Who believes theres another earth like ours?

I think it's likely there are other inhabited planets with intelligent beings. I also think it's likely we'll eventually be able to identify them as inhabited by intelligent beings by catching radio and other waves, eventually. Space is really really big though, and other planets are countless light years away. When we point our radio telescopes at them, we're just getting a brief glimpse of the noise that was sent out eons ago.

If/when we do discover a planet that we think has intelligent life (or when we're able to watch their TV programs) I think it'll be a LOT longer before we're able to communicate with them. That distance is HUGE, and we have no way of spanning it.

It's more likely that as our radio waves continue through space they'll eventually reach a race that is more advanced and they'll find us. Whether they can close that distance is a huge question mark though. It's possible that it's completely impossible to travel that far quickly. We have theories, but they're just that... theory.

Ideally mankind will inhabit other planets slowly the way we took over earth. If we don't we're doomed for extinction, eventually. Maybe billions of years from now we'll be more spread out and meet other intelligent life, but honestly, at this point it seems unlikely.

warp 10 take us there sooner?
I thought you're a trekkie? :lol:

you should know that Warp 10 is theoretically impossible although in Voyager series... they did make it but it was a disaster. Theoretically, at Warp 10... you can be there within a second.

The UFOs have been entering earth for a long time. Those aliens must be 500 light years ahead of us. They have higher advanced technology than ours.
it is possible that they took hundreds of years to get here..... :dunno:

must be why they're so thin and frail :lol:

Space is just too large to ever think we are alone ... if I remember correctly NASA has already identified multiple plants that are like Earth... :)

it NASA who said it,but we will never know although I would love to...must be some that have right gas mix and water and bit of slime

just a small correction - they have "identified" but they have not verified it yet.

i hope we find the planet No Animals and no beings. Just tropical planet temps over 110 degrees in equator and mostly 80-90 degrees other places and on 50 degrees north and south poles. And twice as big like our earth. So we can begin again maybe this time we get it right.

how exactly a planet with tropical forest have no animals? that's illogically impossible.

but for a planet capable of sustaining a tropical forest... we're most likely not going to survive. we'll get easily killed off by its bacteria/virus. same thing goes for alien visiting Earth.

I think it's likely there are other inhabited planets with intelligent beings. I also think it's likely we'll eventually be able to identify them as inhabited by intelligent beings by catching radio and other waves, eventually. Space is really really big though, and other planets are countless light years away. When we point our radio telescopes at them, we're just getting a brief glimpse of the noise that was sent out eons ago.

If/when we do discover a planet that we think has intelligent life (or when we're able to watch their TV programs) I think it'll be a LOT longer before we're able to communicate with them. That distance is HUGE, and we have no way of spanning it.

It's more likely that as our radio waves continue through space they'll eventually reach a race that is more advanced and they'll find us. Whether they can close that distance is a huge question mark though. It's possible that it's completely impossible to travel that far quickly. We have theories, but they're just that... theory.

Ideally mankind will inhabit other planets slowly the way we took over earth. If we don't we're doomed for extinction, eventually. Maybe billions of years from now we'll be more spread out and meet other intelligent life, but honestly, at this point it seems unlikely.

yea it is a natural biological response for all organisms to propagate and spread to ensure its species survival.

the only question is... how sustainable is it?

how exactly a planet with tropical forest have no animals? that's illogically impossible.

but for a planet capable of sustaining a tropical forest... we're most likely not going to survive. we'll get easily killed off by its bacteria/virus. same thing goes for alien visiting Earth.
For starters, I would think that a forest ecosystem would at least require insects for pollination (bees and butterflies), and for breaking down foliage debris for composting (earthworms).

If there is another earth like our , maybe there are only animals living on it in peace with no mankind . :D

Last edited:
just a small correction - they have "identified" but they have not verified it yet.

As it stands now that is all they can do... that and hypothesize of various conditions... such as discovering active volcanos on one of Jupiter's moons and the melting of ice on another... it gives theories about the actual necessity of being in the goldilock zone... for there are conditions similar here on earth that has life... but the queation was like earth not really the possibility of life... now "like" earth meaning size, distance from sun, atmospheric conditions, and the like... they run off of a bunch of data and they have come up with a few strong possibilities... but again this is all just theories because there really is no telling for certian...

Joker I tricki and tremor if this iPad allow me to spell it,it keeps replacing my letters.shatner and Patrick Stewart I like voyager and deep space nine.They say if man capable of thinking it then perceivable it exists so I guess someone out there at warp.
I think worf most sexy good looking bloke so what ever out there I hope it kilgons lol

yea it is a natural biological response for all organisms to propagate and spread to ensure its species survival.

the only question is... how sustainable is it?
On one planet, sustainability is finite... in an infinite universe, sustainability would be infinite.

Really, we need to do both things, spread beyond Earth, and learn to live more sustainably on Earth. But just living sustainably on Earth doesn't cover us for things like asteroids crashing into us, or super volcanoes erupting, etc.

In one national newspaper UK say asteroid more likely to hit bottom I my road which happens be North Sea anytime now to 500years
I have to admit do see strange thing up there and local ufo clubs meet monthly again bottom of road but bottom of road do have pub as well

For starters, I would think that a forest ecosystem would at least require insects for pollination (bees and butterflies), and for breaking down foliage debris for composting (earthworms).

Thats what i said no beings or animals. But they're insects, bugs and humidity. like tropical rain forests 60% of the planet. Like Forrests during Jurassic Period.

owffWoua2i71XWPgVh-jjCb3AlvUEcAvvjsTfOaeXcTtO-HupT3J1EEkN8lZBp41leoO5DwLVb6ThVYmMG5NcjFvzu0mAoYNsr7wCmTEk-hHGY-3THbC_KOzwUqQpcvFjKuebARxZZjDoA=w426-h319-p

insects food for others no others then no insects..survival of fittest so I guess they could evolve to plant my lettce not eat it.

Has anybody been to a trip to amazon jungle? The whole planet is like that. I wouldn't mind living on it. We bring the Animals from earth to live and repopulate again.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7KDbQNETTM[/ame]

spiders put me off...
to have life just like our own then have have insects...so many varibles

Europa. Apparently it could quite possibly be 'alive', already supporting life.

And yes I believe there's life elsewhere. How can there not be?

Are we alone? No.

Back