Which did you born hearing impaired or hearing then became impaired?

DreamyHawaii

Reaction score
I was born hearing unitl 4 years old became hearing impaired from meningitis spinal.

Last edited:
I was probably born mildly deaf in right ear and severly deaf in left ear but got progressively worst fairly quickly until I stablized around 4 or 5 as severely impaired in right ear and profoundly in left.

born hearing until 2 years old hit with high fever/ear infection became hard of hearing then hearing decrease slowly until 6th grade got other ear infection lost more hearing after than until senior year went full deaf...

I born deaf due rubella. :) My mom got german measles when she was 3 month pregnant with me.

born profound deaf.....left ear is HOH but lost hearing mostly of it.... right ear is deaf all the life.

Born hearing. Got high fever/ear infection when I was 18 months old. I was in coma for 4 or 5 days (I cannot remember what my mom said). After discharge from hospital and my mom find out I am deaf when I was 2 years old.

Been hoh (moderately severe loss) ALL my life....been that way since conception....as my loss is caused by genetic factors!

I was born Deaf in left ear. Had Hearing in my right ear,,,Then at age 4 my right ear hearing dropped to 55DBs.Then at 17 dropped to 65DBs and now i lost almost the remainder of my hearing at 42 i have 95DBs left and not even a hearing aid can work on that level.

ravensteve1961 said:
I was born Deaf in left ear. Had Hearing in my right ear,,,Then at age 4 my right ear hearing dropped to 55DBs.Then at 17 dropped to 65DBs and now i lost almost the remainder of my hearing at 42 i have 95DBs left and not even a hearing aid can work on that level.

You told Me AmTrack did it... :-o

What about your hurricane Ivan story???

Ooooooooooopps I'm :topic:

I was born fully hearing and became profoundly unilaterally deaf at the age of five from spinal meningitis.

I was born hearing, and became deaf when I was 2 and half yrs old by scarlet fever.

I had German Measles when I was 10 years old, so I had a good start with speech, etc. I am completely deaf.

I was also born with Rubella (had a heart defect because of it), but I was either born hearing or had a mild hearing loss...nobody knows for sure (they didn't test newborns back then)....but when I was almost 2 years old, I had spinal meningitis. Six months later, my parents found out that I have a severe hearing loss in both ears because of the meningitis. When I was 14, my hearing in left ear went from severe to profound (I don't know why)...but my right ear is still stable at the severe hearing loss level. :)

ravensteve1961 said:

u said u were born hearing? I am confused?

I was born severe to profoundly deaf. But had more hearing when i was little than i do now.

Back