Whos Deaf and can still talk?

:rofl: that's LOUD and CLEAR Sabrina!

Sabrina said:
My speech sounds like a monkey. I am proud myself Deaf. I do not give any shit what the hearing people think of me.

When they made fun of me. I can speak Fuck You perfectly .. They will drop dead ! :shock:

Hahahahahahahaha girl, you rock as always!

Sabrina said:
My speech sounds like a monkey. I am proud myself Deaf. I do not give any shit what the hearing people think of me.

When they made fun of me. I can speak Fuck You perfectly .. They will drop dead ! :shock:

:rofl: with tears!

GO GIRL!!! YOU ROCK!!! YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO MAKE ME LAUGH AND PEE AS WELL!!! OMFG!!!
i can't even hold my water bottle! sheesh! :lol:

i am very profound deaf... my speech is almost perfect thanks to a wonderful speech therapist who worked with me around the clock ... although i need to practice on my voice... but if there is a word or two that i can't comprehend or even annunciate... either ill write it down OR ill have them write it down... it is not a big deal... so there!

EDIT: i am also a very good lipreader as well!

I am proundly deaf, but I can talk VERY little. If hearing comes to me or ask me something I usually nod my head and smile haha...but most of times I tell them I'm deaf, they would say Oh I'm sorry. Or sometime they will smile and write down on a paper for me. I don't mind for that, but sometime I want them to speak slowly so I could read lips because I need to learn some more to read lips.

I am profoundly deaf since birth, fitted with aids at 18 months, and can speak fairly well. Many people always thought i was hearing or hard of hearing cuz i could speak so well, but i always say no i am profoundly deaf and cannot hear anything with no aids. They are always surprised or shocked..

born deaf but has been in speech therapy for 18 yrs then went on my own and i still speak to my family the only time i couldn't speak to them was when i had a severe case of the strep throat and so mom had to deal with the signing and it was hard for her but i commend her for her effort. I speak like i was never deaf, but whenever i misprounce something they help me make sure i say it right. and then i am now faced with a challenge. Hawaiian accents and its prouncations OMG those are HARD but im doing my best :)

im deaf as well since birth -- can talk when i FEEL like it (there are days when i dont feel like using my voice talking to hearies) -- im alright in lipreading me thinks -- definately have a "deaf accent" tho

Fly Free said:
im deaf as well since birth -- can talk when i FEEL like it (there are days when i dont feel like using my voice talking to hearies) -- im alright in lipreading me thinks -- definately have a "deaf accent" tho

I love you, you know that?! I love your atitude.."I'll wear my HA's when I FUCKIN' FEEL LIKE IT! I'll TALK when I FUCKIN' feeling like it!" :laugh2:

You go, gurl!

You rock!

:rofl:

Oceanbreeze said:
I love you, you know that?! I love your atitude.."I'll wear my HA's when I FUCKIN' FEEL LIKE IT! I'll TALK when I FUCKIN' feeling like it!" :laugh2:

You go, gurl!

You rock!

:rofl:

heheh yep Oceangurl! Thanks! :thumb: ;)

I can talk pretty well. My Mother and Grandad worked hard with me to make sure I could. I lipread quite well too, but it is hard work, so if I can't understand someone I tell them I am deaf when I ask them for what I need to understand better. Sometimes I need them to keep their head still, or speak more clearly or slower, or keep their hands away from face etc. Sometimes I still can't tell what they say, for example men with very fuzzy beard - I can't tell even one word then! So I have to just say "I'm sorry, I can't understand what you're saying - I'm Deaf" I don't ask people to write things down, unless I have to. If that's the only way though, then I will, sure. Sign is always easiest of all of course though!

Sabrina said:

:rofl: I second that.

Try say "Nice hall" since it looks like A$$ hole.

I think it's cool that some deaf people can use their voice to communicate with others!

I lack in this department as Malfy and Coffeeeman will know, though I can speak little Norwegian by voice. Very, very little! For some reason, Norwegian prouniciations is easier for me to learn than English is.

I also feel a little uncomforable when I meet a well-speaking deaf person who lets her or his bitterness show, "Oh, I speak well.. but I've been crucified by other deafies for doing that," and then gives me a cynical look, like daring me to do the same. I am always unsure what to say, except to just say good. Just because others haven't treated you decently just because you can do something well doesn't mean I will. You know? Everyone is different :)

Liza said:
I also feel a little uncomforable when I meet a well-speaking deaf person who lets her or his bitterness show, "Oh, I speak well.. but I've been crucified by other deafies for doing that," and then gives me a cynical look, like daring me to do the same. I am always unsure what to say, except to just say good. Just because others haven't treated you decently just because you can do something well doesn't mean I will. You know? Everyone is different :)

I understand totally how you feel, I feel the same way in somewhat with sign language, There are deaf people whom signs such better than I do. I do get uncomfortable at times knowing that I cannot sign as good as they can because I really don't use signs very much only when I am around the deaf communities. And you are correct, everyone is different. It doesn't bother me that there are deaf people out there who cannot speak clearly. It never had been an issue and it will not be an issue either. ;)

Deaf Speech

I became deaf at age 10 from the measles, so I had an excellent start. But I KNOW I have a "deaf voice" and I don't KID MYSELF like some people do. When meeting someone new, I explain that I read lips, etc. and wait and see what happens. Most people are very nice, but there are always those few who get this scared, deadpan look on their faces and cannot get away fast enough! OR they say, "Oh, never mind!" That's very rude!

Norwegian prouniciations is easier for me to learn than English is
Well English is a very hard language. I am rather well known for mispronouncing everything in the English language I suck at pronoucning stuff...I tend to pronounce it phoneticly (the way it looks on paper)

I speak differently for various reasons, but not with a deaf accent. Most people think I am a foriegner which is cool, but I have a CI and can understand most anything they say, and what I miss I lipread. I use a combination of the two all the time.

I was found moderatly HI at age 2.5 and started speaking then so I do have some problems fully understanding people with just the CI (developmental stuff)

Back