Who wears hearing aids?

Which one do you use?

• Total voters
I've wore analog hearing aids since I was two years old. I have bilateral profound hearing loss. When I first got them, I was so embarassed because people would stare and ask what was it, so I'd hide them in my pocket and fold my ears. I had those things that cover up the bigger part of the hearing aid because I was always turning up the sound. I still do that. I only wear one hearing aid, but I'm looking forward to trying the digital ones.
:smash:

Dave J. said:
I wear 2 bte Oticon high power aids and have had them for 4 years without any major problems. They have worked very well for me.

I wear 1 high powered Oticon BTE in the right ear, and none in the left ear (I used to wear one in the left but hearing had gone down when I was 14, and that was in 1984)....I have been wearing hearing aids since age 2.

deafdyke -- ahh with u being a kid and playing rough that would do it -- i played rough when i was a kid and they didnt break :confused: interesting

Replace every 2 years? That's bullsh-t. I read that every 5 years should be replaced because of new techology improvements. It's not because of the mechanicals getting old or anything. Every 2 years? I smell the dough rolling.

hi i wear hearing aids but not all day to take out if tired , sick, or water in ears let ears dry. my ear infection are gone. my dr clean my ears because public aid won't approve to make molds not for every 6 months only one time a year. so my audiolgoist put a chemcial gel on molds last summer that is why i got ear infection. until last month finally to have new molds made cuz of public aid wait for one year not 6 months that sucks cuz my molds do get squeaking less than a year to get new molds every time... cochlear implant have no molds but expensive...... i heard from friend who got surgery with it on head with shaving hair. ... email me if u want to anyone about this. cuz i am not gonna read people replies after my reply ok have fun everywhere big smile.

I wear digital - Senso Diva to be excact. I have sensoneuial hearing loss as well. Everytime i get sick and go on antibiotics my hearing gets worse, especially in my left ear. Oh well. I've had mine since 2000, i probably have to get new ones soon.

hearing aid replacement

iv e had my bte s for nearly 2 yrs now and was told by my audio guy in the uk that they shud last for ten yrs or so if they are looked after so i dont anticipate changing mine any sooner unless an improved model is brought out and at the end of the day there is nothing in an hearing aid ie micro circuits that havent been around for yrs so i wonder if some of thiis is just audio guys making a quick buck

dont have money for hearing aids in USA

I have not had any since I was a teen but mostly because they simply sit there and do nothing at the time they were not the digital quality they have today but at my age now I am afraid I may not have a trainable mind for them I am so use to not having them do they really work for severe loss I have my doubts.

I have 2 hearing aids to wears all the time, the hearing aids is make from Untron. it come from Toronto, Canada

i used wore hearing aids but it not work rite now.. i am waiting for new replace but VR taken forever to appove it so VR will pay me brand new one i not sure what kind yet..

I've had my current hearing aids since 1990. Got a free pair from NTID but they are BIG BTE ones that sound better but I hate wearing them because of size.

I desperately need new earmolds tho, Mine are currently 6 years old.

Two years? Bull-pucky! I had a couple of analog behind the ear aids that lasted me 12 years and then I sent them in to be refurbished with new transistors and they lasted a few years more! Or like Katzie would say with in a Bostonian half-moan: moa'h! hehe

i wore them everydays for my half decades it help me to hear better and able to speak well if i need anything without interepreter. i'm no accusation of between hear and no hear :smoking:

Back