Who wear hearing aid? one or two?

I wear one analog hearing aid on my right ear.

Wore two hearing aids growing up but when I reached adulthood, they werent covered anymore and everything had to be paid out of my pocket so I went without HAs for 4 years due to not having any money to pay for them. Just got that one 4 years ago.

I had two Digital Oticon SUMO's. BTE hearing aids. Very good hearing aids. But I recently changed to two Digitial BTE Siemens Centra's. Very nice hearing aids. Sound quailty is great. I looked into getting CI but that would end my FAA medical and not good for skydiving either.. (I often hit my head on door on exit or get kicked in face / head by the legs of the jumper(s) I'm following out door..I see "stars" sometimes after getting hit) CI implant isn't worth the risk for my hobby / life style.

I'm very pleased with the Siemens Centra digital hearing aids. Plus my insurance pays 100% of the cost for new hearing aids for each ear once every year. great deal.

Need FAA medical to keep my pilots license current. and... every time I see someone with a CI implant I think of them as a "Borg" "Resistance is futile" You will be assimilated ......

My hearing aids history. I am honest with you.

My parents found it out I am deaf from doctor. When I was 16 months old. I had a hearing tubes surgery twice times.

I got 2 mini bte when I was 2 years old. I hide them somewhere. My mom looked for my HA. They got me another new 2 analog HA. I can't remember what it was brand name. I wore a bra with corded once time. I hate it! It was pain in the ass. I told my parents I want to get back on BTE.

I wore 2 bte ha since I was 2 until 10.

late 1992 to late 1995-I stopped wear them because I joined to Deaf School. I was sick of kids always play shout real loud. I became a shy to wear them. I was so stupid to destroyed my old HA. Because they weren't help me enough to hear.

1996-I got a new one HA in my right ear brand was analog oticon. I rented for HA. Because my parents weren't afford to get another HA. I used to cover my hair down. I never show my family and cousins of my HA what I wore. I was being a silly to be shy.

1999 to 2000-I rented a new oticon one BTE in my right ear. After I graduated from High School. I had a sinus infection and blocked my ears. After I got surgery. My old VR bought me a new Phonak Analog 2 BTE. I like to hear with 2 HA than one.

2000 until now- Phonak Analog 2 bte. I always get off and on all the times. Now I am wearing them more than before. I am plan to get a new HA. I don't know if Digital would be work for me. I will ask to my audiologist when I see her.

Starky make's a high powered CIC. They are the only ones that have high power CIC. I wear em and they don't sound any different than my BTE oticons
Wow........they must be VERY high powered. I wore ITEs back in jr high. Thought I could hear with them, but was mostly just lipreading. Thank gawd for that audi at Mass. Eye and Ear who had me try on a BTE.....Most dinkie aids aren't powerful enough to aid more then a mild loss.

Oh, and I've worn two BTE HAs since I was three. My current ones are PURPLE and they are Oticon Tego Pro.

Wear HA for both ears, digial. Oticon SynchroP. I hear most things OK I guess, understanding is another subject. If noisy I have a hard time understanding person and have to make sure good eye to lip contact. I can hear on phone sometimes, but if any noises not at all. My HA's are "clear/translucent" color BTE models. I only wear HA's for 2 yrs now; I did have perfect hearing until I was 21 (now 30)

interesting. thank you hohDRN for sharing this topic.

I wear two Phonak Naida V Ultra Power digital BTE's. Before them I had Phonak Savia Art 311's. Before that I don't remember! I have been using hearing aids since I was 2, but I took a break from them for 6 years from when I was 12-18.

I wear 1 hearing aid, in my right ear. It's Phonak Supero digital. Was trying Phonak's new Naida hearing aid, but I've been having problems with it and am STILL waiting for a replacement.

I wear 1 hearing aid, in my right ear. It's Phonak Supero digital. Was trying Phonak's new Naida hearing aid, but I've been having problems with it and am STILL waiting for a replacement.

Your bte is cool! I like the Zebra one. :) But I prefer to have a black or pink. I don't know yet.

C'mon- get HA that suites your style & personality

Ohh yeah! I am plan to get a new HA. I don't know when. I have to see my VR counselor soon. I love the style than boring beige. Are you deaf or hard of hearing?

L ear 95-110 db, R ear 100-110 db loss. I want to try hard to communicate fair when in social environment best I can. I am learning and doing better than few years ago. I still get frustrated when I tell somebody something and then they automatically assume I can hear them. I had perfect hearing until I was 21, so speech is ok for me. At home I just go strait deaf with no HA's.

L ear 95-110 db, R ear 100-110 db loss. I want to try hard to communicate fair when in social environment best I can. I am learning and doing better than few years ago. I still get frustrated when I tell somebody something and then they automatically assume I can hear them. I had perfect hearing until I was 21, so speech is ok for me. At home I just go strait deaf with no HA's.

Ouch! How did you get hearing loss cause from? Do you know sign language?? I want to say Welcome to AllDeaf for all deaf and hard of hearing. :)

My both ears are 90db since I was born. I used to know speech but I lack it for reason. Now, I am going to Speech Therapy for school this fall. My husband is hearing and know sign language. He have a stutter problem sometime.

I had severe adverse reaction due to vancomycin toxicity when I had very bad infection.

I don't wear hearing aids, they both broke 1 and half years ago.

I had severe adverse reaction due to vancomycin toxicity when I had very bad infection.

That's explained! Do you accept being a deaf? Or not? If you're not accept. I can understand how you feeling. My nephew have a hearing loss real bad. He has a LVAS. It part of pressure in his ears. He isn't accept to be deaf yet. He is still learning sign languages. His mom isn't support him and teach him how to sign languages. His mom wanted him to learn it from me. Whatever @ her! She need to support her son and teach him. It's her responsible not me.

I wear only one hearing aid... a digital hearing aid.

I did wear 2 hearing aids, but it never really helped with my right ear. So, I stayed with just one... since 3rd grade.

That's explained! Do you accept being a deaf? Or not? If you're not accept. I can understand how you feeling. My nephew have a hearing loss real bad. He has a LVAS. It part of pressure in his ears. He isn't accept to be deaf yet. He is still learning sign languages. His mom isn't support him and teach him how to sign languages. His mom wanted him to learn it from me. Whatever @ her! She need to support her son and teach him. It's her responsible not me.

Well.....at first I was devistated because I was just about to finish college for RN degree, so I was fearfull of if it was all waste of school. It eventually motivated me to work the hardest, learn the most, be the most skilled, and best nice coworker and help other staff. I worked real hard for 6 years and have mutual respect of all the Physicians and staff for my effort. I did get hospital "employee of year" so I was like flattered and cry with greatfulness that God has helped me to succeed. Now I want to go back to grad school for more. So....to answer your Q the rest of way- I just feel second nature and rarely think about how "it used to be"

Well.....at first I was devistated because I was just about to finish college for RN degree, so I was fearfull of if it was all waste of school. It eventually motivated me to work the hardest, learn the most, be the most skilled, and best nice coworker and help other staff. I worked real hard for 6 years and have mutual respect of all the Physicians and staff for my effort. I did get hospital "employee of year" so I was like flattered and cry with greatfulness that God has helped me to succeed. Now I want to go back to grad school for more. So....to answer your Q the rest of way- I just feel second nature and rarely think about how "it used to be"

I understand how do you feeling. I am sorry about your hearing loss. Do you think you can still work for RN Nurse?? If you want to be continue work. May you would like to get a cochlear implant because of your hearing loss a lot than I am. Do you have other career for future?

Back