Who uses self service checkout in stores?

How Much is price per Gallon? $3 right? Delivery Service is around $2.50 So you Save 50 cents.Plus they do the work shop for you while you watch Wheel Of Fortune.

Buckdodgers said:
Its Better then feeding money to Mobil & Exxon greedy CEOs
Simple, don't go to Mobile or Exxon. Go elsewhere.

Also, if you think it's better to have someone deliver to your door instead.. what if they are using Mobil or Exxon for their gas? If that's the case and you're still letting them deliver to your door, wouldn't that be like you endorsing them for picking Exxon or Mobile as their gas of preference?

Buckdodgers said:
How Much is price per Gallon? $3 right? Delivery Service is around $2.50 So you Save 50 cents.Plus they do the work shop for you while you watch Wheel Of Fortune.
Do the math...

$2.50 delivery charge for a 10-mile trip. $3 per gallon for a car that runs at 25 miles per gallon. You actually spent $1.20 if you drove yourself. :)

Im not a chickenshit if the person have a problem then fight back, do never back down just because your deaf or whatsoever.. I will go up in the front with the casher and do my thing.... Pay it and then go on what Im doing next, no used to back out because the next time you need to go thru the line in the front, then they are going to keep on doing it and think it's okay for them to pick people like that... Remember the michine has only certain amount of limits you can scan meaning food, clothes, etc.. so thats fine but if you overdo it then you have to go in the line... and pay for it the other way..... I don't care which I go thru as long as I get my stuff... then Im happy with it......

I never back down and if the person has a promblem then report it to the manger or someone.... So far people have been great with me! Hope things will turn good for ya'll :)

Try Complaining to the IRS and theyre laugh at you.Try Complaining to the Phone Company and theyre laugh at you.Try Complaining to the Cable Company and theyre laugh at you.Try Complaining to the Post office and theyre laugh at you.And ever you complain to the manager at the store he will say,,Ok were take care of it..,,Then when you leave his office out to parking lot he falls down laughing.So it doesnt work..If you dont like to deal with cashiers then go to machines at least they dont give you trouble.

Buckdodgers said:
Try Complaining to the IRS and theyre laugh at you.Try Complaining to the Phone Company and theyre laugh at you.Try Complaining to the Cable Company and theyre laugh at you.Try Complaining to the Post office and theyre laugh at you.And ever you complain to the manager at the store he will say,,Ok were take care of it..,,Then when you leave his office out to parking lot he falls down laughing.So it doesnt work..If you dont like to deal with cashiers then go to machines at least they dont give you trouble.
Not everyone laughs. :roll:

hmm very interesting topic to come back to.. As a cashier I can tell you, im really siding with Vamp on the whole "people are idiots" idea.

I cashier for Home Depot, and I had to take about 20 hours training (including cashiering and other HD rules/regulations) in order to be put out on the register. But uhm, well I watch people at self check out (SCO, im lazy) and there are not only illiterate people but also people who just dont know what they're doing. However, I've offered to help people learn self check out (while at my register) because I say, if you have less than 5 small items why not? It really has improved the way sales occur.

Home Depot corporate sets a minimum requirement as to how much % of sales occur at each store for SCO purchases, anyone ever realize that? This is why they promote SCO so much, because if they fall behind the minimum requirement, they get reprimanded or trained to pull more sales to SCO. Despite idiocity we have to pull people to SCO.

Unrelated to SCO biz, i am SO tired of customers telling me how to cashier! :) I get people who point out the barcode thats quite obvious, tell me they have just one item when that is quite obvious! Or tell me how much something costs when Im trying to decide which barcode I'm supposed to use. (Sometimes they still have the UPS tag on it and people point at that and I say no thats not the correct one, they say well its 10.99..) Or bolts and nuts without barcodes (i know how to find them..) All the while I have 5 people in line looking at me like COME ON GET MOVING. As if the person in front of me is at no fault for asking me a bunch of unrelated questions and yelling at me like im 5... ;)

Imagine being at SCO with all that happening... I guess my point is, its a relief for regular cashiers to have people go to SCO, but I think people with large amounts of items and tiny tiny items should go to regular check out - its what i get paid for, right? ;)

I do. It's easy to check-out on your own instead of using regular check-out by cashiers who waste our time. They would pause and chat with co-worker about sad love story or chatting with a current customer before you. It's pretty lame and pretty naive. Once they installed the self-checkout aisle. I ran to it and done my job. Phhhoooey!

I am a big fan of self check-out asiles at Wal mart, etc. I hate going to cashiers and not be able to understand OR having to explain to them that I am deaf on frequent basis, which I totally DREADS!!

pinkster said:
hmm very interesting topic to come back to.. As a cashier I can tell you, im really siding with Vamp on the whole "people are idiots" idea.

I cashier for Home Depot, and I had to take about 20 hours training (including cashiering and other HD rules/regulations) in order to be put out on the register. But uhm, well I watch people at self check out (SCO, im lazy) and there are not only illiterate people but also people who just dont know what they're doing. However, I've offered to help people learn self check out (while at my register) because I say, if you have less than 5 small items why not? It really has improved the way sales occur.

Home Depot corporate sets a minimum requirement as to how much % of sales occur at each store for SCO purchases, anyone ever realize that? This is why they promote SCO so much, because if they fall behind the minimum requirement, they get reprimanded or trained to pull more sales to SCO. Despite idiocity we have to pull people to SCO.

