Whitney Houston Funeral New Hope Baptist Church Live Stream : People.com

Aretha Franklin: The Whitney I Knew
Whitney Houston Funeral: Aretha Franklin's Tribute : People.com

An ill Aretha Franklin won't sing at Houston funeral; guests arrive
An ill Aretha Franklin won't sing at Houston funeral; guests arrive - CNN.com

Hearse bearing Whitney Houston arrives at church
Hearse bearing Whitney Houston arrives at church - CBS News

Whitney Houston memorial: Where to watch and other details
Whitney Houston memorial: Where to watch and other details - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

Aretha Franklin will no longer sing at Whitney Houston's funeral
Aretha Franklin will no longer sing at Whitney Houston's funeral - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News
Alicia Key fill for Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin at Whitney's funeral

i will post news update tonight

I meant for the Whitney Houston funeral. You knew that, too. :cool2:

Just to drive a point that there isn't any. :wave:

Give it another 3 to 5 years and perhaps we'll see live captioning via the web would be as common over television.

Just to drive a point that there isn't any. :wave:

Give it another 3 to 5 years and perhaps we'll see live captioning via the web would be as common over television.

Okay, cool, but you didn't have to be coy about it.

Anyway, it's going to be less than 3-5 years. The 21st Century Communications Act has already mandated that all online broadcasts of material originally prepared for television or material that is being streamed live on television must also be CC on the web. Also, I believe it is mandating that all online video players have the ability to decode captioning.

Only problem is that it has provided quite a bit of time for online streaming outlets and video player developers to meet the regulations. Far too much time, IMO. I believe they have until the end of next year to get fully on board.

S. 3304 [111th] - Summary: Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 (GovTrack.us)

So, she's having a public funeral...like Michael Jackson had a public funeral as well.

It makes me wonder if any of our US troops ever had a public funeral as well.

I thought it was private by invitation only.
Yes, you're right. It's private for those actually attending inside the church. It's public in the sense that it's televised.

That's totally up to the surviving family. Some do, and some don't.

There was a funeral in my city of a fallen vet about 3 years ago and the public was invited to go. I staying out with other people and held a small flag as the funeral procession drove by.

There was a funeral in my city of a fallen vet about 3 years ago and the public was invited to go. I staying out with other people and held a small flag as the funeral procession drove by.
I'm sure the family appreciated that. TCS and I have been involved in many veterans' funerals and ceremonies, and the families have always expressed much gratitude for those who show their respects to their fallen ones.

Okay, cool, but you didn't have to be coy about it.

Anyway, it's going to be less than 3-5 years. The 21st Century Communications Act has already mandated that all online broadcasts of material originally prepared for television or material that is being streamed live on television must also be CC on the web. Also, I believe it is mandating that all online video players have the ability to decode captioning.

Only problem is that it has provided quite a bit of time for online streaming outlets and video player developers to meet the regulations. Far too much time, IMO. I believe they have until the end of next year to get fully on board.

S. 3304 [111th] - Summary: Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 (GovTrack.us)

Until it becomes a *common* feature in all aspect of video programming over the internet (live and taped) it will take about 3 to 5 years from now. I am aware of that bill. They never gave a due date when this must be done by other than it is mandated that it'd be done. It's been almost 1 1/2 year since it was signed. Again, it'll take awhile to get this up and running for a variety of reasons until it becomes a *common* captioning feature over the internet.

Here's C-SPAN (Congress Passes Payroll Tax Cut Legislation | C-SPAN) go watch it. Do you see a caption button or that it's captioned? Why not?

Until it becomes a *common* feature in all aspect of video programming over the internet (live and taped) it will take about 3 to 5 years from now. I am aware of that bill. They never gave a due date when this must be done by other than it is mandated that it'd be done. It's been almost 1 1/2 year since it was signed. Again, it'll take awhile to get this up and running for a variety of reasons until it becomes a *common* captioning feature over the internet.

Here's C-SPAN (Congress Passes Payroll Tax Cut Legislation | C-SPAN) go watch it. Do you see a caption button or that it's captioned? Why not?

Granted, I have not read the bill in it's entirety, but I'm pretty sure I caught a part about all broadcasts and streaming players that are originally meant for television. . . having three years from the passage of the bill, which was about 16 months ago. I certainly hope there will be an enforcement unit to the bill and companies like Netflix, NBC, etc. will start getting fined as soon as they pass the deadline. Believe me, one fine, and they will focus enough resources to get everything implemented in less than a month. It really is not that complicated; they are just not focusing any resources on the problem because we deaf/hoh make up such a small segment of the viewers.

BTW, C-SPAN is not a government entity. They have no incentive to start captioning. If you go to PBS.com, you'll see that they've already switched over to a CC-ready player and have begun encoding most of their online content.

