Which next state to legalize the gay marriage?

I voted for Sarvis, he was also pro gay rights and voting for him took votes away from the Republican candidate. Hey, I'm in not only in the western half of the state, but in the Southwestern area, how do you think I feel being the only trans person around these parts? These people around me in my area aren't my kind of people, but overly religious, republicans who love pushing their morality on others.

To be fair, for things like Attorney general, I just did a write-in vote for what I was thinking at that instant and voted for "Who cares". My vote actually counted for one thing, I voted for mixed drinks to be legal to serve in businesses in this small town, so there's that. lol

Western VA scares me. Every time we have been west of Richmond, that's where we run into problems. But maybe this will all change soon.

I can't even begin to imagine what it is like out there for you. Do you at least have access to help to go through the transition?

Western VA scares me. Every time we have been west of Richmond, that's where we run into problems. But maybe this will all change soon.

I can't even begin to imagine what it is like out there for you. Do you at least have access to help to go through the transition?

Home to me is Tipperary, Ireland but stateside I consider Alexandria, VA home and have lived all over the US. This part of Virginia is awful, and I'm deep into the red on election map from 2012 as seen below, I marked where I am. I'm about a 100 or so miles south of Roanoke, about equal distance to West Virginia and Tennessee.

0078e3d10706026b31353fa36e6bbb52.png

The only help I have in transitioning is a counselor DARS paid for and visiting him was a requirement to get my hearing aids paid for by them but other than that, I'm entirely alone and almost always lost on what or how to proceed.

My college doesn't even have anything LGBT and a near by private college does, but they never respond to my attempts at communication. I lack the finances to likely ever transition and that to me is what scares me the most. I applied on healthcare.gov today as I have nothing to lose by doing so, I'm hoping that can pay for my electrolysis. HRT and SRS. Other than that, I might be able to make a sperm bank deposit in case I change my mind about children in the future.

With my family being Fox news junkies and their political spectrums going so far from before they started watching that channel, they [my family] are not only sexist, but racist and homophobic to the nth degree. So I can't get family support and can't start transition until I can find a way to move out.

Right now I have long hair, black/ purple glasses, I paint my nails, secretly dress as my correct gender and since I had to return my hearing aids because they didn't fit and I'm going with BTE ones now, I ordered those in purple. I even have women's motorcycle gear.

But it is scary doing any of what I do here and I do get stared at all the time in a freightening and uncomfortable way around here. We only moved here because in 2001 we left the house we were squatting in up in Maryland and stopped all the way down here looking for someone to rent to my parents with their awful credit.

Home to me is Tipperary, Ireland but stateside I consider Alexandria, VA home and have lived all over the US. This part of Virginia is awful, and I'm deep into the red on election map from 2012 as seen below, I marked where I am. I'm about a 100 or so miles south of Roanoke, about equal distance to West Virginia and Tennessee.

0078e3d10706026b31353fa36e6bbb52.png

The only help I have in transitioning is a counselor DARS paid for and visiting him was a requirement to get my hearing aids paid for by them but other than that, I'm entirely alone and almost always lost on what or how to proceed.

My college doesn't even have anything LGBT and a near by private college does, but they never respond to my attempts at communication. I lack the finances to likely ever transition and that to me is what scares me the most. I applied on healthcare.gov today as I have nothing to lose by doing so, I'm hoping that can pay for my electrolysis. HRT and SRS. Other than that, I might be able to make a sperm bank deposit in case I change my mind about children in the future.

With my family being Fox news junkies and their political spectrums going so far from before they started watching that channel, they [my family] are not only sexist, but racist and homophobic to the nth degree. So I can't get family support and can't start transition until I can find a way to move out.

Right now I have long hair, black/ purple glasses, I paint my nails, secretly dress as my correct gender and since I had to return my hearing aids because they didn't fit and I'm going with BTE ones now, I ordered those in purple. I even have women's motorcycle gear.

But it is scary doing any of what I do here and I do get stared at all the time in a freightening and uncomfortable way around here. We only moved here because in 2001 we left the house we were squatting in up in Maryland and stopped all the way down here looking for someone to rent to my parents with their awful credit.

interesting whoa wow. it is sound look worst :eek3: it is serious . it is too much future 2014 lucky!

Just today I went to get nail polish and top coat from a nail supply store and got an mini interrogation from the clerks as to why I was buying the stuff and why I painted my nails. They apparently never get other TG people come in, so I guess I'm the only one around or at least the only one willing to be honest with themselves and transition.

Oklahoma Drops National Guard Benefits For All Couples To Avoid Serving Same-Sex Couples | ThinkProgress

OMG!

I'm glad that my state national guard issues ID and benefits to gay troopers.
Then the federal government must stop financial aid to Oklahoma's National Guard.

Incidentally, the state’s facilities were built almost entirely with federal funds and 90 percent of the Oklahoma Military Department — which includes the National Guard — is funded by the federal government.

I'm sure Oklahoma will be SO happy when funding is pulled...
Really? I don't think so because it means that working Oklahomans would have to pay more taxes for National Guard in their state if federal funding is pulled out.

It's great that America is making progress towards same-sex marriage with a good number of states making it legal. Wish I could say the same for Australia, but now that the same-sex marriage laws has been repealed in the Australian Capital Territory (the territory where Canberra is located), it paves the way for marriage equality to become a federal law. Still a long way to go yet, but we'll get there some day.

The Supreme Court decided to place a stay on same sex marriages, but we remain optimistic that the state will be on the same page as us.

I was surprised at utah too. It started with one- ONE county being stubborn about it... happens to be the one county a friend of mine lives in (she is not gay but is a huge supporter). She told me that if her kids were not living/going to school there she'd have packed up and left Utah.

Oklahoma is still up in the air I think.. they still can appeal.

The south- will be some of the last states to be kicking and screaming...notably SC, NC and GA

Back