Who is single here?

I'm single and have been for years. One of my exes tries to come back but I literally closed the door in his face. Felt good.

separated/divorcing here... spending a lot of time fixing my house so I can move soon. Met a few potentals but nothing serious yet. Good women are hard to find in todays world. Im in Missouri.

I am single and have been my whole life. Was once engaged, but it didn't work out, especially when she told me it was a pain in the ass to try to get my attention while I was either facing the other way, or walking away.

im single and i dont mind. Figured what ever happen, happens. Lots of people all around world have lived a singlel life and are happy. For some, all their lives and some are really happy. Its what you think of yourself that matters, if needy then its gonna be awful or depressing, if quite secure with yourself and likes doing what you like doing and actually going along, whats the harm about being single? sometimes Having a partner can actually make you more lonely, people have told me this, and many interesting stories but i cant say because i had them confined to me,and not all of these people were old either. Some just let it be, others chooses it, others just can't help it but it happens. Why beat yourself up about it? Be sensible about how you would meet, its better to wait than busting through all expenses of finance and emotions. Your emotions isnt to be toyed with, you own it, and you want happiness, you have rights to it, but also others too. I honesty dont have the guts for this sort of complexity, id rather be single and chase my own dreams than compromise it. Not really seflish, its more about knowing what is important for me, no body else. That's what counts.
I've share this much here, to hope it might give insight, something to digest for some who might feel similar, and there is nothing wrong with it. Lastly, for some or many of you might feel different, that's fine, its ok to want to be attached or more, to have commitments to share with someone, but realise that, to have is not the same as to be with. There is a difference, remember that.

While there are some people who are fine with being single and even embrace it, for the most part, humans like to have contact with other humans.

In addition, this is all reinforced by how we are brought up to believe in the get married and have children life to which we believe we are entitled. I do wish I had found that life, but I now realize that it was different for me because of my ability to communicate(for years, I refused to see this).

There is nothing wrong with being single, but I think genetically we are designed to seek out a mate/companion. It's a natural part of us that can't be avoided anymore than we can avoid food, it's our purpose in life.

So, I don't think I will ever stop thinking about dating or meeting people. It's not something you can turn on and off. I think you have to be more realistic about it, but you don't have to give it up.

I don't think grimmer was talking about giving up on finding a partner, but maybe rexamining motivations for wanting them in the first place. He touched on people staying in bad relationships that aren't doing anything for the people involved just for the sake of being with someone, so they're not alone. At least I think that's what he meant. I can totally get behind that idea. I stayed in a bad one for a very long time, for different reasons, but not necessarily better ones. I can also understand about what he's saying about looking for a relationship. The guy that broke my heart not long ago said something like he wants me to find someone, he wants to be invited to my wedding. dumbass, I told him, look I'm don't need A man, I'm not looking for A relationship, I'll be fine on my own. I hadn't been looking for another relationship on the first place. I wanted it because it was him. Know what I mean?

I don't think grimmer was talking about giving up on finding a partner, but maybe rexamining motivations for wanting them in the first place. He touched on people staying in bad relationships that aren't doing anything for the people involved just for the sake of being with someone, so they're not alone. At least I think that's what he meant. I can totally get behind that idea. I stayed in a bad one for a very long time, for different reasons, but not necessarily better ones. I can also understand about what he's saying about looking for a relationship. The guy that broke my heart not long ago said something like he wants me to find someone, he wants to be invited to my wedding. dumbass, I told him, look I'm don't need A man, I'm not looking for A relationship, I'll be fine on my own. I hadn't been looking for another relationship on the first place. I wanted it because it was him. Know what I mean?

I agree. Nobody should stay in a bad relationship, it's not healthy. My point is: You should still try to have good relationships. They may not all work out, but you can't give up on it all together. And, I think it is actually harder to give up all together because we are not built to be loners, we really want good lasting relationships.

I don't think he is wrong. I just have a different perspective.

Yea, I hated that some of my relationships failed. I also hated my first day at school when I was 5, but I made it through my bachelors degree too.

