Pick one

• Deaf/deaf/hoh world

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Hearing world

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • explains anything

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
Re do your poll cuz Deaf its its own category. deaf and HOH could be grouped together because they are both culturally Hearing people who identify only as having a medical hearing impairment.

You forgot one that only has one member "DEAF"

mine should be obvious by now.. if not read my signature line:naughty::naughty:

If Deaf Cat world, count me in! :D
I get to be president of it!
530295_10152045216628642_619156607_n.jpg

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

It always comes back to this with the Deaf Community. It's never about bringing people together. The people never do anything to further better relations.

ever thought that maybe it's you, not them?

It always comes back to this with the Deaf Community. It's never about bringing people together. The people never do anything to further better relations.

Why does it upset you about the Deaf community? Here on AD brings up constantly of discussing about CI or learning how to speak or hearing aid or how to face with this hearing loss that those issues are not applying to me but I am still here.

What do hearing people have to offer? Are they generally willing to learn ASL? I don't think so, and what do I think they have to offer for Deaf people? "FIX THEM or else" Like trying to invent CI, trying to set up oral only Deaf school, and so on? Is that what they offer?

We the Deaf people wanted is some damn respect and not treating Deaf as dumb. What I mean is, I rather hearing Hearing people discover Deaf person and said, oh cool! never heard of that, and become curious and open mind than running amok and screaming "Im so sorry your Deaf"

Hearing people often offers sympathy for Deaf, do you expect us to accept and needed these kind of pity? Hell F... NO! These hearing people are sick, period!

If this is what the Deaf community has to offer, I want nothing to do with it.

here is an analogy, Gay pride and the religious right. Deaf are the Gay pride and Hearing world and medical profession are the religious right. The latter is constantly seeking to opress the rights and self expression of the former. Deaf does bring our community together and its what creates the Deaf community itself. Yet when medical and hearing communities in general continue to try and tell us what we should do and opress our rights and our natural language then ask yourself who is really at fault more for not bringing the 2 communities together... You are also ignoring centuries of history and experience of the Deaf!:Owned:

I created the thread here to see how many of you who are comfortable with hearing world or not. I notice that some of you talk about trying to be able to hear. It confuses me that the poll shows that any kind of hearing loss are high percent. Im lost as to why some of you who don't want to learn ASL or ask for some feedback about ASL or or willing to be open minded about Deaf culture. That is the whole point.

Hearing people putting Deaf Community down?

Do the math:
Hearing people fund a university for the Deaf.
Hearing people interpret for the Deaf
Hearing people make closed captions for the Deaf.
Hearing people allow the Deaf to receive disability just for being deaf.

Oh wait, that's not enough! Learn ASL for us too, it will only take you years to learn.

Yea, they're really killing you people.

I've heard a lot of bad things from people, but that post just takes the cake. Just amazing...

Maybe you should re-read my fantasy very carefully, and you will see something positive about hearing people in my story.

I think you just jumped off too fast and too early.

Do the math:

Oh wait, that's not enough! Learn ASL for us too, it will only take you years to learn.

I've heard a lot of bad things from people, but that post just takes the cake. Just amazing...

Do the math:

you're talking about wrong hearing people. that's a bunch of good people up there who understood us and learned ASL to communicate with us but that's not who we're referring to.

Do the math:

What about you? You don't have hearing aid????

Good point, I'm not about 100% deaf only. I have friends in both worlds and I think the problem comes down to avenging kind of attitudes. The US isn't necessarily a multilingual nation like other nations are, so the deaf must still figure out how to accommodate communication in the hearing world.

I have the sense to be grateful to people like Reba who put in time to go to school and help us. To be grateful to companies who spend money on CC to help us. To the hearing people who make hearing aids TO HELP US. To every person who's been kind enough to repeat what they say and stay in a conversation with to HELP US.

And, that post is how Deaf people feel. It's sick. It's insensitive to all the HoH /hearing and late deafened people on this site and they shouldn't have to read it.

you're talking about wrong hearing people. that's a bunch of good people up there who understood us and learned ASL to communicate with us but that's not who we're referring to.

Dream about it. Those are people who have sons, daughters and friends who are deaf without the capital D. They are people who care and it's not because of some small group that they are doing it.

RE-READ my fantasy story f&^*king carefully!

Or should I repost to embarrass you?

I have the sense to be grateful to people like Reba who put in time to go to school and help us. To be grateful to companies who spend money on CC to help us. To the hearing people who make hearing aids TO HELP US. To every person who's been kind enough to repeat what they say and stay in a conversation with to HELP US.

And, that post is how Deaf people feel. It's sick. It's insensitive to all the HoH /hearing and late deafened people on this site and they shouldn't have to read it.

Back