Votes: 2 5.6%
  • wear hearing aids

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • wear CI

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
pek1 said:
R2D2,

As a guy, I used to be ashamed, too, so I wore my hair long, just enough to cover my hearing aids in both ears. Then, one day in class, I threw my hair back (I was also the only guy in a class of women) and got whiplash. Dang, I thought, there's gotta be more to life than this dang long hair. So, I had it cut by a barber and when he asked me how I wanted it, I told him to "cut it in the style an attorney would have." His reply, "Defense or Prosecutor?" "Prosecutor, of course!" Yes, this actually happened! I have it short, but not that short. Nothing to be ashamed of and if people point and stare, remember, they are more "handicapped" than you are for what they do or the remark they say. Ignore them.
:laugh2:

Personally wouldn't it have been more embarassing to admit you were an attorney than deaf? *wink*

Great sense of humor!! You too, R2!!!!!!

Born deaf and been Deaf and now
assimilate.gif
assimilated!

I'm hearing. With 3 kids, 2 of the hearing, 1 deaf with bi-lateral CI..... NONE OF THEM LISTNING!!!!

Liebling:-))) said:
I accept my deafness at long time ago. :angel:

I never had to "accept" my deafness because I grew up knowing I was normal :deal:

wow... i was pretty oblivious back then :rofl:

Fragmenter said:
I never had to "accept" my deafness because I grew up knowing I was normal :deal:

wow... i was pretty oblivious back then :rofl:
that's good one! eh

i voted mysef deaf but my family said i am hoh cuz i can talk well and hear well with hearing aids.. i still considered myself deaf cuz my ears are BROKE.. lol.. :D

Born deaf, but grew up in hearing world and I can speak well, and everyone label me as "Hearing Impaired", so whatever that mean, I am hard of hearing, but I can hear with my hearing aids and I speak well.

I never had involve in the deaf community before, but just only one time and didn't like it, I didn't feel comfortable...

I was born hearing, but my parents were deaf... then i got whooping cough i becane hoh.... I live in the Deaf world,,attended to the deaf school until I graduated... I started wearing two hearing aids at age of 35...until 5 yrs ago i stopped wearing them alltogether...

I am happy now...

Thanks!!

SxyPorkie

I am technically deaf in both ears- but I always wear my HAs and function as HoH in hearing society.

I don't give a damn what others think of my disability. they can kiss my..

And R2D2 that is so damn funny ROTFL

Fuzzy

ps BTW I am neither ashamed or proud of my deafnessor Hoh-ness. who gives a damn, really. It's just a fact.

Back