Which do you like - Widescreen or fullscreen DVDs?

Widescreen or fullscreen DVDs?

• Widescreen (Letterbox, Anamorphic etc)

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Fullscreen (Pan & Scan)

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
lol :P

Spikey hair is popular in animes and video games nowaday :(

Y'all, in your opinion... what was the most beautifully shot epic?

(p.s., it has to be in widescreen)

Just curious, have you noticed that animated films tend to look breathtaking on DVD in comparison to most live-action films?

For example, Aladdin, Lion King, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, etc. Most plantium/special editions by Disney tend to give out amazing video quality to their animated films.

What about the anime flicks? Do the Japanese folks tend to give it a great look on DVD?

Banjo said:
Y'all, in your opinion... what was the most beautifully shot epic?

(p.s., it has to be in widescreen)
Yes I know one shot. It was a afterlife colorful scene in 'What Dreams May Come'. It blowed me away.

Banjo said:
Just curious, have you noticed that animated films tend to look breathtaking on DVD in comparison to most live-action films?

For example, Aladdin, Lion King, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, etc. Most plantium/special editions by Disney tend to give out amazing video quality to their animated films.
Yeah, I notice the similarity in these titles.

Banjo said:
What about the anime flicks? Do the Japanese folks tend to give it a great look on DVD?
Oh yeah. In animes, it is popular themes for japanese studios to use. I can use Ghost in the Shell - Innocence as example in the attachments. Last Exile, Blue Submarine No. 6, etc etc so yeah.

Attachments

• gits1.jpg
    gits1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 3
  • gits2.jpg
    gits2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 3
  • gits3.jpg
    gits3.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 5
  • gits5.jpg
    gits5.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 3
  • gits4a.jpg
    gits4a.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 3
I have some anime on DVD that's in widescreen, but most of my anime collection is fullscreen which I don't mind as it's the original aspect anyway. I've noticed my anime DVDs have beautiful looking animation such as Please Teacher. It looks so good on DVD. I'm not sure why.

There's some anime product tie-ins, including Hello Kitty which I'm sure you've all seen everywhere like I have. Pokemon, all the other usual ones. I definitely recommend anime but make sure it's suitable for kids.

Hmm... best scene in widescreen probably would have to be the Empire Strikes Back where you actually get to see ALL the bounty hunters lined up, and you miss out on it a little in fullscreen. Makes you really appreciate widescreen. Also, the LOTR trilogy, when showing scenes of the surroundings, it's breathtaking.

Widescreen.. Fullscreen will be a thing of the past when they get rid of analog TVs and go total HDTV/Digital TVs in a couple of years. The majority of TV sets in other countries are made for widescreen. USA is finally catching up to widescreen TVs like those plasma screens!

I voted Fullscreen than Widescreen. I dont like 1/2 of Picture and 1/2 of Black. That is so annoying and make it look like small picture of movies.. so Fullscreen is more like Movie Theater and Whole picture of movie. DF have 46 inches of TV so I am used to see Fullscreen mostly of time. Am i right about Size of TV, DF?
Mommyof3

Mommyof3 said:
I voted Fullscreen than Widescreen. I dont like 1/2 of Picture and 1/2 of Black. That is so annoying and make it look like small picture of movies.. so Fullscreen is more like Movie Theater and Whole picture of movie. DF have 46 inches of TV so I am used to see Fullscreen mostly of time. Am i right about Size of TV, DF?
Mommyof3

At the theatres, it's widescreen. Not full screen.

Magatsu said:
Yeah, I notice the similarity in these titles.

Oh yeah. In animes, it is popular themes for japanese studios to use. I can use Ghost in the Shell - Innocence as example in the attachments. Last Exile, Blue Submarine No. 6, etc etc so yeah.
Have you watched "animatrix"? a series related to the Matrix universe, was pretty much like the ghost in the shell series and the graphics sure were pretty stunning and sweet but alot of the stories were just plain weird.

The Animatrix indeed has great graphics. The first and last were amazing. Bizarre though. A couple of the stories makes sense if you know the Matrix trilogy but the rest are a bit strange. They explain different aspects of the Matrix. I like the fact they used anime to do that, it shows the world what animation is capable of.

I like WS on my TV, cuz of stubtitles much easier to read. Full screen hard to read the stubtitles on it..

Back