Who Deserves the Credit for Killing Bin Laden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Beachgirl said..all the presidents since Washington played a role it the capture and death of Bin Laden.

Nah, not all of them, only the ones from Virginia. ;-)

Are you sure? I believe SEAL elite only take orders from the President or SecNav. A vet friend of mine (served in Vietnam) said that the elite doesn't even belong in the list of military and operates outside the military protocols therefore does not follow the chain of command in a conventional way. SEAL is trained to take orders from just one of the two.
I'm sure he had you enthralled with his stories. :)

:nono: No liberal or Democrat shall get credit for anything.

Who knows, maybe one or two of the SEALS were democrats.... If the hard work and drug tests didn't scare them off. :giggle:

Sad that even with this victory, Americans are still bickering about who did what. Like Beachgirl said..all the presidents since Washington played a role it the capture and death of Bin Laden.

Problem solved!
I ♥ this. It cuts ALL the BS out. :D

Probably. :)
I think your friend might have confused the SEALs with Air America but even the CIA had a chain of command.

They are all on the Navy rolls, and they all have service jackets (records) because that's the only way they can get a pay check and retirement. :)

Ask Jesse Ventura.

Anheuser Busch.

Oops, wrong thread. :D

:nono: No liberal or Democrat shall get credit for anything.

Clarify that: nothing good. They shall get credit for the bad stuff only.:giggle: Why? Cuz they have no work ethic and are all on drugs. Just ask Txgolfer.

Who knows, maybe one or two of the SEALS were democrats.... If the hard work and drug tests didn't scare them off. :giggle:

And you wonder why it is believed that you are partisan in all matters.:roll:

One of my relatives flew Air America from South Vietnam to Thailand.
Ventura was UDT. UDT merged with the SEALs in 1983.
this specific Navy SEALs Team 6 was under JSOC. the other SEAL teams are under the Naval Special Warfare Command.

I think your friend might have confused the SEALs with Air America but even the CIA had a chain of command.

They are all on the Navy rolls, and they all have service jackets (records) because that's the only way they can get a pay check and retirement. :)

Ask Jesse Ventura.

This thread is disappointing. What a bunch of shameless partisan hacks we have here.

President Obama deserves credit for making the right decisions even though they were risky. President Bush deserves credit for making the decisions that allowed us to gather the intel that led us to this point. Our intelligence community deserves credit for the painstaking process of gathering and analyzing intelligence. Our military and our special forces deserve credit for putting themselves on at risk every day in remotes parts of the world away from their families and the comforts of home. The Navy SEALS team who conducted the mission deserve credit for doing it right.

And Alex, let's get some facts straight here. Obama did not restart Alec Station. And it wasn't closed because we gave up on Osama. They closed it so they could restructure to increase their effectiveness. It says all that in your article. Here are the results of that restructuring.

By 2005, many inside the C.I.A. had reached the conclusion that the Bin Laden hunt had grown cold, and the agency’s top clandestine officer ordered an overhaul of the agency’s counterterrorism operations. The result was Operation Cannonball, a bureaucratic reshuffling that placed more C.I.A. case officers on the ground in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

With more agents in the field, the C.I.A. finally got the courier’s family name. With that, they turned to one of their greatest investigative tools — the National Security Agency began intercepting telephone calls and e-mail messages between the man’s family and anyone inside Pakistan. From there they got his full name.
Clues Gradually Led to the Location of Osama bin Laden - NYTimes.com

And Alex, let's get some facts straight here. Obama did not restart Alec Station. And it wasn't closed because we gave up on Osama. They closed it so they could restructure to increase their effectiveness. It says all that in your article. Here are the results of that restructuring.

Of course. What did you think they were going to say: "Um, hey, we're closing down Alec Station, because we've failed miserably at finding OBL and we're just going to focus on other shit now. Thanks, and good night" ?

And this line: "restructure to increase effectiveness." --blah, I recognize the same sort of language when a corporation downsizes and lays off a bunch of workers. It's spin spin spin.

Fact is, you don't know any more than I do what really went on with this "restructuring." All we know for sure is that Bush never caught OBL but used him as a pretense to start two major wars.

So fine, Obama didn't restart Alec Station, but he certainly started a more focused and systematic search for OBL. I seem to recall in another article that there hadn't been any important intel on OBL in years. YEARS. Yeah, that "restructuring" sure was effective. :roll: The most important intelligence gathering occurred on Obama's watch, and that is a FACT.

And you wonder why it is believed that you are partisan in all matters.:roll:

Umm. When I use the :giggle: it's because I am joking. I would guess at least some of the SEALS were democrats.... Therefore credit to them would be credit to democrats. And I have already give obama credit for continuing the hunt. Something that was probably tough since many in his part were against it.

Furthermore, it's a tad difficult to label me as partisan when I do t care much for either party. :)

This thread is disappointing. What a bunch of shameless partisan hacks we have here.

President Obama deserves credit for making the right decisions even though they were risky. President Bush deserves credit for making the decisions that allowed us to gather the intel that led us to this point. Our intelligence community deserves credit for the painstaking process of gathering and analyzing intelligence. Our military and our special forces deserve credit for putting themselves on at risk every day in remotes parts of the world away from their families and the comforts of home. The Navy SEALS team who conducted the mission deserve credit for doing it right.

What he said :wave:

Oh, and of course, I think the Seals should get the majority of the credit but that is just my opinion:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmta7GwXCpo]YouTube - Navy SEALS "Footprints" Commercial[/ame]

Obama on his promise to kill bin Laden and McCain laughed at him saying he's naive...

"And we have a difficult situation in Pakistan. I believe that part of the reason we have a difficult situation is because we made a bad judgment going into Iraq in the first place when we hadn't finished the job of hunting down bin Laden and crushing al-Qaida.

So what happened was we got distracted, we diverted resources, and ultimately bin Laden escaped, set up base camps in the mountains of Pakistan in the northwest provinces there.

They are now raiding our troops in Afghanistan, destabilizing the situation. They're stronger now than at any time since 2001. And that's why I think it's so important for us to reverse course because that's the central front on terrorism. They are plotting to kill Americans right now. As Secretary Gates, the Defense secretary, said, the war against terrorism began in that region, and that's where it will end.

So part of the reason I think it's so important for us to end the war in Iraq is to be able to get more troops into Afghanistan, put more pressure on the Afghan government to do what it needs to do, eliminate some of the drug trafficking that's funding terrorism.

But I do believe that we have to change our policies with Pakistan. We can't coddle, as we did, a dictator, give him billions of dollars, and then he's making peace treaties with the Taliban and militants. What I have said is we're going encourage democracy in Pakistan, expand our non-military aid to Pakistan so that they have more of a stake in working with us, but insisting that they go after these militants.

And if we have Osama bin Laden in our sights and the Pakistani government is unable or unwilling to take them out, then I think that we have to act, and we will take them out.

We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al-Qaida. That has to be our biggest national security priority."

And what did McCain say about bin Laden? NOTHING!!!

Obama kept his promise. :)

Second Presidential Debate - McCain and Obama - Transcript - Election Guide 2008 - The New York Times - Election Guide 2008 - The New York Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back