White Ohio Woman Sues Over Sperm From Black Donor

I feel really bad for the baby. That baby is going to grow up feeling unloved and unwanted.

where did you get the idea??? :eek3: Mom kept her, you silly! I can understand why she had to do something by suing them, not to do that again.

I feel really bad for the baby. That baby is going to grow up feeling unloved and unwanted.

This was my concern too , I am sure the child will hear about this when she is older .Some jerk will say something cruel to her, I feel it was wrong showing the little girl face all over the internet. The women are no taking consideration how this could affect their child.

Customers are always the priority. She paid for what she wanted but she got what she doesn't want. The sperm bank MUST pay for its mistake.

Customers are always the priority. She paid for what she wanted but she got what she doesn't want. The sperm bank MUST pay for its mistake.

yes but was is really necessary to put their little girl photo on the internet ? You know how cruel kids can be in school , someone could go up the child and say "your mother did not want you b/c you're Black or use another word .

I think if racism is involved on the parents in I don't think they would be keeping their baby and rearranging their life and even where they live so their baby can be in a diverse and safe community.

yes but was is really necessary to put their little girl photo on the internet ? You know how cruel kids can be in school , someone could go up the child and say "your mother did not want you b/c you're Black or use another word .
If the picture of the child was not shown on internet, we would still be able to see the same picture as an evidence in a court anyway.

As for the mother, she keeps her because the child is a human being. The article says that it's recommended that they move to another place where her child would be not bullied.
Cramblett said she and Zinkon love their 2-year-old daughter, Payton, very much and wouldn't change anything about her. But they are concerned about raising her in the predominantly white community where they live.

The lawsuit said they had moved from Akron to Uniontown for better schools and to be closer to Cramblett's family. She said that as a lesbian she has felt the sting of prejudice but doesn't know what it's like to be mistreated because of skin color.

Therapists have recommended that Cramblett, Zinkon and Payton move to a more racially diverse community with good schools, the lawsuit said.
All of this because the sperm bank screwed it up so the mother has to move for her child's sake. That means the mother has to quit her job and starts all over.

If the picture of the child was not shown on internet, we would still be able to see the same picture as an evidence in a court anyway.

As for the mother, she keeps her because the child is a human being. The article says that it's recommended that they move to another place where her child would be not bullied.
All of this because the sperm bank screwed it up so the mother has to move for her child's sake. That means the mother has to quit her job and starts all over.

Right and that is something the sperm bank should pay for.

"As for the mother, she keeps her because the child is a human being. The article says that it's recommended that they move to another place where her child would be not bullied" Anyone that believed moving will keep the child from being bullied is naïve .

"As for the mother, she keeps her because the child is a human being. The article says that it's recommended that they move to another place where her child would be not bullied" Anyone that believed moving will keep the child from being bullied is naïve .
WTF are you saying? That this beautiful child will never have a happy life because of the photo?

Therapists are naive?

From experience I'm mixed and when I was younger I would be picked on by some kids and even had a teacher call me a mutt. But when we moved to a new area I had no problems with it. So it can depend I the area. I have been to 18 schools growing up and every community was different from the next.

WTF are you saying? That this beautiful child will never have a happy life because of the photo?

NO I did not say that you did! I do know how means kids can be in school . Most of the time when a story is about a small child their photos is not showed to protect the child . We never agree on anything so it not about to happen now.

nowaday, there are more and more for mixed kids, so lots of elder people will be gone. Most of us, are more of accepting any mixed kids. Hopefully there will be zero tolerance for kids!

nowaday, there are more and more for mixed kids, so lots of elder people will be gone. Most of us, are more of accepting any mixed kids. Hopefully there will be zero tolerance for kids!

I really agree. I don't think my the time she is school age it would even cross her mind she is mixed since I didn't understand it time I was picked on. It's more common now so I just see myself as an American like everyone else here. I hope she has a good life and doesn't have to be a victim of bullying.

NO I did not say that you did! I do know how means kids can be in school . Most of the time when a story is about a small child their photos is not showed to protect the child . We never agree on anything so it not about to happen now.
That's why therapists recommend that they move to a right place where the child will be treated equally. For example, if you have a mixed-race child and you live in the area where only narrow-minded white people reside, it's time to move out in order to protect your precious child.

Oh, about the photo, well, in the back of my mind, media paid her mother for the photo. You know mass media don't care about the children, all they want is money.

Media are also very sneaky and can grab photos in public places without anyone knowing until it's printed/posted. It's a risk when someone goes public or someone finds the public documents about the lawsuit.

Yes there will always be bullying but there can be less or none- the parents love her (if they didn't she would not be with them right now- given up for adoption), moving to an area with more diverse population and the fact that I think her generation will likely be MUCH more accepting than previous generations. By the time she reaches an age where her peers may become aware of and be able to comprehend the whole situation, she will be old enough to defend herself OR her peers won't even care.

Media are also very sneaky and can grab photos in public places without anyone knowing until it's printed/posted. It's a risk when someone goes public or someone finds the public documents about the lawsuit.

Yes there will always be bullying but there can be less or none- the parents love her (if they didn't she would not be with them right now- given up for adoption), moving to an area with more diverse population and the fact that I think her generation will likely be MUCH more accepting than previous generations. By the time she reaches an age where her peers may become aware of and be able to comprehend the whole situation, she will be old enough to defend herself OR her peers won't even care.

"she will be old enough to defend herself OR her peers won't even care"
I hope this will be true b/c it was not that way for my daughter .

Saying why they didn't adopt is pretty naive. It's expensive to adopt privately. Private adoptions don't always turn out and you lose all 30k (which is about the low end for a private adoption). If you go through the state it can be cheaper, but there can be long waits and if you do foster to adopt you risk bonding with the child and it potentially can be returned to the parents. Buying sperm is the most inexpensive way for them to get pregnant. I don't blame them at all for going that route.

I kind of wonder if she would have sued if the race was white and was still a wrong donor than what they specified. I'm sure they would have but a lot of people are going to question that. Either way- I hope they do win based on the fact that they got the incorrect donor.

As for "what's wrong with you why didn't you adopt?" Many reasons- Adoption- at least in the United States is time consuming, expensive and in many cases have many strict rules in place. Considering the couple is gay it would not surprise me that if they had tried to they may have been turned down. There are also some women who still would like to experience the joy of pregnancy and birth and giving life. That's what I'm seeing and have seen in quite a few comments.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to go the sperm donor route.

That is true and correct on what you comment. This is sad because they are Lesbians and would be discriminated not to have adopted child or children. It is not easy to adopt one or two. Now they have a chance to go through insemination from the right donor. They were in horror that they got the wrong donor (numbers). I don't think it is racist, but they were concerned about the child being in schools and public places, even in their neighborhood. We are not free, yet. We are still discriminate because of our colors (black and brown skins). White people want purity with whiteness in their skin including having blue eyes and blond hairs. That is their dreams. :(

I wonder if someone in the sperm bank found that they are Lesbians and thought it would be fun to switch from white donor to black donor like revenge on Gay couple. But that is no way for them to do that. For me, it is just a mistake anyway no matter who got the grudge or not on the same sex couple. They have a right to sue for mistake on the donor numbers (no given name of who were the donors), I think. Just numbers. :(

its done baby here she wanted so much .get on with it....so many kids use adoption

Back