Who wears hearing aids?

Which one do you use?

• Total voters
dhw5320 said:
I desperately need new earmolds tho, Mine are currently 6 years old.

Ew.

How often should you get new earmolds? I know on the Listen-Up site they say to get new earmolds as often as shoe size changes, but that's for kids. My feet have stopped growing.....how often should I get new earmolds?

Raging Quiet said:
i change my earmoles as soon as they change colour, maybe every six months

Yep that's what i heard too... that sounds about right.

deafdyke said:
How often should you get new earmolds? I know on the Listen-Up site they say to get new earmolds as often as shoe size changes, but that's for kids. My feet have stopped growing.....how often should I get new earmolds?
What's the address to that Listen Up site if you dont mind?

I have beeeeeeen 40 years wearing old time of old fashion hearing aids huge size box 2 1/2 w x 4 to today BTE since birth. never take off. Cuz I like to hear anything. They think i am hard of hearing. yes it is part of half hard of hearing and other side total profoundly deaf.... But my two BTE hearing aids is almost 9 years by VCR pay me to get it. Those are not digitals.. I knew it is very expansive brand new digital BTE hearing aid cost u for $2,000 PER EACH. That I cannot afford for getting two hearing aids! Becuase my insurance is not accept... Only baby to 18 yrs old can accept to getting hearing aids and not adults and senoirs. Plus it can accept for Cochlear Implant. I feel we are not fair for this not right. we are adult and senoir citzen NEED it badly... Now our deaf people complain about our right to get new hearing aids for our insurance since struggle with that our stupid insurance. It have been rumor about it.... ::::::::::sigh:::::::::: not fair...

I will be getting high power hearing aids by oticon on monday. I hope they do work for me. Are the BTE part bigger? I am wearing oticon ones know too but they are BTE also. Write Back Soon
Leah

My son is wearing hearing aids of PHONAK make.He is 90 db hearing loss and giving good responses but services of phonak agent in India is not good, therefore, we are thinking of changing the make.

Fly Free said:
yea i wore body aids in elem school then changed to BTEs in 3 or 4th grade

I did too....Wore body worn aid from 2 yrs old up to 3rd grade..then I started wearing BTEs in 3rd grade and used this kind ever since. :)

Right now I have two high power Beltone BTE, I tried digital but I wasn't happy with the sound so I stayed with analog.
Will try again in a few years.
I also think changing HA every two years is a rip-off.

You have them as long as they work, I am not going to make someone rich of my naivety.

I used to have Oticon, Siemens, now Beltone and I think they are all about the same.

Fuzzy

Miss Pinnocio, I thought that a BCHA was a HA...just a modifyed HA. I think by other it was referring to tactile device or whatever. It's a special purpose aid.

huh? *turning up the volume on my hearing aid* :laugh2: I wear both hearing aids but one isn't working due to my doggy chewing up my earmold :rl: hmm.. it must taste good to him :barf:

deafdyke said:
Miss Pinnocio, I thought that a BCHA was a HA...just a modifyed HA. I think by other it was referring to tactile device or whatever. It's a special purpose aid.

yeah, it is whatever. :lol:

I have a pair of Siemens Prisma Power Digital Hearing Aids, a bit old by now I guess but they sure work good for me! Besides I didn't pay for them, my audiologist did and it costed over $4,800!! :shock:

Before that, I only wore those stupid bulky and always tangling 'hearing aids' at schools as it was required and I sure hated them... :(

Back