Whitening

Going in to get my bleaching kit on Friday! :)

I have thought about using the crest whitening strips but for now I'm just using the Crest whitening toothpaste to see if there is a difference. If there isn't a difference I plan to add the strips to the routine, go through the entire program to see if I can get mine a few shades whiter. If I'm still not satisfied, I can see about going to a dentist to have them cleaned and whitened. Not sure how much it will cost around here.

Just to warn you, there is a good chance your teeth may become very sensitive after the bleaching.
Yes. That's true. Different whitening chemicals can increase sensitivity to teeth due to the wearing away of the yellow.

Think of it as you having a blister. You peel off a blister exposing raw skin. Now, your skin feels sensitive to the air that it feels.

We expect to see pics of your new movie star smile. :D

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the kit until today. I may be able to show the before and after pictures. The dentist took some of my teeth today, and I'm sure she'll take some when I return.

I'm very excited to get the process rolling! She told me that, aside from the yellow, I had very good looking teeth. I think she's taking before and after pictures for her clinic's promotion. I'm not sure though, I'll ask next week.

Update: So far the whitening is working well. I have averagely white teeth right now. :) 11 more days!

your teeth will be very sensitive for the first 24-48 hrs...i went to a hockey game a few hrs I got mine done a few years ago and was almost in tears because my teeth were hurting so much...good luck with that..get that isoactive foam sensodyne toothpaste ..it's AMAZING best sensitive toothpaste I've tried so far
...just read your other posts..i didn't realize it's an at home whitening kit from the dentist...or did you get the treatment at the dentist with that special light and now you're doing the at home process?

Yup I got my molds done at dentist and got them zapped clean. Every 3 months I pick up more of the whitening syringes at my dentist. I'm with everyone else in agreement that YES it makes them sensitive as hell for me. I use sensodyne as well to help counteract that.

Do I think bleaching is the biggest deal in the world, no. But I like to do it and helps me keep my teeth looking sharp, and makes me feel good about it.

your teeth will be very sensitive for the first 24-48 hrs...i went to a hockey game a few hrs I got mine done a few years ago and was almost in tears because my teeth were hurting so much...good luck with that..get that isoactive foam sensodyne toothpaste ..it's AMAZING best sensitive toothpaste I've tried so far
...just read your other posts..i didn't realize it's an at home whitening kit from the dentist...or did you get the treatment at the dentist with that special light and now you're doing the at home process?

I was given moulds and I had to put the bleach (peroxide) into them using a syringe. I kept them in my mouth the whole night. This is normally a two week process, but I saw my dentist yesterday and she said that she didn't think I needed to use it anymore. My teeth are white, white, white! :)

My teeth weren't as sensitive as I thought they would be. When I first put the bleach on at night, it felt as though they were gyrating; however, after the first half hour, they felt fine.

I was given moulds and I had to put the bleach (peroxide) into them using a syringe. I kept them in my mouth the whole night. This is normally a two week process, but I saw my dentist yesterday and she said that she didn't think I needed to use it anymore. My teeth are white, white, white! :)

My teeth weren't as sensitive as I thought they would be. When I first put the bleach on at night, it felt as though they were gyrating; however, after the first half hour, they felt fine.

ahh ok..this isn't as bad as having the treatment with the light...I mean I love having white teeth but damn did it hurt...lol

Back