Unrelated to SCO biz, i am SO tired of customers telling me how to cashier! :) I get people who point out the barcode thats quite obvious, tell me they have just one item when that is quite obvious! Or tell me how much something costs when Im trying to decide which barcode I'm supposed to use. (Sometimes they still have the UPS tag on it and people point at that and I say no thats not the correct one, they say well its 10.99..) Or bolts and nuts without barcodes (i know how to find them..) All the while I have 5 people in line looking at me like COME ON GET MOVING. As if the person in front of me is at no fault for asking me a bunch of unrelated questions and yelling at me like im 5... ;)

Imagine being at SCO with all that happening... I guess my point is, its a relief for regular cashiers to have people go to SCO, but I think people with large amounts of items and tiny tiny items should go to regular check out - its what i get paid for, right? ;)
Yep. When I worked with Blockbuster Video, I went through hours and hours of training in every possible aspect of the job. I went through 8 to 10 hours worth of training each in loss prevention, customer service, cleaning, management, inventory, etc. Some of them were more than once since they were different levels. For instance, cashiers and managers have different types of customer service and loss prevention. It also depends on how long you work there. The longer you work there, the more training you get. I worked at Blockbuster Video for almost 5 years. I went through training almost every 2 or 3 months. They even have a college just for Blockbuster Video... Blockbuster University. There, you go through a weekend or a week of hardcore training so that you become certified with becoming a store manager, district manager, etc.

Unegawahya said:
I do. It's easy to check-out on your own instead of using regular check-out by cashiers who waste our time. They would pause and chat with co-worker about sad love story or chatting with a current customer before you. It's pretty lame and pretty naive. Once they installed the self-checkout aisle. I ran to it and done my job. Phhhoooey!
Would you be willing to do it yourself if you had a cart (or two) full of stuff?

VamPyroX said:
Would you be willing to do it yourself if you had a cart (or two) full of stuff?

Yeah. I did one and two carts full of goodies and still have been doing it. Depending on what our home needs are. :) And it's more fun than having to stand in a long line and then wait for the first customer to bicker with the cashier or the cashier chattin' off to the customer or co-workers.

Ahhhh, love it! :)

Yeah i use it at Wal-Mart Supercenter and love it..so much faster and
easier to use too...except for some dummies ahead of us who dont know how to use it and had to go get some clerk to help them with it and that just
delays us, geez. My husband likes it too cuz he can cuss at it and it dont respond back at him...LOL! just kidding.... so im all for it! :thumb:

I did its since then. Sometimes, I had been struggling with bar codes which wrinkle or smeared. Overrall? I likes self service - speed time, let my kids have fun time with its, and save clerk's saying "Have a nice day" what I can't hear LOL

VamPyroX said:
The only thing I have against people who use self checkout is that some of them are stupid and slow. They don't know how to ready instructions... makes me wonder how many customers in Walmart are illiterate. If they are illiterate, they shouldn't be doing it themselves in the first place. If they drove to Walmart, then they had to have a license. In order to get a license, you have to be able to read the test that they provide at the DMV. :roll:

Sometimes, I'll be watching customers. They start scanning items and them hold the item in their other hand. Then they scan the next item. The screen says, "Please place item in bag." The customer doesn't bother looking at the screen and continues to try scanning the next item. They think the second item has been scanned, so they put both items in the bag. Since the second item wasn't properly scanned, the weight is off and the computer will detect an error since there's 2 items when there should be 1 in the bag. So the monitor will tell the customer to remove the unapproved item from the bag. Yet, the customer doesn't pay attention. I could go on and on... and I end up having to look for another available line.

Another thing, those self checkout lanes are for people who have under 20 items. Yet, there are customers who have 1 or 2 carts FULL of items... 100 to 200 things!!! Jeez! Can't they read? Sadly, they spent the next half hour scanning all the items. If they had gone to the other checkout lanes, they could cut their checkout time in half and be done. :roll:

I usually use those self checkout lanes when I have like 10 items or less. If I have more, I go to the regular checkout lanes.
Hey Vamp, :gpost:

The other day when mom and I went to WalMart to buy a shopping cart for carrying from apt. to grocery store, when we went to a self-service checkout, there's a lady using the SSC who have problems with her credit card transactions saying that her credit card declined and we didn't ask her about that. She kept using it and it just wasted our time! And man that sucks and we felt suspicious, so we go to another SSC with no problem, because we have money in our banks...just got me a feeling that the lady who used the credit card should have checked to see if she have suffecient funds available in her account via phone or Internet before she goes to WalMart...

But know what? I don't like saying things to the lady like... "C'mon...hurry up with your credit card..." or "woman you have insuffecient funds in your bank account...?" and that's just rude, so we went to another SSC, order the cart, and off we go. I know I sounded too impatient but...why do I have to sit and wait in line for the woman to complete her credit card transaction?

About ordering groceries online and having to deliver groceries to an apartment, there are none in Tallahassee. With Publix next to Albertsons close to the apartment, I can walk with a cart so it's not that far. For SSC I will have to look in those two stores to see who have SSC.

I liked using SCO when I have few things to buy. But the annoying thing is some people dont know how to use it or the computer breaks down which have had happened to me a few times *sigh*

SELF CHECK OUT AT STORES is nice, but bagging them is really pain in the ass even though if MILK or case of pop you can't even put in the bag and sometimes when you click skip bagging, they keep saying put the item in the bag. Also when you got something is really light, still keep saying put item in the bag, since the bagging part they weigh it and know you put something in the bag! Just simple SIT on the bagging area and keep the weigh down! LOL!

Back