The whitehouse.gov stream is always CC, btw.

Exclusives news updates

Bobbi Kristina 'Broke Down' at Whitney Houston's Funeral: Mourner
Whitney Houston Funeral: Kevin Costner, Jesse Jackson, Tyler Perry, Bobby Brown : People.com

Bobby Brown: Why I Left Whitney Houston's Funeral
Whitney Houston Funeral New Hope Baptist Church: Why Bobby Brown Left : People.com

Whitney Houston Remembered in Speeches and Song
Whitney Houston's Funeral: The Speeches and Songs : People.com

Kevin Costner at Whitney Houston's Funeral: I Was 'Lucky' to Work with Her
Kevin Costner Speaks at Whitney Houston's Funeral : People.com

Whitney Houston's Casket Carried Out to "I Will Always Love You"
Whitney Houston's Casket Carried Out to "I Will Always Love You" - UsMagazine.com

Bobby Brown Explains Why He Left Whitney Houston's Funeral
Bobby Brown Explains Why He Left Whitney Houston's Funeral - UsMagazine.com

Kevin Costner Applauded for Emotional Speech at Whitney Houston's Funeral
Kevin Costner Applauded for Emotional Speech at Whitney Houston's Funeral - UsMagazine.com

Stars attend Whitney Houston funeral in New Jersey
BBC News - Stars attend Whitney Houston funeral in New Jersey

We'll always love you: Whitney is carried from funeral to sound of her greatest hit - but Bobby Brown storms out in row over seating
Whitney Houston Funeral: A galaxy of stars gather in New Jersey to say goodbye to the pop legend | Mail Online

Pictured: The moment 'frustrated' Bobby Brown stormed out of ex-wife Whitney Houston's funeral 'over seating dispute'
Whitney Houston funeral: Bobby Brown storms out of ex-wife's funeral over 'seating dispute' | Mail Online

'I was your pretend bodyguard once... and now you're gone too soon': Kevin Costner delivers heartbreaking eulogy for his friend Whitney Houston
Whitney Houston Funeral: Kevin Costner delivers heartbreaking eulogy for his friend Whitney Houston | Mail Online

A shoulder to cry on: Alicia Keys' tears for Whitney as she hugs Bobbi Kristina and Cissy after heartfelt performance
A shoulder to cry on: Alicia Keys's tears for Whitney as she hugs Bobbi Kristina and Cissy after heartfelt performance | Mail Online

Whitney Houston funeral: tears and 'Hallelujahs'
Whitney Houston funeral: tears and 'Hallelujahs' - Telegraph

Whitney Houston funeral: stars pay tribute
Whitney Houston funeral: stars pay tribute - Telegraph

Final Farewells At 'Angel' Whitney's Funeral
Whitney Houston Funeral Features Stevie Wonder And R Kelly Performances At New Jersey Church | Showbiz News | Sky News

At Houston funeral, stories of faith, courage and love
At Houston funeral, stories of faith, courage and love - CNN.com

Costner delivers poignant eulogy for co-star Houston
Costner delivers poignant eulogy for co-star Houston - CNN.com

Whitney Houston remembered in song and speeches at funeral
Whitney Houston remembered in song and speeches at funeral - CBS News

Tyler Perry recalls the "grace that carried" Whitney Houston
Tyler Perry recalls the "grace that carried" Whitney Houston - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

Kevin Costner on "the miracle that was Whitney"
Kevin Costner on "the miracle that was Whitney" - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

Exclusives news updates

Bobbi Kristina 'Broke Down' at Whitney Houston's Funeral: Mourner
Whitney Houston Funeral: Kevin Costner, Jesse Jackson, Tyler Perry, Bobby Brown : People.com

Bobby Brown: Why I Left Whitney Houston's Funeral
Whitney Houston Funeral New Hope Baptist Church: Why Bobby Brown Left : People.com

Whitney Houston Remembered in Speeches and Song
Whitney Houston's Funeral: The Speeches and Songs : People.com

Kevin Costner at Whitney Houston's Funeral: I Was 'Lucky' to Work with Her
Kevin Costner Speaks at Whitney Houston's Funeral : People.com

Whitney Houston's Casket Carried Out to "I Will Always Love You"
Whitney Houston's Casket Carried Out to "I Will Always Love You" - UsMagazine.com

Bobby Brown Explains Why He Left Whitney Houston's Funeral
Bobby Brown Explains Why He Left Whitney Houston's Funeral - UsMagazine.com

Kevin Costner Applauded for Emotional Speech at Whitney Houston's Funeral
Kevin Costner Applauded for Emotional Speech at Whitney Houston's Funeral - UsMagazine.com

