White Ohio Woman Sues Over Sperm From Black Donor

I wonder if someone in the sperm bank found that they are Lesbians and thought it would be fun to switch from white donor to black donor like revenge on Gay couple. But that is no way for them to do that. For me, it is just a mistake anyway no matter who got the grudge or not on the same sex couple. They have a right to sue for mistake on the donor numbers (no given name of who were the donors), I think. Just numbers. :(
From what I've read elsewhere in articles & comments it doesn't look like it was intentional but the numbers were handwritten and somehow smudged. I don't remember the numbers but the last two digits were something like 50 or 80 and 30. so if one or both got smudged- easy enough to get it screwed up. Begs the question why their system was not digitized and have the ability to print labels for the sperm samples...

If the picture of the child was not shown on internet, we would still be able to see the same picture as an evidence in a court anyway.

As for the mother, she keeps her because the child is a human being. The article says that it's recommended that they move to another place where her child would be not bullied.
All of this because the sperm bank screwed it up so the mother has to move for her child's sake. That means the mother has to quit her job and starts all over.

That's interesting ... they are saying every other white person in their community is racist, but they are not - yet they are suing a sperm donor for being black.

Uh - huh ... riiiiight!:cool2:

That is true and correct on what you comment. This is sad because they are Lesbians and would be discriminated not to have adopted child or children. It is not easy to adopt one or two. Now they have a chance to go through insemination from the right donor. They were in horror that they got the wrong donor (numbers). I don't think it is racist, but they were concerned about the child being in schools and public places, even in their neighborhood. We are not free, yet. We are still discriminate because of our colors (black and brown skins). White people want purity with whiteness in their skin including having blue eyes and blond hairs. That is their dreams. :(

I think every child DESERVES one mom and one dad. Anything less is going to psychologically impair the child to some degree.

This has been proven time after time. Stop worrying about "adult" issues - and start worrying about what kids need.

That is true and correct on what you comment. This is sad because they are Lesbians and would be discriminated not to have adopted child or children. It is not easy to adopt one or two. Now they have a chance to go through insemination from the right donor. They were in horror that they got the wrong donor (numbers). I don't think it is racist, but they were concerned about the child being in schools and public places, even in their neighborhood. We are not free, yet. We are still discriminate because of our colors (black and brown skins). White people want purity with whiteness in their skin including having blue eyes and blond hairs. That is their dreams. :(

Not all White people "want purity with whiteness in their skin including having blue eyes and blond hairs. " I could had care less what color my baby eyes and hair was , my only concerned was that she was a healthy baby . Most of my White women friends had Black babies . 'SOME ' White people want the race to be all 'White' NOT all WHITE PEOPLE!

my son adopting at the moment(30 children up for adoption just in one small county)the social service take this into account as to where you live, unlikely child be mix race because there are no mixed race children where he lives apparently child would suffer.This case different, total cock up...I know thousands of kids need adopting in America I wish people do that as world overpopulated

That's interesting ... they are saying every other white person in their community is racist, but they are not - yet they are suing a sperm donor for being black.

Uh - huh ... riiiiight!:cool2:
No, they are not suing the sperm donor. They sue the business for giving a wrong sperm. They have rights to pay for a sperm by a white donor. The business screwed it up so they must pay as usual.

This is why I was wondering why too many kids out there waiting to be adopted but, just because of this and that, prefers sperm donor.

Too expensive for adoption? It is STILL expensive to get sperm, and going though birth and so on. I don't see difference, just pure discrimination down the road and no winners out there. Sad!

I think every child DESERVES one mom and one dad. Anything less is going to psychologically impair the child to some degree.

This has been proven time after time. Stop worrying about "adult" issues - and start worrying about what kids need.

I don't see racism here. I see people that paid for a service that failed to follow their request.

If you brought your car in for body work, and told them you wanted a full paint job, and you said you wanted Candy Apple Red....how would you feel if you got Pearl White?

The woman was wronged and I think she should be paid for it.

However, as others have commented on this case, I'm kind of wondering how two women partners have not garnered the same level of hatred as a mixed race child in such a community. If the place is that bad, and you have a disposition, why live there in the first place?

Ask yourself, who is the real victim? Is that its that pregnant woman? What if she had sex with black guy the same day she receive sperm so that she can scam the sperm bank in hope to collect $? Is it plausible? That is something I gotta to be careful about when making such judgement, too many con artist out there trying to make money. I have reasonable doubts on her claim. Good example, that stupid woman who sued Wendy over the fact (Really?) that she found shivered finger in bowl of chili. She was busted for lying when suing Wendy fast food restaurant.

The real victim is the baby itself! How it is going to make any difference if that baby was born with disability, will she sue the sperm bank? Put that baby in your shoe, and ask yourself how would you feel about it? How would you feel knowing your mom sued sperm bank because you are black?

I find this (Mother going out to sue somebody) really digesting!

This is why I was wondering why too many kids out there waiting to be adopted but, just because of this and that, prefers sperm donor.

Too expensive for adoption? It is STILL expensive to get sperm, and going though birth and so on. I don't see difference, just pure discrimination down the road and no winners out there. Sad!

100% agree

No, they are not suing the sperm donor. They sue the business for giving a wrong sperm. They have rights to pay for a sperm by a white donor. The business screwed it up so they must pay as usual.

And my point was .... they are claiming other people are being racist (???)

Did they pay for a donated sperm? Did they get a donated sperm? Does she have a baby now?

So what is the problem?

I don't see racism here. I see people that paid for a service that failed to follow their request.

If you brought your car in for body work, and told them you wanted a full paint job, and you said you wanted Candy Apple Red....how would you feel if you got Pearl White?

We are not talking about inanimate objects that have no feelings or personalities. We are talking about a baby.

As a mother of biracial children, I have mixed feelings about this. I understand that they paid money and didn't get what they wanted but at the same time, I would be concerned on the child's feelings if the mothers let this become the central focus on their lives.

Seems nobody was thinking of possible scam going on? If she pulled that scam, and nobody notice, then perfect crime have been pulled. Sad!

As a mother of biracial children, I have mixed feelings about this. I understand that they paid money and didn't get what they wanted but at the same time, I would be concerned on the child's feelings if the mothers let this become the central focus on their lives.

True that's a hard issue.

I agree with you b/c I have a biracial daughter and I am concerned about the child feeling . If the women are this upset about having a biracial child will they harbor bad feelings toward the child while she growing up? I hope people are making sure child is being well cared for. When people say in public and do behind closes doors can be two difference things.

I think sperm donated children now adults have inbred (incest)America had a doctor who was using his sperm I believe he fathered 300 babies....no such thing as fail safe systems

My disclaimer first:

I don't believe in using sperm donors.

My opinion, based on legal issues:

The woman didn't get what she paid for, so she should get a refund on her fee, and any legal fees involved in the process.

My personal opinion:

She shouldn't have brought up all that my-neighbors-are-race-biased stuff. It's not going to help her family situation. It makes her appear racist and greedy, even if she isn't. It certainly is going to endear her to her neighbors, or improve life for her daughter.

Back