Who wears hearing aids?

Which one do you use?

• Total voters
karab95 said:
I have a pair of Siemens Prisma Power Digital Hearing Aids, a bit old by now I guess but they sure work good for me! Besides I didn't pay for them, my audiologist did and it costed over $4,800!! :shock:

Before that, I only wore those stupid bulky and always tangling 'hearing aids' at schools as it was required and I sure hated them... :(

I tried the digital hearing aids and I didn't like it.. not being able to hear the sounds all around you.. does it do that to you?

lol...I know what you mean...that Bone Conduction aid is weird looking isn't it?
I have some friends who wear that aid...but surprisingly I don't even thou I have the type of loss for it!

deafdyke said:
lol...I know what you mean...that Bone Conduction aid is weird looking isn't it?
I have some friends who wear that aid...but surprisingly I don't even thou I have the type of loss for it!

yeah it is weird looking, people stare at my bone conductor than my face.

Actually RebelGirl, it does give me a very good sense of direction, I can hear behind, to the left or right, and even over me, something called Omnidirectional mikes. It literally instantly helped me to interact with the hearing world so much easier, so easy that at one time when they were broken (I sweat alot when I'm traveling in hot and humid areas) only then I realised how deaf I was ( I considered myelf HoH before then). I do understand what you mean by some of the digital hearing aids being directional or mono, but not mines, have you tried specifically the Siemens Primsa P (Power)? It's currently 2nd top-of-the-line in the Siemens lines of digital hearing aids I think. Siemens' newest release called A-something has a stupid talking computer chip inside it and talks to you whenever you do something to it or if the battery goes low or whatever, which is annoying and on top of that it's bigger and more visible than the older Prisma series. I know it works for some and yet it doesn't work for some...

Breezy said:

LOL You should've seen the one I am wearing now. :) I had this earmold for a long time too. :) I am glad I am getting new ones when my new hearing aid comes in soon. :)

I am getting the full shell earmolds this time....this is the kind I've always wore for years until my last audie (not this one I went to recently) made a "canal" type of earmold. In short, I like the full shell earmolds the best than the canal ones -- they have better suction. :)

I wear both hearing aid & a colear implant. I also can talk, but I also know sign langage, too. I use it for fun and I teach sign lang. to all my friends, exspeically the bad words! They love it, lol. I taught my friends the sign b/c so they can know about me & it works. I have ton of friends, I never shut up! LOL.

I wear a hearing aid for my left ear and the hearing aid is a unison unitron kind and it is $700.00 hearing aid and it is blue the hearing aid and it is see through and the ear mold is swirled in blue,green,orange.
It is a soft ear mold and I got the hearing aid march 30th 2005 and I got my first hearing aid in october 2001 and it was a loaner aid and so i didn't own it and i was borrowing it and now i own my own hearing aid and i got my first hearing aid at 16 years old.

my hearing loss is 40 to 50 db loss.
I have a mild to moderate hearing loss.

I don't wear anything right now. I can't afford a digital aid and the regular ones (analog) I've had don't work really well b/c they distort stuff so much.

I wear 2 Widex Diva BTE for moderately severe to profound loss. Worn HAs for 15 years.

I wear 2 hearing aids all my life since I was 6 months old baby till now.

When i went to clinic for testing on my ears till the lady talking about Cochlear Implants to my mom then My mom asked me about it and i told her no thanks and I want wear hearing aids it is good enough as i can hear as well

I know it is too early to waering old fashion hearing aids when i was 6 months old baby cuase of my mom want me to wear it to hear it i cant blame her as i love to hearing from the sound lol

Hmmmmm...I still wear stupid hearing aid that never help much. It only increase the volume, not clarifying the voices and speeches. ARGH! I used to wear both hearing aids but my left only has monotone so all I hear is silly telephone tone. I now wear only right hearing aid. As speaking of high power hearing aid, how much and where do I might get it for that digital kind?? :Oops:

Whitewolf1970 said:
Hmmmmm...I still wear stupid hearing aid that never help much. It only increase the volume, not clarifying the voices and speeches. ARGH! I used to wear both hearing aids but my left only has monotone so all I hear is silly telephone tone. I now wear only right hearing aid. As speaking of high power hearing aid, how much and where do I might get it for that digital kind?? :Oops:

Find an audiologist who seems to know what they're about. I think the younger ones have a good finger on the emerging technologies. I wear two digital Senso Divas. If your hearing really affects your job, you may be able to get a state vocational agency to pay for them.

DarrenD said:
Find an audiologist who seems to know what they're about. I think the younger ones have a good finger on the emerging technologies. I wear two digital Senso Divas. If your hearing really affects your job, you may be able to get a state vocational agency to pay for them.

Mmmm..interesting. I might ask the new audiologist about this Senso Divas hearing aids. I used to wear Widex but the stupid medi-cal doesn't pay for that brand anymore. <sigh> Thanks, Darren. :gpost:

Nancy said:
I wear 1 high powered Oticon BTE in the right ear, and none in the left ear (I used to wear one in the left but hearing had gone down when I was 14, and that was in 1984)....I have been wearing hearing aids since age 2.

ahhhhhhhhhhh Oticon which I hate!!! cause it annoying the noise sound like so high pinch!! make me dizzy that I dont wear that for like on and off for 2 or 3 yrs it give me dizzy till finally got new hearing aids much better it is unrion :) for 5 or 6 yrs ago so now I am thinking about to get new hearing aids of Ponak (spelling) :)

I have two BTE by Beltone, analogs, for they were the smallest so I liked them. Pretty good except a tiny bit oo weak for some phones.

Fuzzy

I wear behind-the-ear hearing aid since I was 2 years old. I just brought new ones last week and will get them on the 28th of april~ I'm eligable for CI.. Can't wait!! :)
God bless Everyone

Back