I agree. Nobody should stay in a bad relationship, it's not healthy. My point is: You should still try to have good relationships. They may not all work out, but you can't give up on it all together. And, I think it is actually harder to give up all together because we are not built to be loners, we really want good lasting relationships.

I don't think he is wrong. I just have a different perspective.

Yea, I hated that some of my relationships failed. I also hated my first day at school when I was 5, but I made it through my bachelors degree too.

in bold, i like the way you described this too, it does make me think again, but you see, i'm way too busy for a relationship, im doing a postgrad studies and so be doing a Masters, its something that take high priority and (getting in a relationship is a no-no, but it would be different if I was already in one (for a long time) that would be different, again holding it up with that level of studies can stll strain it, depending how good the relationship is, and how much your partner understand your dedication to such a long,difficult task of post-graduate/post-doctoral studies.

am i right though, that you're saying, it might be a bad start for a frist relationship, but Do try again, like learning to drive a car, just because you bunnyhopped on the first day learning to use the clutch doesnt mean you'd be always be a bad driver, or 'lame//normal drivers ability is'found'...vast improvement and sheer luck DO happen, so 'keep trying.

i can see that, so am i right there?
but i was saying, also that society norm can place a lot of needless pressure on people when formany people staying single might seem 'odd'. not always. An interesting thing about hollywood movies, even independent movies, commissioned films from other places have OFTEN showed characters as single, the audience seem to take it as 'normal' and wifes/ husband as a something of an 'boring character(s)' or bit 'too normal' to be on films, althought it has changed a bit, only a bit. Dramas revolving couples have came of age only in the recent decade or a bit, but what still remains strong is 'singles' think heroes, spies (minus Mr and Mrs Smith< that was deliberate to play on this very 'film norms' im thinking about right here) workers, lawyers, someone who did extraordinary thing and notice often at the many films of this types have ending credits which includes what those people are doing now, and often it says they have married and settled. Films was largely about people who HAVEN'T settled!...(and that includes me,) As I havent settled because im right in my study ok im not 20's im in my 40s but still not OLD, things might change for me who knows, but still its pretty late...oh well...and thats gotta take my part to accept this too, so hence my previous post above.
Films have quite different sets of what is 'reality', what is not, and often plays on it, just for sake of entertainment, people likes extraordinary stories, and many of these happened when people are singles simply because they had no committment to hold make from doing bold things.

last time i was posted somewhere lol...I am still single father...I am looking for a wonderful big heart woman. I'm male, 32

separated/divorcing here... spending a lot of time fixing my house so I can move soon. Met a few potentals but nothing serious yet. Good women are hard to find in todays world. Im in Missouri.

Several of my single female friends say the same thing about finding good men in todays world.

Just too bad...

Grummer, nobody likes those romance movies more than me and it is easy to think life is really that way, especially you have single couples constantly telling you about how they, "magically" met. However, if you think about it, those movies have to be an exaggeration, otherwise, they wouldn't make money. Whatever you see on TV, subtract 50% and that brings it down to a real hearing world, then subtract 10-15% and your in the deaf ball park.
Don't set the expectation too high.

In your case, you should be looking for someone, even more so because you now have more exposure due to school with women. It is in those situations were relationships happen(they don't happen when you sit home alone).

So, yes, don't ever think you are too busy to meet someone.

Several of my single female friends say the same thing about finding good men in todays world.

Just too bad...

It goes both ways, men are looking for good women too. We look for women who are not heavy drug users; have some type of income so they can support themselves; are not so far in debt they are ducking their landlord; are not living in domestic violence situations; and are not living an unhealthy lifestyle.

Good quality women are hard to find as well...

Guess you could say I've been divorced for several months now & just re-discovering myself. :)

Of course still remaining hopeful there is at least good guys left in this world. :) Can't expect a perfect guy nope... but knowing my heart's still have a lot of love in me to try again and give Love another try and hope to find Mr. Right (not Mr. Perfect!) :)

Went through a meetup scam last week. Woman was posing as a deaf person looking for dates. You've got to be careful out there. Check the sources, do the homework.

Back