Who are the famous deaf in the Deaf History?

I remember watching a HBO comedy show and there was a deaf comedian..gosh, it was like 10 years ago. I think she was using spoken language to tell her jokes to the audience. Anyone know anything about her?[/QUOT I know who you are talking about, but i don`t know her name.

Last edited:
I remember watching a HBO comedy show and there was a deaf comedian..gosh, it was like 10 years ago. I think she was using spoken language to tell her jokes to the audience. Anyone know anything about her?[/QUOT I know who you are talking about, but i don`t know her name.

do you meant Pinky the Juggler??Pinky the Juggler Pepsiwoman

I having some trouble tonight on this site. I did not write that post ,she/90 did. I sorry she/90.I was going to write about the woman on HBO a few years back. But i did not see the other post.I am so :o

Interesting thread here... It's good education for me.... All what I remember is Helen Keller. I will buy DVD about her life.

That was an interesting story there. I had never heard anything like this before about him.

A question to ask I suppose is what was the general public attitude to deaf or disabilities in those days?

People may have had some horrendous attitudes or did some pretty awful things in history. But we need to judge them by the way things were in that era. They knew no different. Just as we will be judged by future generations by what they would know then.

Did they make a movie about Beethoven's history? if so, what's the name of the movie that I could find to rent it.
This film might be interesting. I don't know if you use Netflix or Blockbuster, etc., but you can check them for it. Also, I don't know if it uses captions or English subtitles. :dunno:

The title is Beethoven - Tage aus einem Leben.

Beethoven - Tage aus einem Leben (1976)

Are we still listing people ??

What about Deanne Bray (Kotsur) and & Troy Kotsur

Marlee Matlin because I knew her there at Center on Deafness in Des Plaines, IL before the school moved to North Brook, IL.

Lou Ferrigno

Siren from the American Gladiators.

Hello! OK, Alexander Graham Bell is not Deaf, But, He is inventor of The telephone to help deaf to hear. And Nothing helps deaf from the telephone.......
U can look up on that website (link) Big Deaf Star.
U can type the link or copy and paste. U will study this link...
I can not help u too long, Sorry! Good Luck!

Hello! OK, Alexander Graham Bell is not Deaf, But, He is inventor of The telephone to help deaf to hear. And Nothing helps deaf from the telephone.......
U can look up on that website (link) Big Deaf Star.
U can type the link or copy and paste. U will study this link...
I can not help u too long, Sorry! Good Luck!

You need to study your history a bit more carefully. The telephone was not intended ever for the deaf. And his momma was deaf.

Dixie.....no....it was orgionally intended as an auditory trainer. Towards the endof his career AG Bell discovered the concept of residual hearing, and became OBESSED with it......that's where Auditory-Verbal Theory orgionally came from.

Oh gosh, I hate her. Helen Keller's Quote "Deaf people are dumb and feel sorry for themselves". I saw this somewhere in the article. I remember, Deaf people have no respect for Helen Keller, she thinks - DeafBlind is far better than Deaf. Jeeze...

My best friend, Elaine Durchame dislike her Quote either. Elaine is DeafBlind person. She gave a beautiful presentation at my base last October Disability National Awareness. Everyone loves Elaine.

I read that Helen Keller would rather been blind than deaf ,I never read that she hated deaf people! You have to remember deaf and blind people were locked up with insane people when Helen was a live and she thought she was dumb herself! I would not had want to had been born in her time as a HOH person!

Back