or
hearing
or
hard of hearing
or
wear ci
or
wear hearing aid

Er...didn't we just have a thread similar to this?

Oh well...now deaf and wear a CI

Then vote Hearing Aids then she will know that you are deaf or Vote CI then she will know that also... That's so simiple to vote... She didn't mean you wear CI or hearing aids all the time...

I'm deaf but I do wear the hearing aids.

Let everybody know, Sweetheart is right. Just vote either Hearing Aids or CI, ArizonaGirl will understand. :ty:

I am hard of hearing but I call for myself that I am deaf and I wearing my hearing aids all my life :)

happily
assimilate.gif
assimilated :)

I am :deaf: and proud of it. No longer hearing aid user for a very good reason. :whistle: I will never regretting for being deaf ever again for the rest of my life ;)

neecy said:
happily
assimilate.gif
assimilated :)

That smiley rocks!

I'm deaf and ashamed. I hope no one finds out my sordid and embarrassing secret. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can explain away my hearing aid or CI? Maybe I could pretend I'm a dance studio instructor? But that would mean I would have to wear a leotard in the store wouldn't it? Maybe that's not such a good idea. :whistle:

R2D2 said:
That smiley rocks!

I'm deaf and ashamed. I hope no one finds out my sordid and embarrassing secret. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can explain away my hearing aid or CI? Maybe I could pretend I'm a dance studio instructor? But that would mean I would have to wear a leotard in the store wouldn't it? Maybe that's not such a good idea. :whistle:

R2D2,

As a guy, I used to be ashamed, too, so I wore my hair long, just enough to cover my hearing aids in both ears. Then, one day in class, I threw my hair back (I was also the only guy in a class of women) and got whiplash. Dang, I thought, there's gotta be more to life than this dang long hair. So, I had it cut by a barber and when he asked me how I wanted it, I told him to "cut it in the style an attorney would have." His reply, "Defense or Prosecutor?" "Prosecutor, of course!" Yes, this actually happened! I have it short, but not that short. Nothing to be ashamed of and if people point and stare, remember, they are more "handicapped" than you are for what they do or the remark they say. Ignore them.

Pete,

Sorry I should have said I was talking tongue in cheek. We have a weird sense of humour in Australia unfortunately. I have never given it any thought as to whether people could see if I was deaf or not. I don't even think about it. To me, my hearing aid may as well be part of my body. I find it foreign when late deafened people say they find it hard to wear their hearing aids etc because they feel embarrassed about it.

Your long hair story is hillarious by the way. :)

R2D2

Back