Who here is a vegeterian or a meat eater?

LOL.. Actually a vegetarian means not eating meat at all. Can eat veggies, tofu, nuts, all those healthy stuff. A meat eater means eating meat along with other veggies and stuff.

Most people opt to be a vegetarian for various reasons. One is they think it is wrong to eat animals. Other reasons could be because they cannot stand eating meat. Or maybe because they have heart problems and dr ordered them to stop eating meat. (Meat is actually bad for your heart if you eat too much of meat)

Red meat is good iron for you, lots of people on weight watcher recommend to eat red meat to be included in their diet!!

butterflygal said:
LOL.. Actually a vegetarian means not eating meat at all. Can eat veggies, tofu, nuts, all those healthy stuff. A meat eater means eating meat along with other veggies and stuff.

Most people opt to be a vegetarian for various reasons. One is they think it is wrong to eat animals. Other reasons could be because they cannot stand eating meat. Or maybe because they have heart problems and dr ordered them to stop eating meat. (Meat is actually bad for your heart if you eat too much of meat)

huh-uh

for being vegetarian, they are against to eat any animal, the creative living thing. That included not drink milk from the cow!

weekend said:
huh-uh

for being vegetarian, they are against to eat any animal, the creative living thing. That included not drink milk from the cow!

That's VEGAN! there are different type of vegetarian. For Vegan people, they are against red meat, any dairy, and refuse wear FURS.

weekend said:
huh-uh

It is not vegetarian, you mean vegan, its different, they don't eat dairy ~ cheese, milk etc

Lasza said:
That's VEGAN! there are different type of vegetarian. For Vegan people, they are against red meat, any dairy, and refuse wear FURS.

Yes, you beat me by one second !!! That's correct

Lasza said:

good for you, umm... lady.

ehm, i eat both meat and vegetables. i usually bless my food before i consume it, and thank the animals and plants for giving their lives to give me mine. typical native american way, i believe. i couldnt be a vegetarian since i hate nuts, and i would have no source of protein to rely on. show me new sources of protein that doesnt involve meat or nuts, and i'll be a vegetarian instantly! :D

Some people still worry about the ease with which a vegetarian diet can provide all essential nutrients. The fact is, it is very easy to have a well-balanced diet with vegetarian foods. Vegetarian foods provide plenty of protein. Careful combining of foods is not necessary. Any normal variety of plant foods provides more than enough protein for the body’s needs. Although there is somewhat less protein in a vegetarian diet than a meat-eater’s diet, this is actually an advantage. Excess protein has been linked to kidney stones, osteoporosis, and possibly heart disease and some cancers. A diet focused on beans, whole grains, and vegetables contains adequate amounts of protein without the “overdose” most meat-eaters get.

Calcium is easy to find in a vegetarian diet. Many dark green leafy vegetables and beans are loaded with calcium, and some orange juices and cereals are calcium-fortified. Iron is plentiful in whole grains, beans, and fruits.

From this...
http://www.pcrm.org/health/Info_on_Veg_Diets/vegetarian_foods.html

I'll be patient for getting my very specific protein question answered. :angel:

Read very carefully!! Look at this sentence..

Any normal variety of plant foods provides more than enough protein for the body’s needs.

Saying, most people usually get too much protein from eating meat that would cause various diseases. So when you eat plenty of vegetables you will get enough protein that your body really needs.

Excess protein has been linked to kidney stones, osteoporosis, and possibly heart disease and some cancers. A diet focused on beans, whole grains, and vegetables contains adequate amounts of protein without the “overdose” most meat-eaters get.

Food that includes beans, whole grains (ie: Whole wheat bread, etc..) and vegetables will provide just enough protein your body needs. You can also eat cheese that has lots of protein and tofu has lots of protein as well. Milk has lots of protein as well. But if you chose to go vegan, it's totally fine because you can still get plenty of protein from eating those food (beans, whole grains and vegetables. It's that simple. :D

butterflygal said:
Read very carefully!! Look at this sentence..

Any normal variety of plant foods provides more than enough protein for the body’s needs.

Saying, most people usually get too much protein from eating meat that would cause various diseases. So when you eat plenty of vegetables you will get enough protein that your body really needs.

Excess protein has been linked to kidney stones, osteoporosis, and possibly heart disease and some cancers. A diet focused on beans, whole grains, and vegetables contains adequate amounts of protein without the “overdose” most meat-eaters get.

Food that includes beans, whole grains (ie: Whole wheat bread, etc..) and vegetables will provide just enough protein your body needs. You can also eat cheese that has lots of protein and tofu has lots of protein as well. Milk has lots of protein as well. But if you chose to go vegan, it's totally fine because you can still get plenty of protein from eating those food (beans, whole grains and vegetables. It's that simple. :D

i didn't read your part about protein carefully and i'm sorry. thanks for pointing that out!

to tell u the truth, i dont like beans, tofu, and tomatoes among other things because i'm pretty picky so it's not that simple for me as you assume. i'm not exactly overdosing on meat either. by all means, i eat meat sparingly. it's cool that you are a vegetarian. :) i guess everybody knows what they like and what they don't like.

butterfly gal, i do appreciate you taking the time to expand on other areas that i did not ask to be explained but i do understand that you believe in your chosen eating lifestyle and i respect that.

No problem at all!! I actually look forward to when you would post because you are challenging sometimes!! Heh...

I do respect people's choices to eat meat. I am not going to force anyone to do anything they don't want to. If you are concerned about protein and a picky eater, there are always vitmains!! :D

butterflygal said:
No problem at all!! I actually look forward to when you would post because you are challenging sometimes!! Heh...

I do respect people's choices to eat meat. I am not going to force anyone to do anything they don't want to. If you are concerned about protein and a picky eater, there are always vitmains!! :D

LOL!! Thanks BG - I enjoy reading your posts, too.. believe it or not. life would be pretty darned boring without differences. :party:

there's one more thing we can agree in this thread.... spam is disgusting!! who knows what they put in that... :laugh2:

Well! I do really hate hate hate Spam! I am vegeterian as well. I wouldn t force my family to get into unless they declares they want to get out of meat systems. I find the meats tasteless after I choose to get into Vegetarian and I am still afraid to try TOFU....I have decided to be as vegetarian not a long ago .. and I am enjoying it..

Well... if you vegeterian are against eatting meat because of it's living thing...

Veg. is a living thing.. they grow.. they can be hurt.. they can be healed.. they can die

Animal is a living thing... they grow.. they can be hurt.. they can be healed.. they can die..

so heh? tell me what's the difference?

Heh.. GOod one!! I disagree with how they treat animals. If you really want to know... They hang pigs, cows upside down and cut their throats and let them bleed while ALIVE. Lots of things they do to animals like discarding them like a piece of garbage while they are alive and not properly putting them to sleep. When chicks hatches, they only keep the female ones so they would lay eggs and throw the male ones in the garbage alive and leave them to die.

I felt I couldn't eat any meats after finding that information out. Felt like it was wrong. I couldn't put any money in the meat industry and support that.

And for plants.. They are living things of course but use ur common sense!! Way different than animals!! :P Heh...

Back