Who has been in a wedding party???

prostock19

Reaction score
I am going to be an Usher in one of my best friend's wedding this weekend. I have never done this before. Is there any special thing I should do? I got the rehearsal and dinner thursday night, friday I pick up my tux, and saturday is the big day. UGH.

I've been in two. I can't help u out there, I wasn't a usher- I was a bridesmaid lol.

Originally posted by allisonjoy
I've been in two. I can't help u out there, I wasn't a usher- I was a bridesmaid lol.
LOL...Hey, wanna be my guest at the wedding?? lol. JK. I know you would be bored with all the hearies...especially when 1/2 will be speaking portuguese.

Just ask your best friend what is it they expect you to do and just relax, it will help if you look at family pictures or something so you will know who belongs in who - it is a bit insulting when they ask the family of the bride what side they are on............ but other than that, I think you will be okay!! just relax and have fun!! bring a camera, take some pictures and dance your ass off!!

Last edited:
I was the maid of honor and it was kind of difficult since it was a Mexican Catholic wedding......they had to explain some stuff to me, just ask the bride and groom what is it they expect of you and the rehearsal is very very important, it really helps!!! I am going to be a maid of honor again cuz my best friend is getting married and this is going to be a Vietnamese weddng, but I have attended Viet weddings before so I know what is expected :) it is interesting on the cultural values and how they have their wedding... I have also been to Middle Eastern weddings of course and since I was young I was the official wedding book person - I tell the people to sign in the cute book with the feather pen....... I was the photographer for a Cambodian wedding and they said my pictures was better :) than the official photographer, my friend the bride wanted me to take pic more of her side and her friends that is why she asked me... so overall it is very exciting and fun!!! Dont be nervous! just ask them!!

Shield - LOL. That don't count. Thanx for the thought. Been TO many myself, never been IN one.

Ally - You are NOT ugly! Far from it. LOL.

Baby - were you really nervouse? Almost as nervous as the bride and groom? One of the main things is that I haven't worn a tux since my mom's wedding. All I did that day was walk my mom down the aisle and watched. I was 5yo.

Originally posted by prostock19
Shield - LOL. That don't count. Thanx for the thought. Been TO many myself, never been IN one.

Ally - You are NOT ugly! Far from it. LOL.

Baby - were you really nervouse? Almost as nervous as the bride and groom? One of the main things is that I haven't worn a tux since my mom's wedding. All I did that day was walk my mom down the aisle and watched. I was 5yo.

No cuz I asked them what they want me to do and the most important thing is to help make the wedding very special and memorable event!!! Dont worry about it!!! it would help if you take your tux to be dry cleaned and make sure you look all spify and nice :)

Hey, my best friend was in a wedding last year, and I was kind of her date. It was weird because the rehersal seemed not really organised, but the wedding turned out beautifully! If it seems like everything is going crazy, just go with the flow and keep smiling. Then it'll turn out great.

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
No cuz I asked them what they want me to do and the most important thing is to help make the wedding very special and memorable event!!! Dont worry about it!!! it would help if you take your tux to be dry cleaned and make sure you look all spify and nice :)
It is a rental tux. I pick it up friday from the Tux shop.

Was a bridesmaid once for a friend's wedding in Cape Cod three years ago. It was a great experience and it was such a honor to be one of these people to stand out with the bride and the groom! This is a wedding that I would never forgot since I got hurt in front of 300 people. How embrassing but it was not my fault. When my friend is throwing her flower banquet, I was making an attempt to catch it but one lady in the front of me shoveled me away and her high heel had slammed on my foot, like a knife with a stab. It was so painful so I had to wringe down on the floor to cry, of course, because I got the cut and sprained it at the same time. I was half drunk at this time since the wedding provided the open bar. It took me 2 weeks to recover for my injuried foot, but despite the pain, it was fun being the bridesmaid and it was a best wedding!

Just allow to be yourself, have fun and appericate everyone at the wedding!

Originally posted by Aphrodite
Was a bridesmaid once for a friend's wedding in Cape Cod three years ago. It was a great experience and it was such a honor to be one of these people to stand out with the bride and the groom! This is a wedding that I would never forgot since I got hurt in front of 300 people. How embrassing but it was not my fault. When my friend is throwing her flower banquet, I was making an attempt to catch it but one lady in the front of me shoveled me away and her high heel had slammed on my foot, like a knife with a stab. It was so painful so I had to wringe down on the floor to cry, of course, because I got the cut and sprained it at the same time. I was half drunk at this time since the wedding provided the open bar. It took me 2 weeks to recover for my injuried foot, but despite the pain, it was fun being the bridesmaid and it was a best wedding!

Just allow to be yourself, have fun and appericate everyone at the wedding!
Shit, I didn't think about that. What if I get drunk at the wedding? How am I going to get to my friends or parents house.

Well, do you have a date for this wedding? Arrange a transport afterwards? If this wedding provides an open bar, it d be more lethal, so think about it. It just depends on how you handle it. I don't know how it is arranged for your plan with this wedding.

Originally posted by Aphrodite
Well, do you have a date for this wedding? Arrange a transport afterwards? If this wedding provides an open bar, it d be more lethal, so think about it. It just depends on how you handle it. I don't know how it is arranged for your plan with this wedding.
No Date. I am single.

I was 4 times. First photographer, Second usher, third usher again, forth best man. Like babyphat said rehearsal is very important. You dont wanna ruin your friends wedding by some bloopers. I nearly has once but thank god my friend backed me up. Phew. I know its a lot of work but hey its your best friend's wedding enjoy it. Dont be nervous and just be your self. I enjoy the party and the dancing. I add money on the dress and dance with my friend's wife. I was very happy for them. Also catching that leg band(forgot what you call it) was fun. Cause a riott of laugher. heh

Last edited:
Back