Which deaf school that has worst education and dumb policies?

Choose?

• Total voters

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
Please answer from poll about deaf school in 18 state and other, this question is about deaf school that has bunch of worst education and dumb policies including uniform, dorm rule or food at cafertria.

Thanks. Please make comment there.

(Immature student isn't including because most deaf school has same problem too)

Last edited:
Georgia School for the Deaf-uniform policies, some dumb dorm rule, need renovation, mediocre education and lousy food.

Alabama School for the Deaf-uniform policies/grooming code, worst dorm rule, bored dorm, bad relationship program, lousy food, anti-gay, unfriendly staff and too stricter.

Louisiana School for the Deaf-uniform policies, lousy food.

South Carolina School for the Deaf-Horrible food, much strict rule.

Texas School for the Deaf-weird sign language and bad education (Some people told me)

Tenn. School for the Deaf-alot of peabrain student and lousy food. (I forgot to vote)

If anyone disagree then let me know.

I think some of the uniform policies are good news for parents/guardians and children because bascially some parents/guardians just cannot afford to buy clothes for them to wear at school. Not just for deaf children!

I haven't tried the foods at any of the deaf school mentioned above but I can tell you as a day student at (Tenn) SD, the foods were pretty good - probably because I was used with the foods there!
Blink182 said:
Tenn. School for the Deaf-alot of peabrain student and lousy food.
Blink182 - Can you explain what you meant about 'pea-brained' students? I'd like to know more about that. I've not gone back to that school (Tenn) SD in years now.

I personally believe that all of the residential schools for the deaf deserve to be closed down!

Brian said:
I think some of the uniform policies are good news for parents/guardians and children because bascially some parents/guardians just cannot afford to buy clothes for them to wear at school. Not just for deaf children!

I haven't tried the foods at any of the deaf school mentioned above but I can tell you as a day student at (Tenn) SD, the foods were pretty good - probably because I was used with the foods there!Blink182 - Can you explain what you meant about 'pea-brained' students? I'd like to know more about that. I've not gone back to that school (Tenn) SD in years now.

I personally believe that all of the residential schools for the deaf deserve to be closed down!

Peabrain means student that has lacking skill, low function, less knowledge, ignorance and don't know about real thing.

Blink182 said:
Peabrain means student that has lacking skill, low function, less knowledge, ignorance and don't know about real thing.

uhhh Blink182 -- i believe EVERY school has students who are learning disabled or otherwise -- regardless if its a deaf school or hearie school :roll: so theres no reason to call them "peabrain" -- mebbe its u that fit that description due to ur usage of the word q

Blink182 - yeah, I understand what you mean by that. I have seen plenty of them! Many of the teachers didn't teach what they were supposed to - I think they are told what they can/cannot teach. I don't think highly of TSD and other residential schools for the deaf!

Brian said:
Blink182 - yeah, I understand what you mean by that. I have seen plenty of them! Many of the teachers didn't teach what they were supposed to - I think they are told what they can/cannot teach. I don't think highly of TSD and other residential schools for the deaf!

I'm sorry if offensive. :eek:

Blink182 said:
I'm sorry if offensive. :eek:
Nah, not to me, but it is kinda sad to think that deaf children are put in deaf schools. I think all of the parents and guardians should know the truths before sending their child(ren) off to the deaf schools!

Brian said:
Nah, not to me, but it is kinda sad to think that deaf children are put in deaf schools. I think all of the parents and guardians should know the truths before sending their child(ren) off to the deaf schools!

I agree but I refuse send deaf kids to deaf school execpt CSDR, CSDF or Maryland/Hawaii School for the Deaf.

Yes it is, when it comes to comparing to other schools in California. I don't know how both of CSD campuses fare when it comes to comparing other deaf schools in the United States. I suppose almost all deaf schools are about the same.

I personally think deaf schools will be a thing in the past in several years or decades from now.
Nope.....I mean I know it's fashionable to bash deaf schools, but they do serve a purpose. For example really good early intervention is offered there. You cannot get that type of early intervention at a hearing school.
Plus, public schools do not provide the best services. A lot (and I mean A LOT) of students who attend schools for the deaf are there b/c they are sick of not getting appropraaite services in mainstream settings. A public school can just provide the barest minimum of services, and claim that's enough for a dhh kid to suceed. Need we forget about the Case About Amy? There's also the fact that most special ed departments in public schools are not equipped to educate dhh kids. I mean most special ed kids are LD...there's a HUGE difference between educating a LD kid and a kid with classic disabilties.
Unfortunatly a lot of teachers get burnt out and so assume that ALL and EVERY special ed kid is just going to be a moron who will end up on disabilty for the rest of their lives! Unless you're a high powered high achiever type, you're labeled as a stupid slacker type!

Brian said:
Yes it is, when it comes to comparing to other schools in California. I don't know how both of CSD campuses fare when it comes to comparing other deaf schools in the United States. I suppose almost all deaf schools are about the same.

Its not for MSSD or Maryland School for the Deaf.

Not going to vote because it is public poll.

And, some employers from Deaf Schools know how to search internet for your background, blog and what your opinions are. If you wanted to work at one of those schools, and if they found out your exact feelings, how would you feel if you found out you lost the job because of a simple vote?

Nooo, thanks.

Deaf258 said:
Not going to vote because it is public poll.

And, some employers from Deaf Schools know how to search internet for your background, blog and what your opinions are. If you wanted to work at one of those schools, and if they found out your exact feelings, how would you feel if you found out you lost the job because of a simple vote?

Nooo, thanks.

No, It's not sure. Ur wrong!!!! :mad2:

I created public poll many time so people don't get mad or worries about it. Its ur opinion about problem. Moderator can see ur poll if its private though.

Blink182 said:
No, It's not sure. Ur wrong!!!! :mad2:

I created public poll many time so people don't get mad or worries about it. Its ur opinion about problem. Moderator can see ur poll if its private though.

You still don't get it. :dunno:

Back