Who Deserves the Credit for Killing Bin Laden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So .... you didn't read the wikileak .... how convenient.

There is chicken burger from chick fil a on your table and just eat it and forget about leftists get on your taste. :lol:

Does no one else find it ironic that a conservative president could have ordered Saddam Hussein shot in the face? But no, he puts him on trial.

When a leftist orders OBL killed, there is no outrage from the left that he was not put on trial.

It's ... irony ... at its best.

So .... you didn't read the wikileak .... how convenient.

You failed to comprehend all materials given in here. How inconvenient....

You might want to check the timeline and events that took place. Learn how to research and comprehend it. Here's a Sherlock Holmes kit. Enjoy!

Does no one else find it ironic that a conservative president could have ordered Saddam Hussein shot in the face? But no, he puts him on trial.

When a leftist orders OBL killed, there is no outrage from the left that he was not put on trial.

It's ... irony ... at its best.
Bush put Hussein on trial? I thought it was the Iraqi people. And again with the left/right crap. I realize you gotta defend your rightist homies at all costs, but can we just relax a bit and breathe a sigh of relief here?

Your comments: It's...bias...at its' best.

It's unlikely because the mansion is relatively new and the Gitmo detainees were probably incarcerated before it was built.
The GITMO detainees gave tips about the courier's identity.

Ok, let's see... the elite SEAL is trained to obey orders of only one of the two - the President OR the SecNav. They don't obey any other orders.

Suppose Obama orders SEAL to kill a Russian, who's really responsible for the killing? SEAL or the President?

The GITMO detainees gave tips about the courier's identity.

From what I read, they didn't get the name of the courier until they got it under standard questioning.

It doesn't sound useful unless you get the name.

Ok, let's see... the elite SEAL is trained to obey orders of only one of the two - the President OR the SecNav. They don't obey any other orders.
No. They have a chain of command that they follow.

Suppose Obama orders SEAL to kill a Russian, who's really responsible for the killing? SEAL or the President?
I'm not sure about the scenario that you're describing. Are you saying that the President would make a direct phone call to a SEAL and tell him to go kill a Russian? If so, that's not the way it works. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by who's responsible. Legally or morally or in the eyes of the public? (Although I assume your hypothetical scenario would be kept from the public.)

From what I read, they didn't get the name of the courier until they got it under standard questioning.

It doesn't sound useful unless you get the name.
Before you can begin questioning about the specific name, you have to have information that there even exists a courier. Also, you can sometimes use that first piece of information to leverage getting more information.

Interrogation techniques are many, and intelligence gathering covers many, many areas. The least bit of insignificant data, when analyzed and combined with other bits, can be the pah! moment in an investigation. It's a painstaking process.

No. They have a chain of command that they follow.
I'm not sure about the scenario that you're describing. Are you saying that the President would make a direct phone call to a SEAL and tell him to go kill a Russian? If so, that's not the way it works. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by who's responsible. Legally or morally or in the eyes of the public? (Although I assume your hypothetical scenario would be kept from the public.)

Does it make a difference if it's done in secret or in public? I ask if the president is responsible for the killing of a Russian if he ordered it?

Does it make a difference if it's done in secret or in public?
It does as far as blame or credit. How can anyone blame or give him credit for something if they aren't aware that it happened?

I ask if the president is responsible for the killing of a Russian if he ordered it?
I told you that your scenario is incorrect. The President doesn't give direct orders to SEALs out of the blue like that. He has to go thru the chain of command.

Before you can begin questioning about the specific name, you have to have information that there even exists a courier. Also, you can sometimes use that first piece of information to leverage getting more information.

Interrogation techniques are many, and intelligence gathering covers many, many areas. The least bit of insignificant data, when analyzed and combined with other bits, can be the pah! moment in an investigation. It's a painstaking process.

Sure but how come it became useful under standard questioning? Do we need waterboarding for that?

I am NOT really an expert but all I know is that even experts have different opinions.

I told you that your scenario is incorrect. The President doesn't give direct orders to SEALs out of the blue like that. He has to go thru the chain of command.

Are you sure? I believe SEAL elite only take orders from the President or SecNav. A vet friend of mine (served in Vietnam) said that the elite doesn't even belong in the list of military and operates outside the military protocols therefore does not follow the chain of command in a conventional way. SEAL is trained to take orders from just one of the two.

Some of you may remember this joke:

Bin Laden's trip to the pearly gates...
After getting nailed by a Daisy Cutter, Osama made his way to the pearly gates. There, he is greeted by George Washington.

"How dare you attack the nation I helped conceive!" Washington, slapping Osama in the face.

Patrick Henry comes up from behind. "You wanted to end the Americans' liberty, so they gave you death!" Henry punches Osama on the nose.

James Madison comes up next, and says "This is why I allowed the Federal government to provide for the common defense!" He drops a large weight on Osama's knee.

Osama is subject to similar beatings from James Monroe, and 65 other people who have the same love for liberty and America. As he writhes on the ground, Thomas Jefferson picks him up to hurl him back toward the gate where he is to be judged.

As Osama awaits his journey to his final very hot destination, he screams--"this is not what I was promised!"

An angel replies "I told you there would be 72 Virginians waiting for you... What the hell did you think I said?"

--------------------

And as it turns out, it was Virginians who did the job! SEAL Team 6 trains down in the Norfolk area. Those guys might not be from Virginia originally, but they are all Virginians by adoption, so our fair state will take due credit.

As anyone who lives here knows, "To be a Virginian either by Birth, Marriage, or Adoption, or even on one's Mother's side, is is an Introduction to any State in the Union, a Passport to any Foreign Country, and a Benediction from Above."---Anonymous

The Mayor of the town where the SEALS trained wants to honor them in some way, but he has a problem - as they operate under high secrecy, he has no idea who they are or where to find them.

Secretive Virginia SEALs thrill community by taking down bin Laden - The Washington Post
:laugh2: He deserved it after all.

Sad that even with this victory, Americans are still bickering about who did what. Like Beachgirl said..all the presidents since Washington played a role it the capture and death of Bin Laden.

Problem solved!

Sad that even with this victory, Americans are still bickering about who did what. Like Beachgirl said..all the presidents since Washington played a role it the capture and death of Bin Laden.

Problem solved!
:nono: No liberal or Democrat shall get credit for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back