Stars attend Whitney Houston funeral in New Jersey
BBC News - Stars attend Whitney Houston funeral in New Jersey

We'll always love you: Whitney is carried from funeral to sound of her greatest hit - but Bobby Brown storms out in row over seating
Whitney Houston Funeral: A galaxy of stars gather in New Jersey to say goodbye to the pop legend | Mail Online

Pictured: The moment 'frustrated' Bobby Brown stormed out of ex-wife Whitney Houston's funeral 'over seating dispute'
Whitney Houston funeral: Bobby Brown storms out of ex-wife's funeral over 'seating dispute' | Mail Online

'I was your pretend bodyguard once... and now you're gone too soon': Kevin Costner delivers heartbreaking eulogy for his friend Whitney Houston
Whitney Houston Funeral: Kevin Costner delivers heartbreaking eulogy for his friend Whitney Houston | Mail Online

A shoulder to cry on: Alicia Keys' tears for Whitney as she hugs Bobbi Kristina and Cissy after heartfelt performance
A shoulder to cry on: Alicia Keys's tears for Whitney as she hugs Bobbi Kristina and Cissy after heartfelt performance | Mail Online

Whitney Houston funeral: tears and 'Hallelujahs'
Whitney Houston funeral: tears and 'Hallelujahs' - Telegraph

Whitney Houston funeral: stars pay tribute
Whitney Houston funeral: stars pay tribute - Telegraph

Final Farewells At 'Angel' Whitney's Funeral
Whitney Houston Funeral Features Stevie Wonder And R Kelly Performances At New Jersey Church | Showbiz News | Sky News

At Houston funeral, stories of faith, courage and love
At Houston funeral, stories of faith, courage and love - CNN.com

Costner delivers poignant eulogy for co-star Houston
Costner delivers poignant eulogy for co-star Houston - CNN.com

Tyler Perry recalls the "grace that carried" Whitney Houston
Tyler Perry recalls the "grace that carried" Whitney Houston - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

Kevin Costner on "the miracle that was Whitney"
Kevin Costner on "the miracle that was Whitney" - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

Seriously, who has time to read all these links you post?

Yea I keep telling her that... -_- Post at least ONE link at a time but nooooo...she don't listen.

Well, nobody has to read them if they don't want to. I think it's nice that Sara spent the time to collect all these links for anyone who cares. :ty: sara, but yeah, most of us deaf people just don't care enough about a singer with drug and alcohol problems.

Granted, I have not read the bill in it's entirety, but I'm pretty sure I caught a part about all broadcasts and streaming players that are originally meant for television. . . having three years from the passage of the bill, which was about 16 months ago. I certainly hope there will be an enforcement unit to the bill and companies like Netflix, NBC, etc. will start getting fined as soon as they pass the deadline. Believe me, one fine, and they will focus enough resources to get everything implemented in less than a month. It really is not that complicated; they are just not focusing any resources on the problem because we deaf/hoh make up such a small segment of the viewers.

BTW, C-SPAN is not a government entity. They have no incentive to start captioning. If you go to PBS.com, you'll see that they've already switched over to a CC-ready player and have begun encoding most of their online content.

The whitehouse.gov stream is always CC, btw.

Yeah, but you have many of the .gov sites that have live streaming are not captioned even the archived videos, too. There are tons of archive .gov videos out there that are not even captioned and it'll take awhile to get them captioned. Just like the tv shows where many in the beginning were not captioned and it took years until you finally saw rerun shows become captioned. It's a matter of playing catch up. Give it 3 to 5 years. It's coming.

As for C-SPAN, it doesn't matter. The bill pertains to videos shown over the internet to be captioned.

Yeah, but you have many of the .gov sites that have live streaming are not captioned even the archived videos, too. There are tons of archive .gov videos out there that are not even captioned and it'll take awhile to get them captioned. Just like the tv shows where many in the beginning were not captioned and it took years until you finally saw rerun shows become captioned. It's a matter of playing catch up. Give it 3 to 5 years. It's coming.

As for C-SPAN, it doesn't matter. The bill pertains to videos shown over the internet to be captioned.

I am mostly concerned about live broadcasts and current release stuff, particularly on news websites like CNN and places that show my favorite shows, like Comedy Central. I'm not too concerned about older, archived stuff, but it will be nice to have all that stuff eventually encoded as well.

Long wait or short, this is still a great thing for us. Can we thank Obama for this? :lol:

I am mostly concerned about live broadcasts and current release stuff, particularly on news websites like CNN and places that show my favorite shows, like Comedy Central. I'm not too concerned about older, archived stuff, but it will be nice to have all that stuff eventually encoded as well.

Long wait or short, this is still a great thing for us. Can we thank Obama for this? :lol:

About time, technology made it possible to allow captioning.

Back