipped and ready to deliver any and all types of care possible.

You have a choice in hospitals here and again I think you misunderstand the mandate. It's about forcing religious based businesses to pay for contraceptive coverage for others...not care. And IMO our constitution prohibits this. We will have to see if the courts agree.

You have a choice in hospitals here and again I think you misunderstand the mandate. It's about forcing religious based businesses to pay for contraceptive coverage for others...not care. And IMO our constitution prohibits this. We will have to see if the courts agree.

No, I don't misunderstand, I was expanding on "religious based businesses" and what you and kokonut think may lie in wait for them. This mandate, the ensuing debates and talk of exemptions has always had me wondering whether hospitals should be religion-based at all

No, I don't misunderstand, I was expanding on "religious based businesses" and what you and kokonut think may lie in wait for them. This mandate, the ensuing debates and talk of exemptions has always had me wondering whether hospitals should be religion-based at all

Not all of them are... Not sure how cutting charity out of a burdened system would be a good thing either. :dunno:

If I am reading it correctly, this is exactly what I was talking about. A hospital and its staff should have all possible medicines, services and procedures available and they should be ready to use them all in their role as health care provider. It is then up to the patient to determine which ones they will or will not accept for themselves. I applaud a health care professional who puts their own religious beliefs second to the care and beliefs of their patient.

If I am reading it correctly, this is exactly what I was talking about. A hospital and its staff should have all possible medicines, services and procedures available and they should be ready to use them all in their role as health care provider. It is then up to the patient to determine which ones they will or will not accept for themselves. I applaud a health care professional who puts their own religious beliefs second to the care and beliefs of their patient.

Yeah, true. Too bad, most non-religious doctors tend to argue with them because of their religious beliefs they disagree. :(

Mod note:

Religious discussion is off limits... this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back