Which did you born hearing impaired or hearing then became impaired?

Nodding I was hearing but I became hearing impaired at age 4 by meningitis spinal.

Correct I was hearing unitl I became hearing impaired at age 4 ok got it?

darkangel8603 said:
u said u were born hearing? I am confused?

I was born severe to profoundly deaf. But had more hearing when i was little than i do now.

C.C.Sinned said:
You told Me AmTrack did it... :-o

What about your hurricane Ivan story???

Ooooooooooopps I'm :topic:

Its true,,I know amtrak did it thats when i still had 65% DBs left and was still wearing a hearing aid. My hearing aid helped me communitcate and work.Now but im deaf i cant work and i cant even get a life cause GOD doesnt want me too.

ravensteve1961 said:
Its true,,I know amtrak did it thats when i still had 65% DBs left and was still wearing a hearing aid. My hearing aid helped me communitcate and work.Now but im deaf i cant work and i cant even get a life cause GOD doesnt want me too.

oh shut up.. u are such a pessimistic
supportline.jpg

DreamyHawaii said:
I was born hearing unitl 4 years old became hearing impaired from meningitis spinal.
I was born deaf unknow. BEcasue my mom didnt tell me how I became deaf. I was born without a ear on my right side... So It unknow how I became hard of hearing too.. My mom didnt explain to me :ily:

I was born profoundly deaf but unknown of the cause of my deafness. All my life, I was oral and could speak well but now my hearing has dropped and my voice is getting rough. People always assumed I was Hard of hearing but I'm not.. and I'm proud to be deaf!!

I was born without a ear on my right side..
That's called anotia.....do you also have no coachla on your right side? What about your left side?
I was born with such severe middle ear difficulties that my ENT told me that most of the time, people with my kind of loss don't have outer ears!
Now but im deaf i cant work and i cant even get a life cause GOD doesnt want me too.
So get a CI or something! Learn Sign.....a lot of people here are deaf, and have been so for their entire lives, and they don't complain, bitch and moan about it....they work and live with it.....quitcher complaining!

I think I got a high fever when I was born.. so I became deaf.

Since I was adopted from India, there was no medications to cure my risk of getting CP and I think I am born deaf (i am unsure) . I came out as a premature baby then I got many infections and that increased my risk of death or CP. I think that the infection caused me to become deaf. my mom told me that when I was a toddler, i had ear infections. I still have to cope with deafness and my VR is going to help me get new hearing aids so I can hear the background and receive speech therapy :)

ravensteve1961 said:

Please remember, LIFE IS NOT EASY and we have to deal with deafness, yet deaf people feel frustrated in hearing world.

rjr2006 said:
Please remember, LIFE IS NOT EASY and we have to deal with deafness, yet deaf people feel frustrated in hearing world.

That's right and we have to beat it! We gotta stand up for ourselves and not get run over by an 18 wheeler.. we will ALWAYS have to prove ourselves that we can do it! Life isn't easy nor for hearing people.. I've seen hearing people struggled in different situations anywhere, anytime.

RS, seems like you're feeling sorry for yourself.. gotta get out and try to do something with your life!

Been deaf since the bith.. i was unknow if i was born hearing or deaf.. I have two bullshit story so once i say i born deaf period.

RebelGirl said:
That's right and we have to beat it! We gotta stand up for ourselves and not get run over by an 18 wheeler.. we will ALWAYS have to prove ourselves that we can do it! Life isn't easy nor for hearing people.. I've seen hearing people struggled in different situations anywhere, anytime.

RS, seems like you're feeling sorry for yourself.. gotta get out and try to do something with your life!

I agree. Some people have it easier than others and no matter who you are...life is hard regardless of disability or lack thereof. A hearing disability is only one of the many disabilities that people are dealing with out there. Personally, I prefer dealing with deafness over any other disability. Just having normal hearing doesn't solve your problems in life either. Life is a challenge for each and every one of us and it depends on your willingness to stand and face these challenges.

Carp Diem!

I was born partially deaf in right ear wore hearing aid growing up. at age of 37 i had 3 major strokes and my heart stopped leaving my frontal lobe w/out oxygen for 17 mins. So know, at 38 I am completely deaf in left ear and almost no hearing at all in my right ear. A hearing aid cant even improve it now. I can hear 1 person a little if they look at me when they speak ,I read there lips and ask them to speak slowly. I still love calasssic rock, so i balst the stereo loud enough to hear it. no worries my home is well insul.ated u cant hear it from outside of my home..

Last edited:
Nerve damage since birth in my right ear. No one was ever sure if it was due to a ruff labor or not..that followed by lots of ear infections and fluid build up..

I used to feel asshamed that I was hearing impaired when I was younger..now Im proud of it and that I've come this far with it. It's who I am and I wouldn't change it for the world. :applause:

I used to feel asshamed that I was hearing impaired when I was younger..now Im proud of it and that I've come this far with it. It's who I am and I wouldn't change it for the world.
Join the club!!!! I also hated being hoh..and it took me seventeen years to come to terms with the fact that I am hoh. Now I love it....its not everyone who can turn their hearing off with a flick of the switch! ;)

I was born deaf caused by the rubella syndrome, so I'm profound deaf. :)

Back